Customize

Ordinance 884 on the Agenda This Tuesday!

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Anonymous, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Ordinance 884 on the Agenda This Tuesday!

From AO:

I just head from mnql1 that Ordinance 884 will be back on the docket this coming Tuesday, Sep 1 at the Riverside Board of Sups.

It is crucial that as many people as possible attend and get their 3 minutes to speak.

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Mod edit:
    Moved to the 15th: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/249-goldbase/884-discussed-15th-52244/

There was public comment about 884 though:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOZ-K4I-mU"]YouTube - Scientology: Sept. 1, 2009 Ordinance 884[/ame]
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Ordinance 884 on the Agenda This Tuesday!

I agree that as many people as possible go.

I of course have work. I hope I don't have to turn in my anon badge because of it.
  3. Anonymous Member

So as I understand it, if it fails Anon wins. If it is passed CoS loses, due to pissing off an entire town.
  4. Re: Ordinance 884 on the Agenda This Tuesday!

SoCal Anons, represent!

I await your platter of delicious win.
  5. Anonymous Member

If AO wants any respect or has one small shred of common sense, then he won't speak at the microphone. Whatever anyone has to say about him good or bad.. even his supporters must realize how cringeworthy it is when he is at the podium.

Look, if only one other person shows up, then AO should speak, but if there are other people there he should let others say what he wants to say. It's not about suppressing his speech blah blah.. just how horribly he has come off everytime at the podium.

AO, at least write it down and let someone else edit it and then ONLY read from that speech, and maybe only speak about things you have actually seen with your own eyes instead of sasquatch or aliens or SP hall or little jew elves conspiring with AGs and lawyers.
  6. Re: Ordinance 884 on the Agenda This Tuesday!

Assuming that there have been no citations issued for violation of 884, then this 6-month status check is merely a formality. There's no evidence to show whether the ordinance is easy or difficult to enforce.

Regardless, Anons and local citizens should give the board an earful. It should be pretty easy to stay on topic yet still mention all the abuses that occur at Gold.

Also, it'll be interesting to see if Fraser or Alhadeff make an appearance.
  7. determu Member

8. Optimisticate Member

This will be the first supervisors meeting after a 5 week hiatus (Riverside County supervisors taking five-week break, longest in decade). Please to be welcoming them back in style! They're planning on this being a long, busy session apparently. Saving money is a priority to them. Maybe they can be shown what a waste of money it is in the long run when they cater to a dangerous cult? Hate-Hate-Four prevents free speech in Riverside, Jeff Stone must not like what our founders wrote over two centuries ago.

Calanons have my cross country support and good mojo is sent your way.

Do you get bonus points if you wear a t-shirt supporting Stone's opponent in the senate race?
  9. mnql1 Member

From the Press Enterprise, Aug. 30, 2009:

Union pact, budget lead Riverside County supervisors' agenda

10. AnonyMary Member

Good luck on this. Don't forget to mention the underground tunnel pass the cult has,. Did they ever get a permit and authorization for that and such.
  11. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

You're dealing with someone who prefaces all his statements with I..I...I.. and me.. me.. me... and it always chasing the nearest spotlight. In his deluded mind, AO sees addressing the Riverside Board as one more step towards celebritydom.

Waste of time trying to rationalize with someone like this.
  12. Old Shadow Member

FUCKING THIS ^^^^

AO, no offense, you do get stuff done sometimes, but most of the time you are an embarrassment to the cause (and I should know, we can smell our own). The Riverside Supervisors Meetings are one of the key examples of your facepalm-inducing antics.

So please, for the love of god, keep your fucking mouth shut at this one and let other, more qualified people speak.
  13. Sam Urai Member

A few things. One of the reasons that AO sent this out (though he didn't actually ask for it to be specifically posted to WWP) is because he wants people to go. He has opined to me several times (and I think he's right on this, btw) that it's easy for people to complain about what he says, but how many of those people have made the trek to Riverside County themselves? Specifically, you have all kinds of great advice for what he should do, but I'd bet even money you aren't going.

The last time he was up, he played video from the SP Times story. The Supervisors seemed unusually attentive to it; I suspect most of them had dismissed the claims against Miscavige and seeing the video leant quite a bit of credence to our side. My hope is that he play more of the video, which they mentioned being open to; not because it's more effective that anything else he
    might say, but more effective than just about anything anyone can.

I don't believe there have been any citations issued for violations of 884; the Board is faced with the uneforcability of it. The evidence is pretty much overwhelming that the ordinance is pretty much impossible to enforce without unduly censoring free speech.

Perhaps more important, the commitment of Alhadeff to allowing protestors to picket the front gates of Gold should be mentioned; it's a commitment the Church immediately ignored when they abused citizen's arrests to have Mark Bunker and Mark Lowell cited for walking back and forth in front of the driveway to slowly.

The Board's prior commitment to investigating whether 884 is affecting protestor's ability to picket at Gold; the fact that the Church has attempted to manipulate the situation to have people arrested and totally lied about their willingness to allow pickets at the gates of Gold.

Also, for lulz, it's worth bringing up that Jeff Stone is still lying about the Anonymous packet he received from the Church and how many copies of it he has.
    Super bonus points would be awarded if you can get him to commit political Hari-Kari and proclaim his support for the Gilman Springs road closure requested by the Church. You may point out to him that their campaign contributions should have gone a long way towards garnering his support on this issue.
  14. determu Member

Should i wear a mask?

Could i wear a mask?
  15. Sponge Member

At the Rivercide Supes meeting? Nope, to both questions.
  16. Anonymous Member

No.

Theoretically, yes, someone did before, though it was just a Zorro like mask. It looked moronic.

If you're worried about getting namefagged, I would get a fake beard and give a fake name. You can also say that you're not associated with Anonymous, which the Scilons seem to give slack for.
  17. determu Member

anyone else going with me?

or is it just me and my ego?
  18. Anonymous Member

How many citizen’s arrests of been made due to this ordinance? If a lot have been made then someone could make this argument:

The alleged purpose of the ordinance is to protect residents by limiting up close confrontations with protestors. However, the exact opposite has been the result; it has encouraged ordinary, untrained residents such as Mrs. Frasier to confront protestors up close and personally to make citizens arrests. Would Mr. Stone continue to publicly back an ordinance that has proven to lead his residents to openly confront the same people that he went to such great pains to depict as dangerous?
  19. Anonymous Member

None, technically. Mark Lowell and Mark Bunker both had citizen's arrests which did not result in further prosecution, but those arrests were based on them allegedly blocking the driveway.

It should be pointed out that COS is acting in bad faith, and that their real intention is to put an end to protesting at Gold, pure and simple.

Someone with oratorical skills (much greater than my own) could make a compelling case and talk about Keith Hensen, AO's arrest, the subsequent citizen's arrests of Bunker and Lowell, the Scilon's intention to shut down the highway, the letter writing campaign to the Board, the attempt to buy off the politicians thereof and the massive campaign to shut down and discredit any inquiry into the human rights abuses at Gold along with their constant need to keep staff at Int. from "blowing." If someone could weave that narrative thread together with the conclusion that the Church is just trying to shut down speech they disagree with, all in under three minutes (or maybe someone could give them their three minutes for a total of six), I predict that it would be a thing of great beauty indeed.
  20. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

No but you can enter a false name. No ID required.
  21. ARC Member

We do and we have, several times, as far as public speaking goes, as well as speaking to officials and reporters. AO does best when reading from a script or playing a video.

I do like AO's document digging though.

All that said AO isn't on this site, so if you want to talk to him go over to ESMB and in this thread let's focus on the meeting at hand rather than past failures.
  22. Anonymous Member

Just an idea for anyone speaking but short on what to say.. but possibly pointing out the cult's misuse of law enforcement in other cities may be useful to underscore the need for clearly defined statutes. This has sorta been done, but highlighting it couldn't hurt.

Other instances of false arrest, while they didn't occur in Riverside, do establish or at least suggest a pattern when it comes to protesting the CoS. I'm referring to Mark Bunker's Chicago incident, 44's citation, and Ace's arrest. Greg H. also comes to mind. These past actions have led to wasted tax payer dollars in the time of the district attorneys and police officers, not to mention physical harm, and harm to reputation of protesters who committed no other wrong than expressing their feelings about a notoriously litigious "church" on public property.

There's the intimidation factor that may be worthy of note too. Threats of (false) arrest, and intimidation delivered through CoS security or their agents have resulted in protesters being unable or unwilling enjoy the freedoms granted us by the Constitution. In the cases of 44 and Ace, not only were /they/ arrested, but those arrests stopped and/or restricted others from protesting on public property, which was well within their rights. It would be impossible to tally the numbers of those who /would/ pick up a sign and exercise their rights, but find their faith in the justice system to protect those rights compromised due to past instances where that system has failed. That doesn't just affect one particular group of protesters, it effects all of us.

A little dramatic, but this is theater, amirite? Bonus: It is a legit excuse to bring up relevant past instances of faggotry from the CoS.
  23. determu Member

well enough circle Jerk about AO, as i prepare to talk and perhaps being namefagged

As a collective seeing as we have no leadership and no "representatives"

add your two cents on WHAT SHOULD BE SAID

and I'll say it on your behalf
  24. Anonymous Member

Have either Lirra or Julie confirmed they are attending?

pacora????
  25. Vir Member

I would skip bringing up the tunnels except to show that they don't need the road closure.

I seriously doubt that the tunnels are going to cave in, or were illegally built.

If you had dox showing otherwise, that would warrant its own afenda issue.
  26. determu Member

of my time left i got 45 seconds anyone care to add anything else?
  27. Anonymous Member

Nah, use that for slack. You might get interrupted by the supes also.
  28. determu Member

well i hacked it down to this

Good morning
    Members of the riverside board of supervisors
    I present myself to you as Anonymous I am here to discuss the report on measure 884.
    We of Anonymous have many questions to ask but so little time, we ask you Mr. Stone “on introduction of the ordinance and I quote “I wish I had the uh pamphlet that was given to me by this uh, I believe it was a white superiority group that has had problems with this one religious group” Mr. Stone as I stand here before you today do you still believe this?

*P.S. I'm Mexican*
  29. Anonymous Member

^^^ this.

If you somehow do end up with leftover time, my sincere advice:
    sit down and shut up.
  30. Anonymous Member

“I wish I had the uh pamphlet that was given to me by this uh, I believe it was a white superiority group that has had problems with this one religious group”

There certainly is racism in Scientology, but I wouldn't exactly call Scientology a "white superiority" group, more like a general anti-human and anti-psychiatry hate group.
  31. Re: Ordinance 884 on the Agenda This Tuesday!

If you live in Riverside the city, let 'em know how proud you are to be represented by the one board member who voted against 884.
  32. determu Member

... they WERE TALKING ABOUT US!

Good morning
    I present myself to you as Anonymous I am here to discuss the report on measure 884.
    We of Anonymous have many questions to ask but so little time, we ask you Mr. Stone “on introduction of the ordinance and I quote “I wish I had the uh pamphlet that was given to me by this uh, I believe it was a white superiority group that has had problems with this one religious group” Mr. Stone as I stand here before you today do you still believe this?
  33. determu Member

here is what i have so far any suggestions?

Good morning

Mr. Stone on introduction of the ordinance and I quote “I wish I had the uh pamphlet that was given to me by this uh, I believe it was a white superiority group that has had problems with this one religious group” this clearly demonstrates You have limited information about the humans right protests that has come directly from the organization that we have been protesting for more than a year and half.

The protesters outside of Gold Base in Hemet have not created any disturbances, and in fact the Scientologists whom we are picketing against are consistently the persons responsible for any involvement of law enforcement through incitement.
    With very few exceptions, almost two years of protests have been held without incident. All of these protests have been peaceful and lawful. Furthermore existing law provides adequate protection to both residents at gold base, as well as protesters. Finally, this ordinance will have a chilling effect upon the rights of individuals to assemble and protest at gold. Thus we urge you to repeal this ordinance due to a lack of evidence from the church of Scientology and that laws are already in place to protect them.
  34. Anonymous Member

Sorry, but this is not clear at all. What are you trying to say?
  35. determu Member

Mr. Stone on introduction of the ordinance and I quote “I wish I had the uh pamphlet that was given to me by this uh, I believe it was a white superiority group that has had problems with this one religious group” this clearly demonstrates You have limited information about the group known as Anonymous and were misinformed by the church as to our goals and our members.

better?

Sorry that did sound Really wonky

or i could go with

Luca Brasi: Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter... 's wedding... on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty
  36. Re: Ordinance 884 on the Agenda This Tuesday!

slowpoke.gif

884 passed 6 months ago and is currently in effect.

You can ask them to consider repealing 884, as Lirra and Julie have been doing at many board meetings since its passage.
  37. rummychick99 Member

My suggestion...three people play segments of the st petersburg time video. Hold up the paper as the video is playing..remember that Stone is going to cut you off at three minutes.

And the end...when will someone on this board do something about the abuses going on right in your own backyard...

Edit..do you get 6 minutes since this is an item on the agenda????

There are other videos up at the site.

If you get 6 minutes...some of you could play the other videos..unfortunately, I think you have to get them approved a day ahead of time.
    http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/index.shtml
  38. determu Member

... odd

really odd,
    anyone like, dislike or hate what i wrote as a speech?
  39. Smurf Member

It's OK. But, rather than give a speech, just tell the Board what's on your mind. If you focus on giving a speech, albeit a small one, you tend to lose focus and before you know it, your time will be up. And Jeff Stone wastes no time in letting his critics know their time is up. If you push it, he calls for the deputy to come over to shoo you away from the podium.

3 minutes goes by very fast and the little lights on the podium flashing green & red are very intimidating.

Sorry, I have to miss it. But, I will be in Anatomy class learning how to slice open & dismember a fetid pig.
  40. Sam Urai Member

I think it's good, by and large. I would take out the part where you identify yourself as Anonymous, it's not really necessary and would probably alienate the Board, who hates Anonymous. On the other hand, if you're reasonably presentable, it might help to distance Anonymous from the image of KKK-like anti-religious zealots that Stone and the Church have tried to propound.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.