Customize

Operation Syrianon

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

A lot will depend on how the upcoming elections play out in Egypt and Yemen.
    • Will they happen or be endlessly postponed?
    • Will they be relatively honest elections? (Feel free to ask for international observer support. We'd much rather send observers than F-18s.)
    • Will the military step back from power, do their duty, and keep their hands off afterward?
    • Will moderate secular parties arise to fill in the void between the corrupt ruling party and more religious groups like the Brotherhood? (Those revolutions were triggered through the new media, not from the old parties. That media can also be used to organize the new politics.)
    I think that Israel should be open to new opportunities with its neighbors. Granted that autocrats are predictable, you can cut private deals with them, they'll never have to face non-confidence motions in parliament, and it's useful to be able to despise them. On the other hand, in a working democracy, it's harder to shift to extremism or secretly fund terrorist groups.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. حمید Member

Well this is the base for all the problems in the world. in fact what you are unconsciously saying is that all depends on lobbying regardless of the principles the lobbied party stands for and consequently lets you to elect one to decide, based on the principles and not the propagative power of lobbying. In that manner, if your assumptions are correct, peace would not need to suffer, if it is the wish of you as the one named and others not named being anonymous.
  3. Anonymous Member

Is it just me?
  4. حمید Member

Yes, If you even fail to get it this way.

5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

Sorry but it's getting lost in translation, try and keep it simple as your English isn't great
  7. حمید Member

I am quite disappointed to find out that this appears not to be a promising activity for you. Do not bother! I do!
    • Like Like x 2
  8. lulzgasm Member

9. Anonymous Member

bozuri of course the syrian regime doesnt gaf about palestinians, and thats just one more expression of how much they love the israeli gov and how much the israeli gov loves them. but if u really think that the syrian opposition doesnt want real democracy then u just dont know syria at all, which is incredibly sad.. i respect your views but maybe maybe u should consider try getting closer to the people ur talking about, i know our regimes have made that impossible, so at least accept the fact that you dont know us well to extend ur pessimism to include our brains and hopes and wants. love
  10. Anonymous Member

11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

And here is the smoking gun about how Syrian "peaceful protesters" got to the border fence on 15 May 2011:

This is a translation of a Syrian document, as published by the British Telegraph: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/m...rchestrated-nakba-day-raids-on-golan-heights/
    Assad did not fool anyone:

After an urgent meeting convened by the security committee on Saturday in the presence of the Mayor of al-Qunaitera, Major General Asef Shawkat -Deputy Chief of Staff for the Armed Forces-, and chiefs of security and military (intelligence) branches in the province, the following was decided:
    All security, military, and contingent units in the province, Ain-el-Tina and the old al-Qunaitera are hereby ordered to grant permission of passage to all twenty vehicles (47 passenger capacity) with the attached plate numbers that are scheduled to arrive at ten in the morning on Sunday May 15, 2011 without being questioned or stopped until it reaches or frontier defense locations.
    Permission is hereby granted allowing approaching crowds to cross the cease fire line (with Israel) towards the occupied Majdal-Shamms, and to further allow them to engage physically with each other in front of United Nations agents and offices. Furthermore, there is no objection if a few shots are fired in the air.
    Captain Samer Shahin from the military intelligence division is hereby appointed to the leadership of the group assigned to break-in and infiltrate deep into the occupied Syrian Golan Heights with a specified pathway to avoid land mines.
    It is essential to ensure that no one carries military identification or a weapon as they enter with a strict emphasis on the peaceful and spontaneous nature of the protest.
    The provincial security committee meeting is considered in constant deliberation in coordination with the Center.
    May you be the source of prosperity for the nation and the party
    (signature)
    Dr. Khalil Mash-hadiya
    Mayor of Al-Qunaitera

securedownload.gif
  13. Anonymous Member

bozuri ffs everyone knows they used the palesinian young protesters as scapegoats... but back to the main point, please dont expand your pessimisn to include me and everyone i know saying we do not want democracy with our revolution... seriously you just cannot say that about a whole people that you dont know... go get pessimistic on ur own revolution :p
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

Hey, have a look at this very interesting article
    http://www.nysun.com/foreign/son-of-syrias-ex-president-appeals-directly/87390/

I'd a good development for the people of Syria.
    UNITED NATIONS — The son of a former president of Syria, in a startling but so-far-unreported demarche here, is appealing directly to the Kremlin in the hopes of clearing the way for the Security Council here to condemn the atrocities being committed in his homeland.
    Samir Shishakli, who is himself a former high ranking official of the United Nations and is the son of Adib Shishakli, has written to the only person he knows who might help: Russia’s foreign minister, Sergey Lavrov.
    Russia leads a group of Security Council members that opposes any action on Syria. France and Britain hope to get the council to condemn Mr. Assad’s repression of anti-regime protesters. America is yet to join in earnest the European pressure on the council.
    Diplomats here say that President Obama is yet to determine his Syria policy and that some in his administration fear that a fractured Security Council vote, with a possible Cold War-like Russian-Chinese veto, would break the façade of unity among members of the so-called “international community.”
    Enter Mr. Shihsakli. His late father, Adib, seized the Syrian presidency in 1953. After he was unseated a year later in a military coup, Shishakli pere fled to Brazil, where he was killed in 1964 by assassins from the same circles that now hold power in Damascus.
    “I’m not a vindictive man,” his son, who now resides at New York after retiring from a position that made him what he describes as the “most senior Syrian staff member” at Turtle Bay, tells The New York Sun. His letter to Mr. Lavrtov, urging him to abstain in a council vote on Syria, has more to do with current atrocities in his homeland than with past grievances, Mr. Shishakli says.
    In one of his past postings, Mr. Shishakli headed the U.N. information service at Moscow, where he often met with Mr. Lavrov, a long-time Russian envoy to the world body. “I had at least ten breakfasts” with Mr. Lavrov at that time, Mr. Shshakli told the Sun yesterday, adding that “I can’t say that I can call him now for a cup of coffee.”
    In his letter, Mr. Shishakli calls on Mr. Lavrov to break from Mr. Assad Moscow’s support, which harkens back to the Soviet days. He applauds Mr. Lavrov’s “pro-Palestinian work” in the past, calling him “a national hero of the Arabs.” But with an estimated 1,400 protesters killed by Mr. Assad, Mr. Shishakli now appeals to Mr. Lavrov to allow the council to pass the European-led initiative.
    “What are you waiting for?” he writes, “A Rwanda-style massacre? A recurrence of Hama-82?” The latter is a reference to the massacre perpetrated at Hama, Syria, by President Hafez Al-Assad, the father of the current president, Bashir Al-Assad.
    Last week France, Britain, Portugal, and Germany circulated a proposed resolution among the 15 council members, calling on the regime of Mr. Assad to end the violence and to assure the rights of protesters. But the a group of emerging world-leading countries known as BRIC— Brazil, Russia, India and China — joined by South Africa and Lebanon, opposes any council intervention, claiming it would only have a negative effect.
    The European countries are attempting — so far unsuccessfully — to coax South Africa and Brazil to join the proposed resolution’s current nine supporters. Over the weekend the envoy here of the Quai D’Orsay, Ambassador Araud, gave interviews to the Brazilian press, hoping to garner public pressure on the government in Brasilia.
    European diplomats believe that with 11 supporters, Russia and China would shy away from casting a Cold War-style veto. “If we were able to achieve 11 votes, we would put this draft resolution to a vote and everyone would have to assume their responsibilities,” Foreign Minister Juppe said yesterday, adding, “We’d then see if China and Russia would go so far as to veto the resolution.”
    Like Washington, Moscow would rather avoid a split at the Security Council. But it also has many interests in preserving Mr. Assad’s regime, including its naval presence in the strategic eastern Mediterranean port of Latakia.
    Mr. Shishakli writes to Mr. Lavrov that his appeal is not only for humanitarian reasons, but also “out of pragmatism.” Mr. Assad’s regime “will fall, and sooner than later,” he writes, “But the Syrian blood, shed today with Russian acquiescence will NOT be recovered.” And that, he adds, “will not be forgotten.”
  15. Anonymous Member

Here is the text of the letter:

Following is the text of Mr. Shishakli’s letter:
    Open Letter to Russian Foreign Minister from a Syrian friend*
    NYC, 12 June 2011
    Dear and Highly Esteemed Sergey Viktorovich,
    You and I had worked together in the past for the successful outcome of visits by UN Secretaries-General (both Boutros Ghali and Kofi Annan) to Moscow–you in your capacity as Russian Permanent Representative to the UN and I as Director of the UN Information Center, representing the Organization in Moscow. And I, along with many Syrians, have applauded your pro-Palestinian work at the Security Council and later as Foreign Minister. I remember telling you, half seriously, following one of your blazing statements at the Council that “you are now a national hero of the Arabs.”
    I can hardly say the same now. For the news today, again, is that on Saturday (11 June), your representatives have “boycotted” a Security Council consultation on Syria. I painfully watch as, every time you open your mouth, the Syrian regime feels more emboldened. Every time you say something about Syria more Syrians are killed and tortured. Why?
    In the eighties, I mentioned the massacre in Hama, my home-town, to the late Ambassador Oleg Troyanovsky, the then Soviet Permanent Representative to the UN. He opined at the time that the situation was undoubtedly exaggerated– for it was “unthinkable” that such things would happen in the last quarter of the twentieth century! Was it convenient ignorance or perhaps simple Soviet pragmatism?
    We now know better. And the Russian people and you know better.
    We know that in Hama, in 1982, some 40,000 Syrians were slaughtered by the regime of President Assad, the father. We know that he had active Soviet support in his suppression of the Syrian people.
    That was in the Soviet past. But today, the Russian people, and you, could not have missed the horrifying pictures of Hamza, the 13 year old boy tortured to death by the regime. You could not have missed the chants, “freedom, freedom”, of the heroic bare-breasted Syrians braving regime tanks in Dara’a, Banyas, Duma, Homs, Hama, Tal-kalakh and elsewhere in Syria. They are only demanding basic human dignity in their own country. So what are you waiting for? A Rwanda-style massacre? A recurrence of Hama-82? Well, the “unthinkable” may be happening again: We’re already witnessing mass graves in Dara’a and helicopter gunships (probably Russian-made) raiding peaceful demonstrators in Ma’ara. The 1,400 death toll figure circulating today can not be but the tip of an emerging iceberg. That is why the regime reviles international media coverage and blocks UN investigators. That is why President Assad, the son, can not even take calls from the UN Secretary-General. All that while the Russians are effectively foiling a Security Council minimal resolution that does not call to attention but the gravity of the situation. Neither the Council, nor the Syrian People, would call for intervention. The resolution’s basic demand is only to stop the killing. The possibility of a Libyan-style intervention, which seems to be a Russian preoccupation, is not even implied.
    I appeal to you, Mr. Lavrov, to tear down that cold-war wall, re-erected in the Security Council. The Syrian people are not asking you to aide them in their struggle. All they want from their Russian “friends” today is to stay silent: Abstain and allow the Security Council to condemn one of the worst atrocities of this century, committed by one of the last Soviet-style party regimes in the World.
    Is that too much for the Syrians, historically the friends of the Russian people, to ask? I think not. For the Russian revolution that swept away the Soviet past has reached us now: We are claiming the same rights and freedoms that you had claimed in the nineties. What the Syrian people are urging you to do is to stand on the side of history. For the Syrian regime will fall.
    Do it, Sergey Viktorovich, out of pragmatism, if not out of the lofty ideals of the Russian people that we love and respect. The Syrian regime will fall, and sooner than later. But the Syrian blood, shed today with Russian acquiescence will NOT be recovered. Nor It will be forgotten. Rather, it will stay unforgivable and haunting.
    Yours respectfully,
    Samir Shishakli
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

f*** this, this is palestine all over again, but this time not by israel but by our own sh*t regime...
    and to the person who said israel wasn't a big problem to arabs, look at this, this is what israel has been doing to us all these years, but now they have a friend to do their work for them... heartless bastards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h742hl4s1N8&feature=player_embedded
  18. Anonymous Member

Lattakia, Syria - Urgent call to media and news agencies:
    Please share this unique phenomenon:
    After the massacre of Friday 2011-06-10 in area of Raml Falastini, several funerals took off from the neighbourhood to bury 10 martyrs who fell in the massacre, but security forces who were surrounding the area banned the funerals from going to the cemetery, so the residents buried some of the martyrs inside the neighbourhood.
    Among the martyrs were: Ismail Melesh who was murdered by a gunshot in the head, and was buried in a park after a massive funeral, videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V97IjaNSRYs , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Td7H4wDiW0 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAsCoKFU-M
    and Khaled Al-Banna, a palestinian who was rescuing the wounded on his bike when a sniper shot him, so he was buried at the bottom of a memorial monument of the Palestinian martyrs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNTMYgw-J4c
  19. Anonymous Member

I really fail to see what this report you posted a link to has to do with Israel. Let me remind you, that it's the Arab regimes that have a histrory of brutal murder of their own people. Need I remind you the 40,000 dead in the Hama massacre of 82? Hafez el-Assad killing his own people. Need I mention the Black September in Jordan, where King Hussein's forces killed 10,000 Palestinians in Jordan?
    I know that Arabs love to say Israel is the biggest problem of the Arab world, but the truth is - Arabs leaders are the biggest problem on the Arab worlds. In entire 4 years of intifada 1000 Israelis and 4000 Palestinians got killed. Assad has already killed over 1000 of his own in just a month. It's only when you will stop being delusional are realize that your leaders are rogue, brutal people that have been lying to you those years and drawing the attention away from the real issues by blaming Israel, that you will ever be able to achieve anything.

You're so used to seeing Israel behind every little bad thing that happens to you, that when there was a shark attack in Sini in Egypt, Egyptian authorities said that the shark was trained by the Mossad to ruin the Egyptian tourism. That's the kind of delusional societies Arab live in.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...pt/8185915/Shark-sent-to-Egypt-by-Mossad.html
    And don't forget the Mossad's trained eagles that fly to Saudi Arabia: http://www.jewlicious.com/2011/01/mossad-recruits-vulture-to-replace-sharks/
  20. Anonymous Member

you do not know me enough to assume all that about me from my little reply & have totally wonderfully missed my point, which was the epic similarity between our official boogie man enemy being the israeli state (not the people) and our regimes who pretend to be protecting us from it, whereas they both hand in hand screw up our lives. and of course u dont need to remind me, ffs cant u see im with the revolutions? wtf...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

this kind of fierce thrashing should go to the pro-regime people who you accurately described in your reply, not ME DD::::: URGH

• Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Let the Israelis worry about the Israeli government. You got a madman in Syria to oust. Stay on target.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. lulzgasm Member

And vice versa.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Dragononymous Member

26. lulzgasm Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

thank you for reading and sharing... this sounds normal, and very late, they should have started this pressure 3 months ago. the international community needs to condemn assad's crimes and demand an immediate access of media into the country in order to prove they have the minimal amount of sanity to rule their countries... that's right, humanity is a condition of sanity
  29. Anonymous Member

but of course this doesn't mean that what we need is an form of military intervention, we've had a good taste of those from the refugees arriving from our neighbor countries and we, as in the vast and almost unanimous majority of syrians, do not want military help... proper political pressure alongside sanctions on the persons committing hate crimes against our freedom demanding protesters, and working towards condemning them in the international criminal court should do the trick, kplsthx :)
    • Like Like x 1
  30. lulzgasm Member

https://www.accessnow.org/page/speakout/tell-the-world-s-leaders?js=false
    Access Now just set up a petition that includes videos of the regime's crimes against the syrian people.

"Syrian activists tell us that it’s vitally important that these videos and photos depicting the atrocities in Syria’s streets get to the key decision makers in the US, Turkey, the EU, Australia, and Saudi Arabia that have influence over Syria’s vulnerable regime. We've setup a web page where you can watch these videos and send them to the world leaders that have the power to tip the balance in Syria towards justice. Just click here to watch and send:"

• Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

32. DeathHamster Member

On the radio, they said that he blamed everyone for his current problems, except himself.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Anonymous Member

he totally did.. lol... and this is part of the people's response to his speech, this is from Bab Sreijeh, a central area of the market at the heart of Damascus... They're chanting "The people wants to topple the regime", "We want Freedom", and my favorite, in response to the slogan that we've been forced to chant our our lives "Forever, Forever, Hafez (or Bashar) Assad", these protesters chant "No forever, no forever, long live Syria, and down with Assad!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVKaHH610FM&feature=player_embedded
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

oh and, he referred to the protesters as germs, so this is a new nickname for us rebels, alongside infiltrators & salafis
  35. Anonymous Member

i really hope they start helping, but not militarily, they always keep ignoring how capable they are of peacefully, politically helping us and jump straight to military solutions... foreign military intervention would only double our suffering
    • Like Like x 1
  36. OTAN has just admitted that "probably" responsible for thehumanitarian release of Libyans killed nine civilians and wounded18 more, for a early morning attack against an apartment building in a densely populated neighborhood in Tripoli.

http://www.cubadebate.cu/especiales/2011/06/21/la-otan-el-transformer-sin-igual/

Russia opposes any Security Council resolution on Syria UN.

At least someone is aware of the situation.

http://www.cubadebate.cu/noticias/2...l-consejo-de-seguridad-de-la-onu-sobre-siria/