Customize

Orlando, Florida

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by PB8TU, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PB8TU Member

Orlando, Florida

Okay forgive me if things seem to be missing, I'm still new at this.

But guys, come on. We need to step things up in Orlando. My first protest I went to there were at least 30 people. Last time there were two. We are a huge area we NEED people out there.
    Clear your plans, turn off phones, tell everyone your going on vacation, hop on the bus and get out there. Two people can't do this alone!

It seems Dec. 13 will be the date.
    If anyone can give me a map and exact address I will be sure to bring you a special cupcake that day that I will make myself.

What we need:
    (in order of most needed)

People
    signs
    excitment
    water
    food
    music
    great costumes(let's make this fun yeah? I plan to go as a doll.)
    Cameras
    Fliers(optional as I have a ton to share)
    (anything I'm missing?)

Don't bring:
    Your bad attitude
    Weapons
    Highly offensive signs(we want to make people intrested, not insult them)
    Alcohol
    Drugs
    Anyting else illegal
    ID
    Anything that can be used to recognize you later.

The portest have not been good lately but it's cooled down and now is the perfect time for a come back so let's get out there and spread the word people.

Oh and post what you plan to go as. It'd be odd haveing like 10 dolls or toy soldiers. Unless it was a bunch of those army men. That'd be pretty rad.
  2. HubbBudd Member

Re: the future of Orlando, Florida

I led the Aug/Sep/Oct protests and then participated on Nov 8, with my picket signs a block down the street from the candlelight vigil, out of respect for our fallen brother.

I have unfortunately taken a new job that is 100% travel and thus I will not be in Orlando again until July 2010.

Please carry on. Have fun, enturbulate, and CAEK 4 AWL!

Even two people is a protest. Be faithful in attendance, and in posting dates and news here and other places, and more Anons will join you.

IMHO, our "target" market in Orlando is passing traffic, since there is no pedestrian traffic and no Scilons going in or out. Keep your signs short and sweet, easily readable from passing cars. I have had good luck with "RELIGION IS FREE, SCIENTOLOGY IS NEITHER" and "WIKIPEDIA: SCIENTOLOGY OR DIANETICS."

You ARE doing a good work. Keep it up!

HubbBudd
    "on the road again..."

DECEMBER 13 I WILL BE JOINING THE PROTEST IN NEW YORK CITY, on W 4th Street just west of Times Square!!
  3. anonymous612 Member

Re: Orlando, Florida

You need to get on IRC, Orlando works almost exclusively off of irc.partyvan.fm #orlando in my experience.
  4. g3kanon Member

get on irc if you want anything meaningful.

we decentralized, learn 2 do it. we ignore meaningless forums for the most part.
  5. PyroFox Member

im in. hopefully.
  6. HubbBudd Member

Re: Orlando, Florida and irc.partyvan.fm #orlando

I am 54yo and pretty old-school, even though I am a consultant for IBM and Microsoft. I was on irc.partyvan.fm #orlando several times back in October and it seemed pretty wild-west to me. That plus the general FU attitude of some people turned me off to it. Sorry, but that's how I took it. :(
  7. anonymous612 Member

hai welcome to anonymous.

Also what does "wild west" mean as an adjective?
  8. g3kanon Member

Wow, you really must be new. They don't call us the internet haet machien for nothing. Did you think it was a pet name? We're not playing games or trying to change the world with hopeful anime tear filled eyes.

Most of us are so disillusioned with chanology because of bullshit like this. DC put us over the fucking edge.

If IRC is too much for you, then I suggest you pack your bags and go. Orlando is a weak cause anyway.

I've suggested that #Orlando does not post in any Chanology related forum or thread. My suggestions get held in high regard (or so I'd like to think) If you want to plan something, you have to come on IRC. Consider it chemo.

[edit] samurai swords are available after a three day waiting period. you can take them to the next protest.
  9. HubbBudd Member

I am only aware of the local Co$ office at 1830 Colonial Drive.

Do they also make appearances at UCF, local malls, flea markets, etc. ?
  10. Merkaba Member

I wish I could make it, but I'm too poor. I'll make January's though. I carpooled to the first big Clearwater protest with you all, and I've been thinking about anon ever since. My signs are still sitting in the garage, and I will make sure they see use again. I promise.
  11. the_cloak Member

Don't be a lulzkiller. The "Honk if you hate Scientology" is perfect for Florida (orlando and clearwater) because they are such a big presence there that people truely do hate them. Look at all the positive attention anons got in Jan 26th. Hug raids and other excessive moralfaggotry is what killed off most of the desire for many anons to continue protesting. They saw this turning into yet another sappy bleeding heart liberal college hippy movement and that is why that chanology was declared to be cancer.
  12. Re: Orlando, Florida

I could possibly go, maybe bring friends.

All depends on what time on the 13th.
  13. HubbBudd Member

It seems that the best time is 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. According to my traffic count, more than 3000 cars pass between 11 & 12 and 12 & 1, and 2000 between 1 & 2 and 2 & 3. Maybe >9000 during the busy holiday season?

There is NO pedestrian foot traffic anywhere near 1830 Colonial, so flyers are fail. Bring signs with short simple easy-to-read slogans, and a smile.

- According to OPD Special Operations, masks are permitted.
    - Also, do not stop on the sidewalk or congregate. You must keep moving. Walking is fine.
    - I would stay on the sidewalk across the street from the C0$, personally.

Lieutanent Chris Rouse is the officer in charge of that area of town. She is a very pleasant person.

I will be in New York City this Saturday, with the NYCanons on West 46th Street!!
  14. anonymous612 Member

That takes all the fun out of it.
  15. JoshTheater Member

Still Alive - Marcab

If folks would be so kind as to throw together some quick, one paragraph summaries of what's been going on in their local cells here, the hope is to get a nice website up compiling everything (kinda like Anonymous Resources, only with some more information about the groups). We could even *gasp* KEEP IT UP TO DATE!
  16. whitby98 Member

Hi - I'm new here. A friend of mine and I were fairly regular protesters in Orlando but haven't been able to come for a few months. We're interested in starting up again - and it sounds like people are needed - but I can't find any info on the partyvan site as to what's been going on.

What are the Orlando plans for January?
  17. anonymous612 Member

You'll need to get on the IRC channel listed above, Orlando -- or at least Orlando excluding a few -- don't plan on the forums.
  18. P149U3 Member

Orlando if u cant get Organized Enough Join Us in Atlanta we are very active and always looking for moar Anons
  19. Samuel Hughes Member

20. anonymous612 Member

Samuel, I've sent this to the two Orlandofags that hang around our site.
  21. Anonymous Member

IRC.NETCHAN.ORG/#ORLANDO
  22. Re: Orlando, Florida

i will be doing a flash raid in June in Orlando
    pm if you like to join me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.