Customize

#OWS: Strobes, Bricks & Oral Sex: Protest and The Law

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Wrong Guy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

3. LocalSP Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous Member

So they will be able to get sues if someone has an epilepsy fit?

Besides, strobe lamps are easily switched off by using a brick.
  5. anonymous612 Member

And that would be illegal.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ItchyScratchy Member

Is it actually illegal to shut off a lamp with a brick?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. James Spader Member

WWP advocates only the gentle and legal use of bricks.
    • Like Like x 11
  8. ItchyScratchy Member

Excellent, seems like an expensive way to turn off lamps but who am I to judge.
  9. slobeck Member

and permanent. lol
  10. Anonymous Member

If you're in Florida, unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence.

It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

It is illegal to skateboard without a license.

You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.

You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.

Oral sex is illegal.

anonymous612, it has been noted that you are obsessed with upholding the law no matter how ridiculous, and your unconditional love for police officers is well documented. But some laws are retarded and they need to be changed.
    If I were an epileptic I would happily smash a strobe light being used against me by a policeman, as it would mean not having an epileptic fit.

You may use any means necessary to defend yourself against attack, and that would be what I were doing by throwing a brick at a strobe lamp.

Are you getting closer to figuring out how retarded and pedantic you are coming across yet?
  11. anonymous612 Member

Are you getting closer to figuring out you're posting on WhyWeProtest and you can't advocate illegal acts here?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Oral sex is illegal in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia and Washington D.C.

So no oral sex for anonymous612. She just can't be breakin no laws.
  13. Anonymous Member

I advocate oral sex. Which means I am breaking the law in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia and Washington D.C.

Have you ever given or received oral sex in any of those states, 612?
  14. slobeck Member

I may be wrong but I would imagine that if a police officer is flashing a stobe at you (epileptic or not) and you throw a brick at the light (which REALLY means that you're throwing a brick AT a cop) would get you rightly arrested. While it's still prolly illegal, if there was a cord to a battery pack (bright strobes take a lot of power), I might cut the cord. Yeah, it might get me arrested but a brick at a cop is more like an assault with a weapon.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

New York Codes, Rules and Regulations
    Title 15 Motor Vehicles
    Chapter 1 Commissioner's Regulations
    Part 44 Colored Lights

44.4 (m) :Lights that give off blinding flashes, such as strobe lights ARE prohibited

So what happens when the COPS are breaking the law, 612?

What happens then - please tell us.
  16. anonymous612 Member

Sure is samefag anonposting in here.

My opinion on general brickthrowing has yet to be mentioned ITT. I pointed out it was illegal because gee, you can't go around suggesting that shit on WWP.

I don't give a fuck, because the cops aren't posting on WWP recommending people break the law.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

See when I have seen strobe lights they are in a box on a lighting stand. So obviously I would never advocate throwing a brick at a cop, but throwing a brick at equipment if there is no risk to anyone's safety - yeah definitely I would throw that brick.
  18. Anonymous Member

What - I can't suggest destroying equipment that the NYPD is using illegally and at great risk to epileptic people who happen to be protesting?

I am suggesting that very thing. In fact I would positively encourage it.

Cops don't need to post here. They know that you got their back.
  19. anonymous612 Member

Not on WWP.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

Not if the lamp is being used to harm people and strobe lamps are illegal to use on the NY streets according to law.
  21. slobeck Member

ok.. think about that for a second. If there's a bank of stationary strobes... I imagined a hand held one in a demonstration... then there WILL be power cords. Brick is unnecessary overkill and WILL get you arrested. Also its easier to carry a knife of scissors to cut the cord than a brick, which, in a crowd will get you arrested just for carrying it. Think "black block"
  22. Anonymous Member

You know what - I'll wait for a moderator to decide that - not you, because I think you are an idiot.

I don't believe destroying equipment that is being used ILLEGALLY against innocent people is breaking the law of the land.
  23. slobeck Member

A brick =/= legal remedy to illegal use of a strobe light. A LAWSUIT is. And you have to demonstrate HARM. Good luck with that.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. anonymous612 Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

How close do you think you'll be able to get to the strobe lamp banks with a pair of scissors without getting a skull cracked?
  26. slobeck Member

I'm sneaky. And if determined enough, yeah i could get close. Try carrying a brick to a demonstration. See how fucking close you get to ANYTHING before someone RIGHTLY reportts you to the police as a possible AGITATOR about to use the brick to start breaking bank windows like they did in Rome. Which will in the end work AGAINST the cause. l2protest
    • Like Like x 1
  27. slobeck Member

And furthermore, if it was a BANK of strobes I doubt ONE brick will be sufficient to take out all the lights. So what you gonna do? Have a 10 people carry bricks into a cop filled demonstration? Good luck with that, retard.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. xenubarb Member

Mirrors reflect light...including strobes. Just sayin, turn it around on 'em and chant STOP STROBING YOURSELF. It'd be funny.
    • Like Like x 11
  29. slobeck Member

aaaaand /thread
  30. ItchyScratchy Member

Are you suggestion people should harm the police by stobbing them?

612 is going to have an aneurism if you guys keep up with the endorsement of illegal activities.

Also the chanting might exceed 110 decibles which is also illegal.

My god people think of the law before you post.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Ignatz only uses soft, foam-rubber bricks and never throws these at the cop!

38H6B.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

ITT: 612 sure loves a man in uniform

And yeah, if someone is causing unlawful harm to another, then it is your moral, if not lawful duty to stop that person.

Even if it is a disco dancing strobe light holding pig.
  33. Jesus its about time someone called this guy a cock.
  34. lulzgasm Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the courts finally rule that it's legal to defend yourself against an illegal arrest? So....wouldn't it also be legal to defend yourself against the illegal use of strobes?
  35. Anonymous Member

36. Anonymous Member

May I be the first to say

SITUATION ROOM SITUATION ROOM SITUATION ROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  37. Anonymous Member

That is precisely the point 612 does not comprehend.

A wise person once said that laws are to guide the wise and to govern the fools.

612 a case in point of the latter.
  38. slobeck Member

39. ItchyScratchy Member

• Like Like x 2
  40. strobe Member

I'm damn good at blinding hippies.

Not so happy about some of the brick-related death threats ITT.