Customize

ORLANDO, FLORIDA - March 20, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Budd, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Budd Member

ORLANDO, FLORIDA - March 20, 2010

Next raid planned for Saturday, March 20 from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.
  2. Anon16559 Member

Re: ORLANDO, FLORIDA - March 20, 2010

In front of the Co$ building? More importantly, is this a stupid question?
  3. Budd Member

Oops, I just scored a big I.T. contract and I will be out of state (UTAH!) from March 20 through April 17. For this unemployed-since-October guy, I cannot pass up this opportunity.

Since I will be out-of-state but not out-of-mind... CentralFLanons are welcome to celebrate LRH's birthday in Clearwater or in Orlando, on whichever days you want.

I am very sorry to dessert you (!) like this, but am already making plans with SLCanons to hang with the peeps out there in MormonLand.

To answer Anon16559's question, we usually walk up and down East Colonial Drive on the block where Co$ is located. Orlando Police Department has NO problem with us being on the same side of the street as long as we do not block the entrance to the building or to any parking. "HONK if you hate..." signs are not allowed. Park on a side street, or take public transportation.

Bring signs, masks, hats, water, and fun attitudes. Please leave the baggage at home. SEE YOU IN MAY!
  4. Anon16559 Member

Bummer, man. Good luck with the job thing though!(not going be specific due to general laziness) You will be missed down south!
  5. anonymous612 Member

People who protest in Orlando this month anyway: PRINT OUT AND CARRY WITH YOU A COPY OF THE MASK LAWS. The Orlando cops have been notoriously reluctant to make up their mind whether they want to recognize or ignore that law, so if you don't have a copy of the laws actually on hand to show them...sucks to be you.

Mask Laws in the State of Florida - Florida Anonymous

Especially familiarize yourself with 876.155. The TL;DR of the laws is:
    "No one over sixteen is allowed to wear a mask, hood, or any device that conceals identity on public roads(876.12), public property(876.13), private property(876.14), or at any protest, demostration or meeting on private property without the prior permission of the owner(876.15), BUT this only applies if the person was wearing the mask to deprive other persons of the equal protection of the law, to intimidate, harass, or abuse, or while committing a crime with the express purpose of hiding their identity while committing that crime, and if they aren't doing any of these things, masks are not banned(876.155). Additionally, any person wearing traditional holiday costumes (such as for halloween), engaging in a trade where a mask is worn for the profession (such as a doctor or welder), anyone using a mask in a theatrical production, including Gasparilla and masquerade balls, or anyone wearing a gas mask in an emergency or drill is exempt from these laws(876.16)."

This is a STATEWIDE law, it covers Orlando as well as Clearwater, Ocala, Pensacola, etc.