Customize

Patient falls to death while in care of Narconon in Italy (re Scientology rehab)

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by CommunicatorIC, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Patient falls to death while in care of Narconon in Italy (re Scientology rehab).

Google translation from Italian to English. Any superior translations would be appreciated.

Il Mattino: Tragedy in lane | 22 year old Neapolitan escapes to the doctors and is thrown from hospital window
    http://www.ilmattino.it/PRIMOPIANO/...rzo-piano-ospedale-muore/notizie/855241.shtml
    • Like Like x 5
  2. RightOn Member

OMG! Another one! 22?
    Sue their asses!
    THIS IS WHY
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Bing translation from Italian to English.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. White Tara Global Moderator

Jesus Fucking Christ! :mad: Will human beings never cease to disappoint me.
  5. The Internet Member

So it looks like Narconon staff tried to take the guy in acute withdrawal to a couple different hospitals, but for some reason he was not admitted? Then he dashed away from the Narconon staff, ran up the fire escape outside some hospital, and launched himself?
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

7. Quentinanon Member

NarCONon scilons would justify his death something like this:
    That abberrated, dramatising druggie was out-ethics. He pulled-in his death. He'll just pick up another body and we can handle him next lifetime.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. peterstorm Member

Another day, another useless NN death.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Kilia Member

10. mnql1 Member

Here is a revised translation.

Translation of an Italian article posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 on the website of the daily newspaper Il Mattino:
    Tragedia in corsia | 22enne napoletano sfugge ai medici e si butta dalla finestra dell'ospedale
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Anonymous Member

Thank you, mnql1! Excellent translation!
    • Like Like x 3
  12. wolfbane Member

Anybody know what is meant by "Neapolitan L.1." ? Is that some sort of citizenship or visa designation?
  13. Quentinanon Member

I thought it was a type of dessert caek.
    I think Neapolitan here means a person from Napoli, Italy and L.I. designate the person's name initials.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. The Internet Member

So according to this article, Narconon did everything right, except for taking the patient directly to the psychiatric unit rather than the ER. But the psychiatric unit did not understand how crazy and dangerous the guy was, because they did not assist with getting the guy to the ER.

Did Scientologists write this article, which seems to lay blame on the psychs? Just curious.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ntology-rehab)&p=956923&viewfull=1#post956923
    • Like Like x 1
  16. RightOn Member

so are they going to be pooned with all the info from the US on all the lawsuits filed and all the deaths?
    pretty please?
    Would the lawyers here consider contacting Italy authorities and sharing info?
  17. Quentinanon Member

"I'm not a scientologist, but .........."
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Note: In Italy "118" the number to summon an ambulance, and roughly the equivalent of 911 in the U.S.

It appears the following article is saying the Narconon employees did not call "118" to summon an ambulance -- i.e., they did not call the Italian equivalent of 911 to summon help.

Google translation from Italian to English:

Galatina: "There was no call Narconon at 118"
    http://www.galatina.it/non-ci-fu-nessuna-chiamata-dal-narconon-al-118
    Bing translation from Italian to English:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. meep meep Member

riiiiiight
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

Just checking: Who pays for an ambulance in Italy? In an emergency, I'd assume the government healthcare system, but I'm Canadian.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Random guy Member

Italy has an NHS. Ambulances are run by the hospitals.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. RightOn Member

I just talked to someone who visited their mother in Italy who required an ambulance. She said that doctors go to the houses with the ambulances!
    At least in the area her mother lived. I can't remember where it was now.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Random guy Member

If they did not - and we need to find a way to verify this - then this follows the same pattern as the Lisa McPherson-case. It opens up a few interesting questions:

- Way did they drive there themselves rather than phoning an ambulance?
    - Did they go to the nearest hospital, and if not, why?
    - In what state was P.I. when they decided to go to a hospital?
    - With what qualifications did the Narconon staff decide what hospital to go to?
    • Like Like x 3
  24. DeathHamster Member

If there's no record of a 118 call (and I'll assume that those are tracked and recorded like 911 calls), then they should check with the "psychiatric ward" to see if the Narco-ninnies ever really showed up and were turned away to Emergency.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Google translation from Italian to English:

Galatina: "There was no call Narconon at 118"
    http://www.galatina.it/non-ci-fu-nessuna-chiamata-dal-narconon-al-118
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. DeathHamster Member

And they should check that too.
    This sounds like the usual retro-postulation (wishful thinking after the fact).
    • Like Like x 3
  28. New story.

Google translation from Italian to English:

Leggo: LECCE, 22, COMMITTED SUICIDE IN HOSPITAL, FOUR HOURS OF AN ORDEAL FOR HOSPITALIZATION: AN INVESTIGATION
    http://www.leggo.it/NEWS/ITALIA/indagine_sul_22enne_suicida_ospedale_galatina/notizie/856768.shtml
    • Like Like x 1
  29. mnql1 Member

Here is a revised translation.

Translation of an Italian article posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 on the website of the daily newspaper Il Mattino:
    Lecce. 22enne napoletano suicida in ospedale, quattro ore di calvario per un ricovero: aperta un'inchiesta
    • Like Like x 4
  30. Random guy Member

Good call!
    • Like Like x 2
  31. BigBeard Member

I've been following this kind of stuff too long. After reading the updates about the '118' call, etc., the first thing that came to mind is "L.I." was trying to get away from narCONon, and the two with him were actually trying to take him back when he escaped and jumped.

Probably not, but after the way Lisa McPherson died, who knows?

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  32. JohnnyRUClear Member

It's possible that this is a failure of the hospital bureaucracy; some of the world's problems actually stem from non-Source sources. Still, echoes of Lisa McPherson and Noah Lottick are rippling through this story.

Ooooo, that smell...
    Can't ya smell that smell?
    Ooooo, that smell...
    The smell o' death's around youuuuuuuu
  33. Random guy Member

That is the impression I get from mnq|1's latest translation too. Good on the Italian authorities opening an investigation though.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. It's possible in some suicides that there is no one to "blame".
  35. meep meep Member

IMHO no one is to blame for suicides but the person who ends their life. But someone is to blame for fucking up the care of a suicidal person the bad.
    • Like Like x 5
  36. Quentinanon Member

According to Hubbard, in every situation there is a "who" and a "why". So, if we apply scientology "standardly", the who are those who should have given the victims proper medical care, and the why is that NarCONon gives its victims quack drug rehab tech.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. I gave the OP the subject line I did based on the information I then had available. That is, the information in the first news article.

I have given some thought to whether the subject line is still accurate. I believe it is for two reasons.

First, the victim was under the care of Narconon. Nothing I have read shows that care of the victim had been successfully transferred to any hospital, doctor, or any other medical provider. At the time of his suicide, the victim was in the care and custody of, and being monitored by, Narconon personnel.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, in the first article the Narconon employees said they had called "118" for an ambulance, but had been refused. That was false. A subsequent news article said that a search of the "118" server logs showed that the ambulance service had not received any calls or requests for service from Narconon. If Narcnon had properly and non-negligently called "118" for ambulance service, the victim would have: (a) been restrained and/or monitored by professionals who had been trained to do so; (b) been expeditiously transported to the correct hospital entry point and admitted; and, therefore (c) not committed suicide.

I am not saying the hospital and medical providers do not bear some responsibility. I am saying that on the above analysis Narconon is not free from responsibility, and indeed bear primary responsibility.
    • Like Like x 6
  38. Good point, CIC.

It would be unlikely in the extreme if Narconon staff had a written procedure on how to handle the transfer of a possibly psychotic patient to the care of psychiatrists. Don't quote me, but I don't think Elron wrote a HCOB on that particular transaction.

That being so, the Narconon staff would be operating without the guidance necessary to handle such matters.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. jensting Member

• Like Like x 2
  40. Random guy Member

Adding to that, whatever guidance Narconon staff has to handle anything in the first place is insufficient, if not downright damaging.
    • Like Like x 3