Customize

Operation: Nashville Mayday!

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by juche, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juche Member

Operation: Nashville Mayday!

[MOD EDIT: There's a new planning thread here: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/264-...n-nashville-mayday-final-countdownnnnn-43713/

This one is kept for historical purposes.

-- ARC]

We have this fancy new place they're calling the first Ideal Celebrity Centre on the planet. Don't you want to see such a thing? It has a wonderful sign! See?

33eq5o7.jpg

Anyway, what we're wanting to do here is get a multi-state party going down all up in this shit. Are you available on May 2nd? Do you want to see such things as that ugly-ass sign? Do you want to see a full-scale replication of the Parthenon? DO YOU WANT TO WEAR MASKS?!

1130 8th Ave S, Nashville, May 2, 2009. We have BBQ and caek.

Notes:

- Everyone who will need lodging needs to PM me with how many people in your group need a hotel room. We will take it from there.

- If you want BBQ, I also need to know how many people will be eating and whether those people want pork or turkey BBQ.

EDIT: For people who keep asking what to do in Nashville, this was posted on the nashvillians LJ community: Nashville Group Itineraries - Nashville Convention & Visitors' Bureau Group Travel
  2. anoncaek Member

Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

to all ATL and NC anons, this is your chance to finally wear mask at protest.
  3. anonymous612 Member

*browraise*

Are they aware there's an E in "the"?
  4. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

They're awaiting a $300,000 donation from a *celebrity* (giggle snort) $cientologist in Nashville before they can afford another "e"
  5. juche Member

Yeah, we noticed that too :X.

The 'G' and 'Y' falling off also did not escape our notice. It did, however, annoy us unendingly.
  6. AceOfSpades Member

ME WANT FIX SIGN!
  7. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

BRING MASK. AND CASH. WE GOTSA HANG AFTERWARDS.
  8. Elbynonamous Member

DO IT FAGGOTS.

You know you wanna. 8D

Also, I can talk to the local shop about getting some masks if you don't have them already. :)
  9. anonymous612 Member

Don't you mean, "anno us unndinl"?

I'll pass it along to Clearwater.
  10. Elbynonamous Member

ROFL.

First they have their own words, now their own alphabet?? FUCK!
  11. anonymous612 Member

I was thinking that sounded vaguely latin, yes...
  12. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

Can known attention whore's attend ??:D
  13. Elbynonamous Member

YES PLZ
  14. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

A BROTHER IN WHORING!
  15. Ramona Member

Hmmm... This is relevant to my interests, although I am 2000 miles away...
  16. anonymous612 Member

Out of context, this statement is relevant to my interests.
  17. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

First post, new here, but I will be there. Finally I've found some brothers in my city.
  18. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

Welcome Anony Howard!

If you search for the "USA Central" subsection, you can see we also have a raid planned for April 11th. Although this will be our global raid, not a super-awesome-South-East-sweetness raid with people from other states :D!!
  19. Hammurabi Member

Very interested, and could provide a few rides from Clearwater.
  20. Elbynonamous Member

You coming to see us from 2000 miles away is relevant to MY interests, and I think you need to do it, faggot.
  21. ravenanon Member

will have a case of water, a case of pop and a sad little boombox if wanted.
  22. cubby Member

brb crossposting to local
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Stutroup Member

I'll be ready for the Nash-up Mash-up!
  25. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

Informing DC now. We'll do our best, faggorts.
  26. none given Member

I'm in.

I don't know if I'll be coming from STL or DC but I'll have 2 extra seats either way.
  27. anonymous612 Member

Clearwater's interested.

However, it's an 11hr drive for us, so at least for us it'd be a multi-day thing. What are local hotels/lodgings like, especially price range? Privacy of identity isn't really an option, we're pretty much all namefagged.
  28. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

Psh, 10 hours for us too. Lol. Drive like the wiiiiiiiiiiiind~
  29. juche Member

PLENTY of places to stay in all price ranges. Tell me the number of people and the price range and I can find places moderately close to the Ideal for lodging.
  30. anonymous612 Member

Brb going back to jumping up and down going

"DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT!"
  31. anonymous612 Member

Depends, still waiting to hear back from everyone. With the people that have volunteered transportation so far, we could have a maximum of...ten or so? Our core group of regulars probably numbers around six or seven, and our actual group of protestors is probably in the twenties. So until I have more information, it could be anywhere from four to fourteen.
  32. Re: Operation: Nashville Mayday!

/r/ word bigger and better than epic
  33. AquaMan Member

Given my work schedule, if I can make it, it'd be coming in by plane. Friday isn't a night I can skip out on baring a really good bullshit story (work doesn't know I'm doing Chanology stuffs, and I'd like to keep it that way), and that puts me getting out... after sun-up on Saturday (fuck you OSAfags).

Right now, though, air ticket prices are running over $300, which is kinda high for what's effectively a day trip, and even for a whole weekend trip.

(Hmm. Maybe I can fly one way, then head back with ATLanons and then take other paths to get home from ATL...)
  34. Stutroup Member

Just be careful with your excuses; grandparents only die once each!
  35. pwnon Member

Hey kids, NCfag here.

Unfortunately, I don't see a plausible way for me to do this. As I am protesting purely anonymous, from family and coworkers and most friends, missing me for an entire day would be a weird thing. According to MapQuest, that's an almost seven hour trip for me. I'm experiencing terrible back pain from the three hour trip to Greensboro.

With all that in mind;

I'm working on an out. May 1st is the date, iirc? If I can pull together a few friendnons to help pitch in for gas, and I can get the days off work, I may be able to squeeze this in. I'll work more on this later tonight to see if possible.

After typing all of that, I realize how goddamned epic this thing could be. I am gonna fucking do this shit, one way or another.

tl;dr version- I suck.
  36. Stutroup Member

May 2nd
  37. pwnon Member

Ah. I'm working now on this, super hard.
  38. Shinanon Member

Oh snap. This is some srs bsnss. :D

I need some directions to the place, if anyone can PM me.
  39. Gadfly Member

Nashville does have a major airport. Southwest is usually dirt cheap. I'm pretty sure I can get my van operational for Anon transport.
  40. anoncaek Member

Do Louisville, St. Louis, and possibly even SoOhio fags know about this, I mean, I know its supposed to be "South East" but those places aren't too far out from Nash.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.