Customize

Opinions on future WWP features

Discussion in 'Site News and Announcements' started by sue, May 6, 2013.

?

I'd like to see the following be made into a thing:

Better Ratings and Frontpage 25 vote(s) 46.3%
Hosted Communities 9 vote(s) 16.7%
Improved Data Retention Tools and Clean up. 12 vote(s) 22.2%
Better Donation System, Take My Money 6 vote(s) 11.1%
Wiki Like System For Collaborative and Long Term Documentation 20 vote(s) 37.0%
Event Planner 10 vote(s) 18.5%
Something Else: I'll reply to the thread. 10 vote(s) 18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Wrong Guy Member

Right-clicking and opening in a new tab works for me. Thanks for the tip!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Kilia Member

Me too!!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Kilia Member

Ok..got it now.
    sue...can this be fixed to go back to normal edit?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. anonamus Member

Ditto. I think it began to behave that way as of today?
  5. Kilia Member

With me, it started yesterday. The board was slow like when it's being modified. So I suspected sue was doing something in the background.
  6. Anonymous Member

I've had the issue for a little over a week or so.

Thanks to everyone for the Mouse Button tips!
    • Like Like x 2
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Another recent glitch is that now when I post a link that begins with either http://www. or www. and then check it after posting, I get this:

Firefox can't find the server at "http.
  8. Anonymous Member

I've been editing a number of your posts over the last two weeks to fix broken links like that. This is the same " problem. Only thing I can recommend is to take care to remove any extraneous " things that get added. Since I'm making my edits in Firefox I think that can be ruled out as the cause. Different text editors can have different issues when copy&pasting into the reply box. You'll just have take care and check the preview until this " issue is sorted, which doesn't look anytime soon since its cause has still to be determined.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. HOC Member

I can't seem to recreate these errors at the moment, I'll have a further look.
  10. Anonymous Member

Can we get a drive thru window? It would make it much faster to get a burrito.
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

This problem has disappeared.
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

This still happens.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Kilia Member

Yes, please fix, sue??
  14. Anonymous Member

I would support correcting the spelling of deprecated on the style chooser page.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. HOC Member

Have users found this to happen on the classic theme only? Or has anyone encountered it on the metro theme?

An unfortunate and far too common occurrence with developers for any forum software, is finding a steadfast and consistent one, that doesn't try to sell their theme and then just vanish not long afterwards. The themes we have/had in place were the most solid we came across at the time. But unfortunately with subsequent Xenforo software upgrades, the resulting old themes can encounter problems. For quite a while, the classical theme has been unsupported and we were waiting for it to break. This could be the issue here. I don't know about Sue, but if this is indeed the case, I can look into subsequent themes to give users the needed variety. Again, this is speculation for now, until I get more feedback from users.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

The Agree / Disagree buttons I still think were good.
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

I had been using the old Classic setting, and have just switched to WWP-Light. Now I'll try to edit this post.
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Even in the new setting, I still get a blank Edit window.

I use Apple computers and my browser is Firefox 23.0.1.
  19. Incredulicide Member

Testing something..
    Okay, tested in Firefox's safe mode, in a fresh profile, and in the latest nightly build. Same result, the inline "Edit" box that appears shows the text initially then it's replaced by an iframe with src="javascript:""" which is essentially blank.
    So whatever funky javascript is being used here isn't playing nice with the Firefox javascript engine, on any OS.

A comment at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=906457 points to http://xenforo.com/community/threads/be-wary-of-firefox-23-0-xenforo-1-1-x.57692/ which has a post saying "It's not an issue in XF 1.2" so it looks like the XenForo software running our forum will need to be upgraded to the upcoming version 1.2 to resolve the issue.
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

[IMG]

Here's what I see with the style set to WWP - Light.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. wolfbane Member

^^This happens in classic too. The "More Options" button is your friend (until it's fix'd)
    • Like Like x 2
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

The problem went away for awhile (or maybe someone edited people's posts to correct them), but I just noticed it's happening again. Here's an example post, with two links at the bottom that won't work:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...stic-surveillance.111435/page-39#post-2349742
  23. veravendetter Member

Surveillance zone. Camera presence vs antisocial behaviour stats. Juxtaposed against the laws of filming in your vicinity. This could be just a thread, sorry.
  24. Kilia Member

25. anonamus Member

Any time frame for fixing the "edit post" bug?
    Oh, and many thanks for a great professional site.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Hello Sue,
    I was wondering if you might consider having the forum take a vote as to whether we as a community wish to have an Iranian sub-forum in here, or if whatever past events have run their course and it is no longer timely or relevant for that to be promoted as a supported cause by Anonymous.
    Thank you.
    love,
    yourgay
    yourgay
    This message by yourgay has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  27. Anonymous Member

I'm guess this will be resolved when the XF 1.2 update comes (been lead to believe the issue isn't present in that version).
    • Like Like x 2
  28. No. There is no reason to move any of those posts of the dome.
    There was no inappropriate content.
    This is a free speech forum.
    Don't like it. fuck off.
    All those posts should be up and center so that anyone can peruse it without becoming a member of your little dick sucking club.
    yourgay
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  29. Sue, Iraniam doxed me in the forum
    This is grounds for a ban per forum rules.
    Also, if anyone comes anywhere my address, I am expecting presents.
    I love red roses.
    yourgay
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  30. Anonymous Member

Free speech =/= saying whatever you want with absolutely no consequence.

Your posts have proven time and time again to fall into one (or all) of the following categories:
    • Disruptive
    • Off Topic
    • Inappropriate
    • Blazingly Obvious Trolling/Flaming
    • Of No Real Value To The Topic At Hand
    There are rules to this forum and you have shown no regard to them because you are too much of a pussy squirt to register and hide behind a guest account. Now you are butthutt because your post had corrective action done to it. Tough shit. You reap what you sow.

Screaming "Censorship" only proves your definition of Censorship vastly varies to the real definition of the word. Also: Nobody gives a fuck about you.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. nope. you are wrong.
    i know because i helped construct the rules of this very forum.
    yourgay
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  32. yourgay
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  33. Also,
    Sue, I think that the "like / dislike" function is being abused.
    Disambiguation and Iraniam downvote all my posts so that they are invisible.
    I was not aware that they were in charge of controlling what is unlimited forum space.
    thanks.
  34. okay yourgay.
    tell me why it is okay for this forum to host pictures of terrorism and violence, and it is not domed or censored, No, why they have a million page thread and it just goes on and on.

I find that way more offensive. Well, what I find more offensive, actually, is hearing people make apologies for senseless, ignorant violence, without any compass of what it means to be human and beyond petty politics.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  35. SUE, in the event that Disambiguation censors posts in the "yourgay" thread, I wrote you a note there that I hope you will have a look at when you get a chance.
    thank you.
  36. You have fucked up Disambiguation / Iraniam.
    Say goodbye to your keys to the forum.....

Time is on my side, always.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1