Customize

#OWS: Strobes, Bricks & Oral Sex: Protest and The Law

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Wrong Guy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Yeah. Death of a strobe light sucks when you're at a techno party.
  2. lulzgasm Member

All fun aside. I think 612's reasoning is it shouldn't be discussed/advocated on WWP. Not that it shouldn't be discussed, like, say elsewhere--hint, hint.
  3. QFT! <3 it!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

I think 612's reasoning is "YOU CAN'T BAD MOUTH THE COPS, THAT'S ILLEGAL!!!11!!"

Nobody here is advocating throwing bricks at the police, that would be fucking stupid, but throwing them at strobe lights would be the correct and lawful thing to do if they were actually causing dangerous epileptic seizures in people.
  5. Anonymous Member

Let's put it in simple terms - if the cops start using strobe lights - the protesters now know what to do. :)
  6. lulzgasm Member

Better hope they have good lawyers. :p
  7. adhocrat Member

dox please.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

Well that's going to help if some CoS dicks go running to the cops with complaints against the person who owns this site. There is a valid reason for being so strict on here about stuff like that so try to respect it.
  9. Stating this only from my POV, and none of the other Moderators: Anonymous612 was promoting respect for the mandate of WWP, and I think that most veteran members of WWP appreciate this kind of action.

WWP is receiving about fifty+ new members daily during these interesting times. Many of these new users have ignored all the advice in the New Member Area and end up on the forum threads with many misconceptions.

Moderators can't be everywhere, and members taking time to point out the particulars with regard to legality/illegality is something that I happen to appreciate and endorse.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

Hey, I'm not disrespecting this site, at all.

I'm trying to defend it from people who think it's ok for cops to harm protesters.

Because of "the law". Fuck the CoS, you better believe that if this revolution takes off, the cult will be one of the first victims of land seizure and asset reclamation.

That will be the new law. Fort Harrison will become Anon HQ.
  11. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Let me see if I am following this thread correctly:

1. Cops bring a bank of strobe lights... for what reason exactly? Blocking cameras? Seems rash...
    2. Somebody suggests a brick. I read it as "A means to block out the lights". Clarified later as "Chuck brick into lights".
    3. Somebody mentions unusual sex laws. I add: It is illegal to have buttsects here in Missouri.
    4. 612 points out the illegalness of chucking bricks at cops.
    5. I point out: Chucking bricks at ARMED cops who have GUNS and maybe itchy trigger fingers makes as much sense as these odd sex laws.
    6. Some Herp Derp.
    7. Somebody suggests cutting the power cord to the lights with scissors or some sharp object. I add: If these lights are what I think they are: Why not save time and just go to a power substation and lick the power lines? Different scenarios. Same results. Also, good luck getting past the armed cops on your way to an herro via electrocution.
    8. Moar Herp Derp.
    9. Me posting this.
    Yep... Just another day on WWP!
    • Like Like x 3
  12. slobeck Member

[IMG]
  13. James Spader Member

We ask that users not advocate or plan illegal acts here. This does not mean that you cannot discuss relevant issues like civil disobedience.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Tangerine Member

Audio and visual riot control hardware is typically self-contained on a large vehicle. I have not seen a photo of the strobe in question, but I have never seen one that was not mounted on a dedicated vehicle. Riot control is something of a specialty. I wanted to comment on any ideas of tripping or snipping an electrical wire plugged into - I don't know what - that people were discussing. Second, police may legally do things other people cannot. Like using riot control equipment. Vandalizing will surely get you in serious legal trouble, and probably some undesired rough handling. My opinion is that the most supremely stupid thing to do in a riot-control area is to riot. Expect a baton to the head and jail time with a very expensive bill to pay. Not a wise way to spend your day.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

1) Strobes and loud audio devices are meant to disorient and disperse a dangerous crowd. It is an option in the riot control arsenal and precedes harsher methods of dealing with rioting crowds.
    2) Brick will be a felony and something physical to bring you (the crazy fuck) down.
    3) High five.
    4) yes. Don't throw stuff. Especially at the police.
    5) Duh. Throw a brick at a cop. Felony and possible "death by cop" suicide mission.
    6) Ok.
    7) Crazy talk. Don't go there at WWP. That's more prison talk.
    8) Fine.
    9) 1/10
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

OK, point taken. Was a little drunk. I'm more used to folk having a healthy disrespect for the law, and I'm pretty sure if the cops started using strobe lighting it would be rendered non-functional swiftly.

I don't want to get the site into trouble but I'll be taking no lessons from 612 on how to deal with cops in a conflict, given that they are usually the violent minority who unlawfully ruin it for everyone then lie and cover it up later.

They should remember that they work for us and not for governments or corporations. That is all.
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

19. xenubarb Member

No law against wearing decorative mirrors, is there? In India, they sew them right into the fabric. Also, mirrored sunglasses at night, why not?
    • Like Like x 4
  20. xenubarb Member

and reflective shields. Remember The Medusa!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  21. xenubarb Member

http://www.buzzfeed.com/pankastank/us-marine-demolishes-nypd-3wxz

Maybe all of us veterans oughta get our asses out there in uniform...being a vet gives one a little cred when assholes wearing teabags start yappin about patriotism.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Anonymous Member

23. eddieVroom Member

leapoffaithy.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Please elaborate on this "stobbing".
  25. Anonymous Member

only after you explain the three shells
  26. Anonymous Member

Cops will take orders from their paymasters. That's why the cult gives them extra little side jobs in Clearwater for money.
  27. Anonymous Member

Then stand with your back to the light retard. Still get the same picture, same people, just different angle.

Dumb fuck rode the short bus to the protest.
  28. Anonymous Member

I suppose if you put enough light on the street, the strobes would be less of an issue. I remember those flares on umbrellas from basic training...
  29. Is civil disobedience which is legal even possible?

Wouldn't that be 'civil obedience'?

The only example of legal civil disobedience I can think of is the protesters who were acquitted on charges of damaging a Hawk jet bound for Indonesia, on the grounds that it (the jet) would be used to break international law by attacking civilians in Indonesia, and that therefore they were justified in acting to prevent a crime.

http://www.flyingfish.org.uk/articles/excuse/lawful.htm

... although now I've started looking it turns out that there are other examples...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/may/26/iraq.iraq

30. Anonymous Member

Brave men and women, an example to us all.

Brave jury too.
  31. adhocrat Member

in the US it is called 'jury nullification' and to mention it in the courtroom is to court a mistrial and admonishment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification#United_States
    • Like Like x 2
  32. over9000OT Member

But not butt churches.

Yet.
  33. SOJOA Member

First, assuming alot of you people havent had a misspent youth.....or atleast experimented, alittle bit of knowledge and knowing a few people can go along way in shutting this cop shit down. Much much easier ways than getting into fights or cause mayhem.

BTW on a side note.....if all of you dont have the ambition to do this or just plain stupid, think how much it is costing the cops for setup, monitoring and the dollars for the electricity. All tax dollars. Even more to get people involved in.

Catching criminals!!!! nnnaaahhhh the corrupt banks want us to waste more tax dollars on them to escape persecution.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. James Spader Member

Only after the fact, as far as I can tell.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. DeathHamster Member

Take pictures, like always. (Careful to turn off those flashes.)
  36. Anonymous Member

http://gothamist.com/2011/10/17/is_nypd_using_some_sort_of_strobe_l.php