Customize

ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Resistance Is Futile, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Re: Gold Base Raid This Sunday

There's also been reports that their well water is bad, and I think Maureen Bolstad said she refused to drink it after a time because it made her sick. So it's easy to take to get tested for coliform or whatever, IF you take a sample in a sterile bottle. Otherwise your sample will be tainted. It costs around $60 or so to get it tested.

This assumes, of course, that the sprinklers will be on at one time or another during the protest.
  2. Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

WOW! And a German film crew.
    We all know, how they love to act all stupid when eva cameras come round.

Potential for Footbullets?
    I'll leave that to your imaginations
  3. i'mglib Member

Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

Possible theme song for the event:

4. mrfyde Member

You can get sterile bottles at some drug stores and some baby bottles are also sterilized.

I also found some do it yourself water testing kits that come with sterile bottles.
  5. Ogsonofgroo Member

Gold base thread has some of their water test stuff on it, I believe it is a requirement for them to regularly test (and submit results to RS health board (?))they also pretty much failed from what I've seen; The water seems kinda yucky, but I guess inna drought they could always drink their swimming pool XD
  6. Consensus Member

Good luck dudes.

Something to keep in mind:
    The ordinance is, in my view, unconstitutional and illegal. But the only way to get a court to rule it as such is to be arrested for breaking it.

There's a possibility the cops will insist that you have no right to protest there,and that 884 bans your protest. At that point, you'll face a dilemma: walk away, or face arrest. Consider this choice, and consider it well. Arrest will involved namefagging yourself (I know there are many in socal who already are and wouldn't mind), a protracted legal battle, and the possibility that the courts will uphold 884 and throw the book at you.

But when we keep saying 'ghandhi tech', we don't mean we universally obey authority figures. Ghandhi didn't universally obey authority figures. If a law is unjust, he said you have a moral duty to break it. Remain non-violent. Do not resist the police; if you elect to be arrested, state so clearly and dispassionately, making it clear that you're doing it as a political action and not in defiance of the officers present. Do not get in a heated argument or a violent confrontation with the police, regardless of whether whether you intend to comply or to be arrested.

That all said... I'm hoping the cops decide 884 simply doesn't apply to gold base. And I think they will, as it's the easiest, most hassle-free approach the cops could take.
  7. Anonymous Member

Cool. German anons have been heavily harpooning German TV about the KESQ reports on Gold. But local anons should still try to get US-stations to report too:
    abc7.com: Send Los Angeles News Tips, Pictures | Send Southern California News Tips, Pictures
  8. Optimisticate Member

Rivercide seems to be a place where the easy way out isn't a direction they like to go in.

To OP: If cops have been notified of this protest, was it thru a public post on a website or with a phone call? Has there been a response? Have there been any other responses such as Jeff Stone or lawyers for the cult [strike]prison[/strike] compound?
  9. highoverlord Member

rofl moaral fags trying to interpret laws.... enjoy ur arrest
  10. TinyDancer Member

yeah because tards would interpret laws better. Lol.
  11. xenubarb Member

Boiling a jar and lid will sterilize it. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that yet.
  12. Anon-007 Member

Fix'd.

Protip:

Nazi uniforms do not count ;)
  13. muldrake Member

This isn't true. You could also inform the police you intended to protest in the prohibited area, and get a statement that they would arrest you if you did. Then you could file for a declaratory judgment that the ordinance is unconstitutional on its face and/or as applied to you and for an injunction against its enforcement in this situation.

Actually you could just do nothing and sue on the grounds that the ordinance is unconstitutional on its face, and has therefore prevented you from doing what you were planning on doing, i.e. picketing in the prohibited area. This is virtually impossible to win, though, and I don't think this ordinance is unconstitutional on its face.

In the case where you file for a DJ based on the cops' statements or where you actually get arrested, you can challenge not just the constitutionality of the ordinance as written, but as applied to you specifically, as well as claiming that the language of the ordinance can't be interpreted as prohibiting picketing Gold. The difference is you don't get convicted of a misdemeanor if you lose the DJ action, but you do if you lose via the getting arrested route.

As for my personal preference, I'd rather be the plaintiff in a civil case than the defendant in a criminal case. There's a certain home court advantage to being the party who brings the lawsuit.

But an advantage of the getting arrested route is that if you do have media there, it makes much more dramatic video to get arrested than to say "I'm gonna sue you."

*edit* Another advantage to the risking getting arrested route is that the cops may, faced with a choice of arresting people under the ordinance, choose not to do it. So if you just sue, you also miss a chance of resolving the issue on the street once and for all, without spending any money.
  14. Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

Optimisticate, it is our usual and unwavering practice to contact law enforcement and inform them of our planned arrival and departure times for our peaceful pickets. Typically this is done the day of so those officers actually on duty that day are aware. I read on the sister thread to this one over on ESMB that AO has taken the liberty of notifying the sheriff substation in Hemet of our intentions for Sunday. I'll watch that thread to see if he posts any kind of response he's received and let you know, k?

Speaking for myself and Glibby, it is not our plan to get arrested. We plan to fully cooperate with local law enforcement. Our objective is to see how they will interpret the language of the ordinance and how they will respond to the demands from inside Gold Base. My guess is that both law enforcement and Base authorities will avoid the ordinance altogether and try to go after us with citizen's arrests for trespassing. Frankly, I don't plan to be arrested for trespassing either.

My goal in addition to the above is to gather useful information to be presented before the Riverside County Board of Supervisors to help them understand the problem with their ordinance. I would rather the ordinance simply be repealed in its entirety than to rush it into court. I believe this is the reasonable action to pursue first.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
  15. rummychick99 Member

Is anyone actually planning to target a residence? Twin A has a bona fide reason to do so if no law enforcement officer has spoken IN PERSON with her Twin. Last I heard, they were taking Scientology's word for the location of the sister.
  16. Cyclades Member

Oh I might just have to show up!
  17. christopher Member

Be careful folks out there, and best of luck! Thank you again Mr. Berry, for your efforts in this fight for justice.
  18. Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

Go for it, and Xenuspeed.

Vid related

19. TomVorm Member

Is there a scheduled time for this protest to begin?
  20. Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

I just confirmed with Graham the protest will go from noon till 3ish. At this point about a dozen of us have committed to attend. We are in the process now of personally inviting each of the five supervisors to drop by for a visit – not to participate, but to witness firsthand how their Ordinance is going to be interpreted by local law enforcement and by officials from Scientology outside of their chamber walls.
  21. Anonymous Member

Graham, et al should coordinate more closely with the socal anons who called the raid for 2-5pm.
  22. ScudMuffin Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8"]Play This[/ame]
  23. avbb Member

thumbsup.gif Man I wish I could be there!
  24. TomVorm Member

Are there "staging points" for this protest (that can be revealed here)?
    Is it a good idea to consider alternate transportation, and if so,
    if a local bus or taxi service recommended?
  25. Anon-007 Member

I predict that Bob Buster will attend.......
  26. Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

Truly and honestly just looked up airline prices to see if I could haul ass out there, but predictable result was predictable.

Give 'em hell, guys.

/camp
  27. AnonyMary Member

Wish I could be there. Hope there are lots of videographers this time.
  28. incog712 Member

POOLS CLOSED
    DUE TO
    RAIDS
  29. eddieVroom Member

That would be nice...

I'm sure Graham will be prepped -- and his recent cases have probably had him in direct contact with a number of people in the Riverside County gov't recently.
  30. Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

Werks for me.
  31. Anonymous Member

I think that we should base what time we are there by when the German film crew will be there.
  32. ClingingMars Member

shit beat me to it
  33. Zak McKracken Member

Your local cell (whichever that is) may have staging points for the trek.
    I'm not aware of any "universal" ones aside from the [secret marcab base].

Cells frequently pool together.
  34. Anonymous Member

If you are getting water tested by an agency, you might want to check ahead of time with that agency, to see what type of bottle they will accept.
  35. AnotherMrPink Member

What r chances that with film crew there you will see no Scilons except security at front? I bet they will be turtled inside.

Of course, I'd love for it to come to a head with them forcing 884 on cops, who follow their orders, and its shown 884 was clearly for Scientology and Stone and his house of cards come crumbling down in the aftermath.

But then again, I'm not gonna be there, so stay safe.
  36. Anonymous Member

Heh. Sprinkler Tech water results to be investigasted by EPA.
  37. Zak McKracken Member

Can we get Dan Ackyroyd working on this?
    I believe he's dealt with these guys in the past.

Need to find out if DM is crossing the streams....
  38. AnotherMrPink Member

We need a Cease and desist all commerce order, seizure of premises and chattels, ban on the use of public utilities for non-licensed waste handlers and a Federal Entry and Inspection Order.

CoS has been acting in criminal violation of the Environmental Protection Act and this spirnkler was a direct result.
  39. Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

It is very common for landscape watering to be done with non-potable, post-sewage "gray" water. I'm not sure that test results from sprinkler water will be enough to catch the attention of local or federal health or environmental agencies. You would have to convince them that the water is from the same source residents of Gold use for drinking and washing.

I don't want to discourage testing -- it can't hurt and it might help. At the very least, knowing what's in the water can reassure anons protesting at Gold that they're not being doused with rat poison or polonium 210.
  40. Re: ORDINANCE NO. 884 TO BE PUT TO THE TEST 4/19/09

The testing is a sideline.

The real issue is whether they break the law by sprinklering or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.