Customize

Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

nervousweakcranky.jpg
  2. anonymous1312 Member

Oh please, I put a smiley after it because I wasn't serious. Come on.

Also, 2nd sentence was a reasonable explanation IMHO - they probably only count those who disembark, end of.
  3. mrfyde Member

Looking for shops of a small group like this might be a little bit silly. It would only suggest to the 64(?) paying customers that other pics are shoop'd. I don't think that the people in that picture are all part of a plot to "trick us" into believing scientology is at cause.

I don't really think that looking to see how suntanned people are is going to provide solid evidence.
  4. Anonymous Member

yep thinking the same thing
  5. whodat Member

Didn't any of you read and understand the scilon press release? They got these schmucks to fly down there for a vacation at St Kitts and do a photo shoot on the Failwinds and give it a happy send off for its annual "Maiden Voyage Anniversary".

Air fare from Tampa FL or Los Angeles CA to St Kitts runs from $500-$700 roundtrip. That's not bad for a short weekend vacation for a stupid photoshoot for your fearless scilon leader.
  6. Anonymous Member

Pffft - you think smilies mean anything these days? You need either a library of lulzy jpegs with witty captions that no-one has seen before, or to be permanently serious [while pondering if the mods have been at it so long their cycles are coinciding].
  7. Anonymous Member

Umm, can you please clarify for me when we are supposed to take their PR as factual, and when we're to point out how absurdly absurd it is?

I thought it was always the latter, but if I'm supposed to start believing them when it agrees with our best evil-cult conjectures, I need to better understand when that is.

'k thx bai
  8. whodat Member

Ooooooooo someone needs a beer!

I meant "read between the lines", Cranky, and you'll discover that the Church of Scientology mentioned that these people were shipped in for the photograph and were not all passengers on the ship.

The whole thing was staged for PR purposes and the scilons even admitted it.

Reminder... get another beer.

9. auchraw Member

THIS ^^ for starters.

By 'suntanned' I mean black or at least dark brown. Spelling it out for those who don't like long words, St Kitts is in the Caribbean, part of the West Indies. Its population is almost entirely black, ie, Afro-Caribbeans. There are very few black faces in this cheerful crowd. Therefore they have flown in or sailed in and are not native Kittitians.

The weekend trip fits the facts very well.
  10. anon1901 Member

Flying them down for the photo shoot seems right, but there are still some things that don't seem right:

-What about the lighting? If this picture was taken outside, wouldn't you expect some people to appear darker thank others?

-What about the background? It's absolutely perfect. If the failwinds were at port, wouldn't you expect to see a dock, or buoys, or other boats, or birds, or SOMETHING?

Just saying. For both of those reasons I am inclined to believe the picture was taken if front of a green screen, but that's just me. Also, here's a shot of the failwinds in 2006 at dock just for reference. Notice the number of reported passengers in the article- 540. A little downstat perhaps? Or maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges, since this article was released in February and may be for another event. My two cents.
  11. Cudgel Member

Corrected.
  12. Optimisticate Member

<stirring pot>

Does anyone know if the below are available at all?

1 3-level stage set up
    Several Lounge chairs
    1 large green screen
    1 poodle
    200 people wondering why they're waving at a photographer 300 feet away
    1 picture editing software
    1 open license photo of ocean

</stirring pot>
  13. pooks Member

The 64 people were reported in June.

The week long Maiden Voyage Anniversary Event aka OT Summit was held in July. It's very possible that 194 or so "OTs" showed up at that yearly event. This would explain the discrepancy in the numbers.
  14. Re: Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

The may well be more than 64 aboard the Failwinds. Some passengers just never leave the ship:

"..Freewinds boot-camp(RPF) for kids

Scientology

Subject: Freewinds boot-camp(RPF) for kids

This Freewinds promo I received reflects on the problems CoS must have with Scientology teenagers.

I wonder if the irresponsible, filthy rich Scientology parents are using the Freewinds as a dumping ground for their non- conforming , free thinking sons and daughters?

My opinion is that Co$ is very upset that some Scios teenagers are not embracing the new GAT & DM's command intention, Co$ probably threaten the parents with "losing their eternity" if they dont get their kids on the Bridge NOW.

This Co$ promo piece just validates all those posts on ARS about how some teenagers of Co$ staff and public are neglected because the parents are too busy "clearing the planet".

I am sure there is a Sea Org recruiter on board just waiting for the moment a teenager realizes he wants to help mankind, then they get him to join the Sea Org, because the naive teenager does'nt really know what he's getting into, that he will be under total control by the Sea Org, no fun time, no more sex, working 24/7 for little or no pay.

Here's what the glossy little promo piece from Freewinds it says:

"Send your teenager to the Future OT Convention Aboard the Freewinds, We'll Send Them Back to you a Scientologist".

It says:

"This is a unique program available only onboard the Freewinds. It is available for children from age 10 - 19. It takes 2 weeks to complete.

It consists of :

-MEST work on decks to build confront under the supervision of the Freewinds Shipkeeping Division. All jobs are passed by a Freewinds Officer and they must get at least 3 well done passes on their jobs. ( picture of 3 teenage girls swabbing a Freewinds deck)

- Scientology courses to raise ethics and responsibility level.

- 35 hours of "Opening Procedure by Duplication" co-auditing.

- Lifeboat rowing drill as a team, where the whole group learns how to row a lifeboat in unison to a pass from the Captain Freewinds or his deputy.( picture of about 12 youngsters with life vests in a rather large life-boat with 3 sets of oars being given orders by a guy in white shorts, white shirt.)

- 5 LRH public films including "Orientation" film.

- 6 seminars. Covering subjects such as KSW, Ethics & Responsibility, exchange, PTS/SP, Leadership, conditions, and morale.

-They will be berthed together in a 4 shared cabin, receive tough berthing inspections that will rise their personal standards.

In this convention they become real Scientologists and that is what we send back to you.

The "donation" rate for this "convention" is $3,729.60."

Freewinds boot-camp(RPF) for kids
  15. AnotherMrPink Member

Holy shit! You mean this picture might not have been taken at the exact time St Kitts reported 64!!?!!

You know, people can come and go from ships. If St Kitts reports 64, it was probably 64, they do have to track who comes to their island. Of course, Freewinds probably brought more than 64 for the OT summit, which was a different time.

The picture is not a shoop.

If the Grand OT Summit only can get 194, then regular running must be WAY under this. Which takes the Failwinds into that realm of not making enough to pay for the upkeep of it.

It is a pit they are throwing money into, just like each renovation and new org. Keep throwing the money away Davey.
  16. whodat Member

No, the cruise is in June and the events at the orgs are 4 weekends throughout July.

Remember that David Miscavige said he was too busy for an interview with the SP Times until the 6th of July? That's when he'd be done with the "real life" event/cruise.
  17. pooks Member

Ya you're right. I can't find the original post right now, but as I recall. the event on the Freewinds was held the last few days of June and the first few days of July. If anyone can find the dates, that would help to make sense of it.
  18. Optimisticate Member

freewinds . blogspot.com has this info:

19. pooks Member

Thanks

From freewinds.blogspot.com

20. Re: Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

What I find strange about the picture is it looks as if they are all standing on ascending bleachers rather than the decks of a ship
  21. Anonymous Member

What is the likelihood that these freewind passengers have been bringing home asbestos on their clothes (luggage) and exposing the blue asbestos to their family for the past 25+ years?

Expert opinion appreciated.
  22. Optimisticate Member

23. Anonymous Member

Vesseltracker.com seems to be listing Freewinds as Cyprus registry. I believe it used to be Panama.
  24. Re: Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

Have they checked the anchor lockers and sewerage bilge tanks for RPFers? Could be 67.
  25. auchraw Member

According to DNV Exchange she is still registered in Panama.

Edit: but looking at the Panama Ship Registry it is possible to have dual registration in Panama and another country for two years.

Is the Dwarf contemplating the Mediterranean for his retirement?

Edit 2: From Wikipedia: Majestic Cruise Lines is a Panamanian corporation which operates the Freewinds, receiving payment from FSSO for the use of the ship. MCL Services is a Netherlands Antilles corporation which provides shore support and liaison services for Majestic Cruise Lines and FSSO from the Freewinds' home port, Curaçao.

It would seem difficult to dismantle all this, and yet it seems that Freewinds is no longer welcome in Curacao.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. amaX Member

28. auchraw Member

I don't see why they are trying to sell Boheme souvenirs to Scientologists. Scientology converted Boheme from a Scandinavian car-ferry into the beautiful cruise ship we know today.

Does LBHN have anything to do with Scientology?
  29. auchraw Member

What could this mean?

Vesseltracker reports that it cannot tell me where Freewinds currently is. 'The current position is not available because the vessel is not in one of our covered regions at the moment.'

Doesn't it cover the Caribbean?
  30. Olrik Member

They sell everything...
    The store is about to close.
  31. andonanon Member

OP about the Cyprus thing. According to what I can find you can't get a passenger ship registered in Cyprus that is older than 35 years. I believe Freewinds was built in 1968. (41)

Cyprus, International Law, Cyprus Ship Registry - Department of Merchant Shipping - 06/10/2006, EU Law, International Law, Banking and Financial, Loans, Mortgages and Leasing, Insurance and Transport, Marine/ Shipping, Intellectual Property, Licensin

Of course it would be nice if they did change the registration only to have it be invalid.
  32. auchraw Member

Spreading around some good news.

I checked again with the Aruba tourist website and found that 64 was probably right.

The CoS predicts a weekly cruise with 150 passengers: this figure appears in predictions of total cruise traffic for Aruba for September to December 2009. The actual figures are a bit less.

May - one cruise - 77 passengers
    June - no cruise - perhaps she was in St Kitts instead?
    July - one cruise - 89 passengers
    August - one cruise 73 passengers.

Is she calling in somewhere else? St Kitts perhaps? Makes little odds. They are not finding many buyers for their expensive courses any more.

http://www.arubabycruise.com/stats/index.html
  33. auchraw Member

Remember the discussion about the publicity photograph which began about post #24?

I found this posted by Ladybird in ESMB. This could explain the mystery of the 200 guests and the wee wee Commodore lording it over all of 130 of them came from the boat next door! My guess is that the wee fella organised a party for the lady centre front who is obviously Queen of the Island or something.

34. [I was the mechanics Chief of the Freewinds for its 1st 16 years of operation by the church. 6R22 and 814TK were the models of the generator engines, not their output. I believe the 6R22s put out 1200 HP and the 814TKs put out 800 HP. The ship never used shore power except in the rare occasion when the main circuit breaker panel was being overhauled in dry dock. We were forced to run the generators and air conditioning in drydock so that IASA could still have service when most ships just send them ashore for the drydock period.
    Former Mechanics Chief Bill Straass 1986-2002.
  35. Quentinanon Member

Thanks for the info Bill! Glad you dropped in. Don't be a stranger.
    • Like Like x 1