Customize

OpInnocence Off Topic Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cymbeline, Jul 12, 2013.

1. EveStropping Member

I think my neighbour listens is because every time I pour a G&T he knocks on my door.:(
  2. FloGold Moderator

LOL :D
  3. EveStropping Member

It's not as if I drink it for fun either, it's medicinal. The gin dulls the pain of my broken leg and the tonic is very good for malaria. Not that I have that, yet.
  4. FloGold Moderator

Thats it then!
    If malaria = gin and tonic then malaria all around for everyone!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. White Tara Global Moderator

Thanx yur shout!
  6. EveStropping Member

Ice and lime?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. EveStropping Member

Moar drink enyone?
  8. FloGold Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. White Tara Global Moderator

Happy with the brand choice there^ mmmmm
  10. Silent333Eyes Member

Yum Stoli :). There is a recipe that you can make with this and raspberries,takes a while though. It's a creeper. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FloGold Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

Ingredients:

Preparation:

1. Pour a shot of whiskey in a shot glass.
    2. Fill a pint glass with beer.
    3. Drop the shot glass into the beer and down everything in one drink.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

Beer before liquor...
    Never been sicker!
  14. EveStropping Member

Will someone explain the use of the instrument with the black rubber bit at the end. On reflection no, my imagina ...... excuse me while I go bathe in a vat of gin
  15. FloGold Moderator

its a turkey baster i guess to easily pour the liquid jello into the little cups maybe?
  16. FloGold Moderator

hornetvats.jpg
  17. EveStropping Member

that explanation will do fine , for a moment I thought it was left there by accident !
  18. FloGold Moderator

OMG>>>>

dont even go there Cymbeline.
    O_O
  19. EveStropping Member

Ok stealing my vat of gin is out of order, you only had to ask for one . I keep several dozen in the garage for emergencies
    • Like Like x 2
  20. FloGold Moderator

nah.. you can haz the gin vat.
    i got my eye on the beer vat right next to it.
  21. FloGold Moderator

what about beer and liquor at the same time?
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

^^ I'm Western
  24. EveStropping Member

I'm drunk . if anyone needs their prescription refilled there's plenty of everything in the garage, while you're there attach that hose to the gin vat and give me the other end .I'll use it like an IV then I won't have to keep hopping back for a refill. ta muchly
  25. FloGold Moderator

cheers1-300x225.jpg
  26. EveStropping Member

'scuse me while I re stock and put the dirty glasses in the dish wetter.
  27. Anonymous Member

That's from Monday. Step away from the gin.
  28. EveStropping Member

Standards must be maintained you know. It's always 5 o'clock somewhere in the world so anytime is a good time for gin. :rolleyes:
  29. Meta Member

A view from Anon's move into No Rape Op -Nothings really strong, but it's worth having it in mind- Source

The New Vigilantes

Oct 19, 2013 6:30 PM EDT
    How did Anonymous go from a group devoted to goofs like the rickroll to self-appointed victim's advocates in Maryville and Steubenville?
    • [IMG]
    After helping, and botching the Steubenville rape case—drawing attention and outing villains, though not always the right ones—Anonymous is at it again, slaying demons in Maryville.
    1382223608401.cached.jpg
    A protester wearing a Guy Fawkes mask takes part in an anti-G8 demonstration ahead of the summit, at Belfast City Centre June 15, 2013. (Cathal McNaughton/Reuters)
    How did Anonymous, which was once devoted to absurdist goofs like the rickroll and which defined itself in opposition to the presumed hypocrisy and tediousness of prevailing social strictures, become a self-appointed victim’s advocacy group?
    The collective known as Anonymous was born in the witty, inventive, bilious and gleefully misogynistic message boards of the website 4chan. It grew out of one sub-scene in particular, the anything goes /b/ board, a place where rape didn’t denote a crime but a commonplace suffix; a shorthand, alongside “nigger” and “fag” for the chan culture’s hostility to the idea that anything could be offensive or go too far. Celebrated rituals on the site involved bullying and stalking teenage girls and tricking minors into taking naked photos of themselves, which would then be posted and passed around online.
    But spurred in part by an early fight against Scientology and in part by the reporting on it and a feedback loop with the media, Anonymous has evolved in recent years into a self-styled activist group aligned with WikiLeaks, the Arab Spring and most recently, rape victims.
    In its early form, Anonymous’ activism was just another form of irreverence. The fight it waged against Scientology in 2008 was serious, but only because it became personal when the organization began censoring content on the Internet and threatening to sue its critics. In response, the current version of Anonymous formed and began a campaign that included cyber attacks, publishing internal documents, and, in one case, a naked man smeared in Vaseline and pubic hair rubbing himself on various surfaces in a Scientology facility.
    Explaining Anonymous’ transformation from whistling arsonists to online vigilantes is difficult and the group is hard to pin down by design. Its members lie to reporters and others trying to understand their motivations, and endlessly dissemble and mythologize in their own broadcasts—and while their actions transmit in the aggregate, they only exist by the deeds of unknown individuals who may be key players today and gone tomorrow.
    The recognition of how much power they actually possessed may have been a catalyst for Anonymous’ evolution. The early 4chan culture, with its viciousness, inscrutable language and endless inside goofs like lolcats, was the expression not of revolutionary sensibilities but of a culture that considered itself more clever than the herd and yet still marginal. But as 4chan became aware of itself as the Internet's laboratory, incubating countless memes that were spread or developed on other sites, eventually reaching billions, it became conscious of just how much clout it actually had—the ability to help shape and define Internet culture and set the agenda for what issues were considered important in the broader world.
    Since that moment of awareness, Anonymous has been moving, in its public form, continuously further from its bad old days. Today, the group is fast becoming a fixture of the mainstream anti-establishment culture, taking up earnest causes and speaking in the same sort of strident tones its older self would have torn to shreds. That may represent growth but it has come without any sort of reckoning.
    In writing over its past, and behaving as if only the newest message on the board represents the speaker, Anonymous has been able to retain its old tactics but, by applying them to worthy causes, assumed a newfound legitimacy. The same brash arrogance and impetuousness applied to criminal cases rather than flame wars has had real consequences. In Steubenville, the first case of a small-town rape cover-up that Anonymous became active in, the group's efforts to spread news of the crimes and pressure the local authorities to take action were accompanied by the release of nude photos of an innocent woman not involved in the crime. Anonymous’ approach in the case, unencumbered by legal restraints, was to shame anyone they believed was an accomplice to the rape, whether or not that person had committed a crime himself.
    Today, the group is fast becoming a fixture of the mainstream anti-establishment culture, taking up earnest causes and speaking in the same sort of strident tones its older self would have torn to shreds.
    Deric Lostutter, the figurehead for Anonymous’ Steubenville campaign—whose house was raided by the FBI though he was never charged—described the group to me as “the idea of an idea.” That idea has clearly evolved and in its current version is partly responsible for bringing the national attention that recently got an alleged teenage rape victim’s case reopened in Maryville, Missouri—a point that the teen herself makes in an essay she published Friday, which thanks the online group.