Customize

Operation CeilingCat

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by technicalfool, Mar 9, 2008.

?

How much would you like to see this?

Bah, humbug. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
$40 3 vote(s) 27.3%
$50+ 4 vote(s) 36.4%
$10 3 vote(s) 27.3%
$20 0 vote(s) 0.0%
$30 1 vote(s) 9.1%
  1. technicalfool Member

Operation CeilingCat

If we're intent on this deranged idea (I say that affectionately!) then keep in mind we could already get someone who's been namefagged to rent the balloon. There's a lot of Co$ critics in California - Mark Bunker, Tory Wiseman, Tommy Gorman, Lawrence Wollersheim, etc., etc. Undoubtedly there's a few Anonymous who've been tagged by OSA too. It's an All-Star list. If we pitched together a fund and someone had the brass balls to put their name out there, we could hit 'em easily.

I consider myself a proto-legalfag, so take this with a big grain of salt, BUT -
    I don't think we'd actually get hit for littering. Reason being that we have a big, overriding purpose to our "litter" campaign. A court proceeding for littering would inevitably drag in the RPF and testimonies about it. I think we'd be easily able to convince a judge that we want law enforcement officials to question residents of Gold Base without OSA peeking in. At that point, hopefully, either a few RPF'ers have already beat feet and are turning up in Hemet or places more distant, and willing to testify, or a few RPF'ers quietly tell the police they want out, desperately.
    Now, if they were going to hit us with something, it'd be harassment, because you never defend, always attack, right? Same strategy applies. If the RPF presence there is too hard to conceal, and Miscavige is aware, then we might just hear absolutely nothing about it. Until the RPFers show up, of course. :D[/quote:3pdb2bri]

If this splendiferously huge idea ever happened, you would be wise to look into public liability insurance. Having a hot air balloon as part of a protest has happened before[/url:3pdb2bri], so it's not impossible. Gold Base Balloon Tours anyone?

Edit: The bearded one doing a special episode from aboard a LongCat Warship balloon in the skies above Gold Base. I'd stick £15 or £20 in to see that. Would >9000 others though? And would he be up for it?
  2. LRonAnon Member

Re: Operation CeilingCat

Now that you mention it, ... seems I remeber reading something somewhere about the up comming Hemet hot-air balloon festival being planned for june or july. Gee, I wish I could remmmers where I read that... maybe it was in next months LATimes.
  3. LRonAnon Member

:roll:
  4. QTBlog Member

5. Re: Operation CeilingCat

Anyone want to call these balloon people and find out if they would allow people to throw flowers from the balloon?
  6. psyborgue Member

What about leaves? Palm leaves written on with a sharpie...
  7. A_nonchalant Member

I would pitch in for this, and to the tune of $50+. Not much MORE than $50, but still.

I like the idea of flowers and water-soluble paper. Minimizes our chances of being called out for littering, and if we do, the quickly biodegradable nature of such messages makes it difficult for them to hit us as hard as they can.

First and foremost, we need an angry namefag. If said angry namefag is also capable of operating any kind of flying vehicle, bonus points. Then, we need an actual collection fund set up - possibly on Enturbulation.org, or just by someone we all trust not to run off with the pot. We need the pot to hit about the $5000 range - only about $1000 should be needed for the actual event, the remaining $4000 is to swat away frivolous lawsuits. Then, we need a decent videocamera, so everyone can watch some Anons rickroll Gold Base. I know that's what I'm paying my $50 for. :D Until Steps 1-3 have been reached, Operation CeilingCat is really just going to be a pleasant fantasy.

And honestly, folks...this is a bad idea. It really is. But it just sounds so goddamn funny.
  8. ryangiggs Member

9. tofuman Member

Re: Over the walls. I want.

It would be so kick ass if we could use that at Gold Base.
  10. qwertyuiop1 Member

11. Anonymous Member

that is pretty fuckin' cool

What's the price tag on a getup like that run?
    What's the legality of flying it over private property?
    How well does the law protect us if the owners of said property damage or destroy it while it's overhead?
  12. Consensus Member

Looks cool.

What sort of intel would we hope this might reveal?
    Would any exes be able to provide advice on how to most efficiently get a money shot?
  13. Re: Over the walls. I want.

I still believe that a Dongcopter is a more worthwhile purchase.
  14. Xenu Anon Member

How much are they?
  15. Shirotsuki Member

This might sound kind of obvious......but why not, if the operation goes ahead (which by all means it should!), land the hot air balloon on private land afterwards. They can't find who was riding it if you land it in a ranch/private field/w.e filled with a hundred Anonymous members, all masked, ready to protest the presence of the pursuers?
    Just an idea^^ It means that no names really need to be revealed at any time, so long as the name of the balloon company remains hidden, and the balloon can be removed from where it lands easily enough to avoid detection^^
  16. Re: Operation CeilingCat

Be careful- someone should get some local law info on this just to be sure. I'm sure there's existing case law on this in the Federal Courts too- just need to sniff around a bit.

And the case wouldn't drag in information about the RPF or the abuses we're trying to highlight. That would be objected to as irrelevant. This would be defined as a simple littering case by the bad folks and a Freedom of Speech issue by Anon. The only way Anon would get RPF info into the case (aside from a copy of the brochures/fliers dropped) would be if Scio sued for libel/defamation. But they wouldn't do that precisely because all of the RPF info would be entered into the court record and would become public record. That'd be a PR disaster for Scio, and they know it.
  17. FUCK Member

this would be kick ass. also, probably the only way we would be able to get our message into gold base without it being censored and spun first.