Customize

ORLANDO, FLORIDA - February 20, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Budd, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Budd Member

ORLANDO, FLORIDA - February 20, 2010

What's your pleasure, boys and girls? It's time to get the Orlando Love Machine rolling again... this time for February, 2010. As I see it, our target here is the general public driving by. There are NO pedestrians in that area of Colonial Drive and there is virtually no foot traffic in or out of the org, but there is plenty of vehicular traffic. The last traffic count we did was over one thousand vehicles per hour who will see our signs!

Lisa McPherson was born on February 10, 1959. So howzabout we protest in honor of her memory, on the 13th or the 20th? It has been decided since this was originally posted, to have the raid on the 20th. Clearwater is raiding on the 13th.

Anybody got a preference? Dr. Strangelove? CWA? Others?

Please bring:
    • Mask
    • Hat
    • Water
    • Signs
    • Fun attitude
    Please leave the baggage at home. See you soon... across the street from 1830 East Colonial between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Plenty of off-street parking available.
  2. HouseSpiderV3 Member

re: ORLANDO, FLORIDA - February 20, 2010

but no srsly, we can burn an effigy of 1532 rite?
  3. Budd Member

UPDATE: The traffic count on Saturday, January 30, was 1,500 vehicles per hour in each direction.

So yesterday's three-hour protest resulted in over 4,500 vehicles seeing my signs... and four horn-toots and a tnumbs-up.

For full details of January's raid, go here... http://forums.whyweprotest.net/282-usa-east-coast/orlando-florida-january-30-2010-a-60620/

For full details of February's planned raids, go here... http://forums.whyweprotest.net/263-usa-east-coast/orlando-florida-february-2010-a-60591/ (Yes, I know. Silly.)
  4. HouseSpiderV3 Member

CW is raiding on the 13th. Might as well pile the PTS on em imo.

btw are you aware of the bucket of acid? Might could rally sum moar /b/lackup by starting a thread there too.
  5. anonymous612 Member

The phrase "Orlando Love Machine" scares me.
  6. ravenanon Member

However it attracts me
  7. HouseSpiderV3 Member

RAVE ^_^

ok if rave's going and it's on the 13th I might have to abandon the CW raid this month for Orlando.

OR we could always join CW on the 13th, and then talk them into joining orlando on the 20th?
  8. ravenanon Member

I just confirmed my schedule calls me north that weekend. I would prefer the southern warmth though.

A few from ATL would like to head south soon! Lets plan something for say April?
  9. anonymous612 Member

We should just start taking bets on your protest schedule, seriously. "$5 ON MIAMI" and all that.
  10. zebrafaced Member

Oh, good, it wasn't just me.
  11. Anonymous Member

12. HouseSpiderV3 Member

Do I get a cut?
  13. Anonymous Member

Ohhaaahaha props for that!
  14. Budd Member

Re: ORLANDO, FLORIDA - February 20, 2010

ANON has spoken. Clearwater raid is the 13th, so the Orlando raid is the 20th.

See you there, or be square.
  15. Budd Member

REMINDER for Saturday, February 20... 11:00 to 3:00 across the street from 1830 East Colonial.

Bring your Body Thetans and good shoes!
  16. HouseSpiderV3 Member

17. Budd Member

WHOA! Sorry about your experience.

I have been told twice by Special Operations down at OPD (two years ago when I started, and then last month before the January one-man solo raid) that there was NO Florida law against wearing masks in public. As a Northerner aware of the South's history with the masked KKK and the resulting anti-mask laws in some states, I wanted to make sure that I didn't get a free weekend in the slammer.

Sorry about your experience. Let's hope it was just one hot-headed cop who was having a bad hair day. Thanks for the heads-up, will print this out AND have it with me next Saturday.

FLORIDA STATE CODE 876.12 Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public way. --No person or persons over 16 years of age shall, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, enter upon, or be or appear upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, highway, or other public way in this state.

FLORIDA STATE CODE 876.155 Applicability; ss. 876.12-876.15.--The provisions of ss. 876.12-876.15 apply only if the person was wearing the mask, hood, or other device:

(1) With the intent to deprive any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws or for the purpose of preventing the constituted authorities of this state or any subdivision thereof from, or hindering them in, giving or securing to all persons within this state the equal protection of the laws;

(2) With the intent, by force or threat of force, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person because of the person's exercise of any right secured by federal, state, or local law or to intimidate such person or any other person or any class of persons from exercising any right secured by federal, state, or local law;

(3) With the intent to intimidate, threaten, abuse, or harass any other person; or

(4) While she or he was engaged in conduct that could reasonably lead to the institution of a civil or criminal proceeding against her or him, with the intent of avoiding identification in such a proceeding.

We should BE VERY CAREFUL with our behavior. "Perception is reality." What you INTEND is not necessarily what is received by the Scilons. True, a reasonable person would understand you, your mask, your sign, your intent... but Scilons are not reasonable persons.

DO NOT mess it up for the rest of Anons yet to join our ranks. Be calm, be cool, and THINK about what we are saying and doing, how we are coming across.
  18. Budd Member

24-HOUR NOTICE...

Saturday, February 20 from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.

Be there, or be square!
  19. anonymous612 Member

Good luck, anons. Bring the mask laws.
  20. Budd Member