Customize

pasadena org opening, july 18th planning

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by the anti, Jul 11, 2010.

1. the anti Member

pasadena org opening, july 18th planning

because i was asked to start the topic.

alright lets figure this bad boy out, we have a party to crash.
  2. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Re: pasadena org opening, july 18th planning

The first logical step would be to find out whether the scilons have permits, and if so, what they're gonna close off.

This might have been done already, I didn't check the other thread. I just want to sound smart :D
  3. Anonymous Member

What Day?
    What time?
    I be there!
  4. the anti Member

sunday, sunday, yes, sunday the 18th. time, we don't have one right now
  5. panzerknacker Member

I'm in.

We gotta work on the time. Any leaked emails or information about what time the event will be? If there are city permits for street closures, etc., those may reveal the time of the event. If not, I guess we'll have to average it out based on when these things usually are.

Also, can anyone get a hold of the Jewish anon who wanted to raid with us but couldn't because of the Sabbath? I think his username was alkapwn. He'd be stoked about the Sunday raid.
  6. Alkapwn Member

I'M IN
  7. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

But I thought we hated the jews. Jeff Stone said it was true.
  8. Alkapwn Member

Hate us all you want, caek distinguishes between no man.
  9. Anonymous Member

intelligence says the scilons say theyre closing off the whole block for the event. they may or may not have an actual permit for it.
  10. Anonymous Member

We have known what time it starts since we found out what day it occurs:
    Pasadena Chamber of Commerce — In the interest of the Pasadena Business Community
    (This is a blog, so it may be on a different page when you look)

But as it starts at 6pm, being there before then would be best.
  11. Smurf Member

The new org got some honorable mention from the "green" community:

"On the building front, the Church of Scientology is about to open a new LEED certified church in Pasadena, following a string of renovations of historic buildings -- some award winning -- over the last several years."

Input Welcome to Make Buildings Greener | Buildings | GreenBiz.com

Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note: I contacted the Pasadena City Manager's office today on whether the cult has applied for street closure or film permits on Sunday. Not yet. However, Steve Mermell's office mentioned (asst. city manager) they've been talking with the Pasadena Police.
  12. the anti Member

do we know what elected official will be there?
  13. Smurf Member

They can't block it off without permits.

It's in a business district where many shops are open on Sunday. I dare them to interfere with folks at Lucky Baldwin's next door that gets alot of Sunday customers.
  14. EyeOnSci Member

I bet they buy off LB's.

The other question is that big parking structure next to their building. Who owns that and will the public still need to park there for the other businesses?
  15. Smurf Member

They're owned by the city of Pasadena and managed by the Old Pasadena Management District. The garage you're referring to is One Colorado Parking.

"Your money stays in Old Pasadena and funds programs to maintain the Streetscapes and Alley Walkways safe and clean."

Old Pasadena : About Old Pasadena

I doubt that Scientology could take over the entire garage; they may pay for a block of parking spaces for their VIPs though.
  16. Anonymous Member

somebody got the address of this place?
  17. the anti Member

35 South Raymond Avenue
  18. EyeOnSci Member

I wonder how many auto entrances there are for that garage, if there is only one, by the org on Raymond. I would assume that the cult would not be able to close off the whole street if the public still has a right to use the garage.

That said, I wonder who in Pasadena the cult is buying off or trying to buy off, to get the block closure or near equivalent.

What happened to Gail Carroll who used to be the ED of the Pasadena org?
  19. Anonymous Member

There are three entrances. One on Fairoaks on the west side, two side by side on Green to the south, and one on Raymond to the east. They block off Raymond, the Raymond one will be closed.

Green is a one way street heading east.
  20. Sponge Member

Moxon will be there with wads of photocopied sections of irrelevant laws about things like disrupting a religious worship and other such dipshit to show gullible police in order to have protesters removed from the area.
    e.g.
    Your defence in the heat of the moment, that this is not a gathering for worship by any stretch of imagination (as can be seen in every video of every idle org opening so far and which no jury with one combined brain cell would convict on), will be an uphill struggle. The cop on the one hand has a suit'n'tie lawyer of the glossy Tom Cruise "religion" baawing at him in one ear and on the other he has a bunch of scruffy ruffians in GF masks. Guess which one officer dibble will listen to in order to have his day go more smoothly?

The person or persons that manage to unfurl a huge "whoisdavidmiscavige.com" banner from the rooftops or upstairs windows of the buildings opposite the midget's podium will receive oral sex twice a week for life.
  21. Alkapwn Member

So can we get a meeting place and time together pl0x?
  22. Touchstone Member

Sounds like we already have one: At or near Pasadena Idle Org, preferably a lil' before 6. We probably don't need to be any more specific than that, since ruffians, anarchists, terrorists, faggots, space monsters, femanons and wolves in human clothing tend to just show up when they feel like it anyway.
  23. ObamAnon Member

Well, some ruffians are taking transportation that requires reservations.

6pm at the Org? OK, but that is a little late in the day. Is there someplace nearby to enturbulate until then?

How late does the event go? This is important for scheduling as well.
  24. Triumph Member

Moxon and his 1690's Laws
    towncrier3as-776170.jpg

Hear Ye Hear Ye: all protester be accused of Suspicion of Sundry acts of Witchcraft against the Church of Scientology
  25. Anonymous Member

The event starts at 6pm, so being there before 5pm would be best...or even earlier.
    I know I will be scoping it out a bit before..see what is closed or blocked...any issues...and posting it to wwp I guess so people would have a headsup...people with smartphones that is.
  26. Smurf Member

Answered you in 2009: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/970957-post8/

They live in Monrovia (near Pasadena):

622 Terrado Drive, Monrovia, California 91016 | BlockShopper Los Angeles

They're still involved in the Pasadena Org. Both were involved in the Pasadena Files Project in March...

Ex Scientologist Message Board - View Single Post - Pasadena's Goal to "Ideal Org"

Their son, Noel, is now OT-VIII.
  27. Smurf Member

I'm getting there early... down a couple at Lucky Baldwins first. It'll make listening to Tommy Davis & DM less invasive on the ears.
  28. ObamAnon Member

How late does it go, Smurf?
  29. Smurf Member

Officially scheduled 6-8pm. People will hang around for the reception and tours.
  30. the anti Member

i think we should be done about 8 or 9, at least most of us I'm sure.

also we need to figure out every place they will be coming in from
  31. panzerknacker Member

Maybe we should aim for 4:30 so we can be in full numbers by 5:00. (I'm assuming the scilons will have their sheep shielded safely from reality once inside the event.)

Also, do we know if this is going to be a screened-off outdoor event or an indoor event? I've never seen the place, so....

Tommy Davis will be there?! I'll be sure to bring the special sign I made in support of him.
  32. Smurf Member

I suspect it will be tarped off. I don't have the dox yet but I'm betting they'll get a special permit to block off a section of Raymond Avenue.

The Pasadena Scilons also have a special relationship with the Pasadena PD. Some of the older & retired Scilons volunteer for the PD which the cult takes full advantage of.
  33. EyeOnSci Member

Thanks, Smurf.

I wanted to know if she was still involved in the cult and I see that she is.

I'm still wondering why, after so many years as the Ed for the org, that she is no longer the ED, just before the building purchase on Raymond.
  34. i'mglib Member

There's a 90% chance I will be there. I have relatives in town, but what's more important, right? I have more ideas for signs targeting public scns, which hopefully will materialize.
  35. WhoIsAnon Member

^
  36. Touchstone Member

Family is more important. This, however, may be a rarer opportunity, so perhaps more urgent. Protesting can also be a lot more fun than hanging with relatives, depending on which relatives are in town, of course. Do what's best for you; the cult's failboat is sinking no matter what, although it's gratifying to help speed up the process. One more hole in the hull below the waterline...
  37. Anonymous Member

So what do think is the best place to show our love since Raymond sidewalks will be closed?
  38. Zak McKracken Member

THANKS!

gist of it:

Raymond Street closed from Green to Colorado, 2pm - midnight 7/18
    Mercantile Place closed from Braley to Raymond (same)

Lucky Baldwins appears to be shut out.

"Various sidewalk closures at specified times in the special use permit"
    The only times I see specified are:

2am-7am 7/14-7/15 - for construction work.
    also
    7/14-7/18 - staging and miscellaneous prep
    (must keep minimum of 5ft clear pedestrian walkway at all times)

I think the "5ft walkway" doesn't apply on 7/14-7/15 since they're using heavy equipment.

Emergency and local vehicles will be allowed to pass the barricades at all times.
    Ha! I doubt it.

Maybe someone else can clarify, but from the wording I read,
    it doesn't sound as though the permit lets them close the sidewalks *during* the event.
    And I don't see any granted variance for the "5 ft pedestrian walkway".

Will they close it anyway? Wouldn't surprise me.
  39. Anonymous Member

2nkos4p.jpg