Customize

Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

This just in from an insider:

From article:

Internet articles mention a passenger capacity which varies from 360 to 500 passengers. So... 64 is about 13%-18% capacity.

Poor Davey Boy!
  2. mollie2810 Member

Re: Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

How many people will he have to slap to feel better again after this? :D
  3. AnotherMrPink Member

65 people.

Just because they couldnt see the leader over the railing doesnt mean he wasnt there.

Such low numbers in reality...wow DM, its fallin apart. Ur welcome.
  4. none given Member

Downside is, they are probably still making money. Princess cruise lines can put you on a nice, big ship with a ton of food and some entertainment for a lot less and the help gets paid a lot more than Freewinds.
    It would be interesting to see just how low the break even point is.
  5. AnotherMrPink Member

But Princess Cruise Lines has a fleet of ships, so when one area of the world, say Carribean, is doing worse business wise, then they can rely on Alaska or Mediterranian for the money.

Also, when money gets tight, Cruise Lines will dock ships in the fleets when they are not necessary because of low demand to keep profits up.

So, if you only have one ship, and you cant get more than 64 people on that one ship but you keep it out at sea, you lose money.
  6. pedrofcuk Member

It's an absolute honour and privilege to see scientology destroyed, I think the end will be fairly swift, the trials will go on for years, Wally Hanks deserves life for beating Marco, [Mod edit: Removed LRH-like suggestion.]
  7. AnotherMrPink Member

8. none given Member

Pink, thanks.
    Looks like he is burning diesel just to keep up appearances.
  9. Anonymous Member

Freewinds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. RHill Member

Does the 64 figure include staff? (I'm assuming it does)
  11. Anonymous Member

Over $10 million metric shit tons of fuel per year, gimme a star

Except the people who pay for a trip on that boat are so stupid that the crew probably just takes them out of sight of land and then has a guy sitting in the engine room making "vrrroom vrrroom" noises.
  12. AnotherMrPink Member

ok..math:

the link I had was for a minimum of 70,000 tons. At $250,000 a week that is $3.57 Per Ton.

So Failwinds at 9780 Tons would be $34,928 a week in fuel sitting at dock. This is estimate but probably gives a good idea around what they spend on that doing nothing.
  13. Anonymous Member

Any idea how much the people pay to take a ride on the boat of blue death ? And does the 64 include the crew ?
  14. Anonymous Member

Based on the counts listed from the other ships, it appears they are listing the number cruise passengers only and they are not including crew.

I wonder how much the widespread knowledge of blue asbestos contamination has affected the count vs. the general, steep decline in the number of scientologists.

Is the Freewinds still the only place they deliver OTVIII? If so, they aren't exactly making alot of them these days. Especially when you factor in the fact that most of the passengers are on other courses, not OTVIII. :D
  15. RightOn Member

It can't be worth it to take that tug out for only 65 passegers. Mr. Pink is right.

I always wondered where the original asbestos was dumped from the FIRST refit that Woodcraft oversaw.
    It is amazing that it was never looked into any further?
    Cause Asbetos never goes away... it is still where ever they dumped it. ( unless it was dumped in the ocean.)
  16. Avery1 Member

If Davey is counted in that stat then it's really only 64 & 1/3 people.
  17. RightOn Member

So true, he probbaly sleeps in one of the life jacket lockers. (if they have any)
  18. Re: Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

The bring a alone a little crib and playpen for him
  19. Ann O'Nymous Member

Eddy ?
    It would still be in the ocean.
  20. NoScope Member

Probably not. I think they only count passengers as people paying to go on the cruise. That means there is at least 30-60 (I'm not sure, but there is probably allot more) more staff on the cruise who still use food and amenities yet didn't pay to go. I wonder what the staff do to keep busy due to most the rooms being unoccupied.
  21. AnotherMrPink Member

Hide in empty rooms from Slappy Miscavige?
  22. BlooAnon Member

23. Anonymous Member

From the International Scientology News thread.. The cover pics of the failwinds I think docked at St. Kitts?

21st Maiden Voyage & OT Summit 2009.
    (Day two - COB speaks at Dianetics Night)
    (Day three - LRH biography by Dan Sherman)
    (Day four - COB speaks about IAS)
    (Day ?? - OT Ambassadors & final sendoff)

otambas.jpg

I count at least 194 in that picture.

So it could be a different cruise, or else they only reported 64 and everyone else stay on board. (Do they charge cruise ships per headcount when they dock?) Or maybe 64 is how many passengers went to the island.
  24. the_cloak Member

Guys guys guys, after all this time you should be able to add up what happened here.

I'll lay it out for the more simple among you.

Ship sets out with about 200 aboard.
    They get the picture early because they know it would look as impressive later.
    Ship arrives in St. Kits with 64 aboard.

So where are the rest? Obvious Answer: Overboarded by Lil Slappy Miscavige.
  25. Anonymous Member

Why would you use fuel at dock???? You use the fuel moving quickly. I'm sure the Failwinds never breaks 10 kts to save money.

Marine oil / bunker fuel $300 per ton in 2007 and currently $400 per ton (?)
    some examples I found
    40,000 ton - avg 15 kts - 65 tons per day
    45,000 ton - avg 13 kts - 45 tons per day
    45,000 ton - avg 17 kts - 20 gal per mile

So.. estimate it costs $3,000-$10,000 per day to cruise around at a slow pace.
  26. RightOn Member

Oh I know, but a lot harder to find!
  27. RightOn Member

I simply don't believe this picture. Perhaps they are shooped in from all those pictures they take of people smiling and waving. (Like they did at the DC Org)
  28. Optimisticate Member

inb4 scientology putting out a press release with 640 as a number
  29. RightOn Member

Awful strange to have those type of chairs that you see in the front row on the top deck.
    They look like they have wood arms and they are padded? I guess they could of carried them up from somewhere, but why didn't they just use regular deck chairs?
    Ok tin foil hat securely on...wonder if we can find these groups shots in any other pics?
    and why does that lady have a banner on for in the front row? Ms. Failwinds?
  30. Anonymous Member

I dunno - looks like a fair bit of planning and coordination went into that photo - so not unsurprising that they'd use the nice furniture.
  31. Re: Only 64 passengers aboard the Freewinds in June

Yep every single eye witness account, media report, and official government report is lying, only Scientology's graphic arts department can be trusted. Ron warned us about this, he hold us people would not believe Scientologists can leave their heads at home and replicate themselves when they go exterior.
  32. happy feet Member

Did you bother to look at the magazine scan or the detailed photo BEFORE you started running your mouth off about shitty speculation because you herd about it happening once a decade ago?
  33. stuwyatt Member

Is anyone able to do a hi-res scan of that image and upload it somewhere? I've just zoomed in and noticed a few areas that might prove a potential photoshop.... but it could also be down to jpg compression...

[Edit: Its the middle deck that has a few suspicious areas to me]

[Edit2] Disregard, I sux cox. Its jpg artefacts
  34. RightOn Member

I looked at the picture long and hard, and I am only saying what "I" believe about the picture. AND i said tin foil hat securely on.

It looks funny to me sorry. I din't think I was running my mouth.
  35. happy feet Member

SHUT THE FUCK UP. zOMG jpg artifacts from a shoop!!!

Yes, the image was cropped and down sampled FROM TEH ORIGINAL magazine scan in the Thread Mentioned with the photo ITT.
  36. Anonymous Member

I'd assume not, but then neither would the "360 to 500" passenger capacity - so still well under 20% bookings.

OTOH, is it safe to assume there were orders for all the staff to dress in mufti for the photoshoot with David Miscavige [almost didn't see him there on the poop desk he's so itty-bitty] which could explain many (>100?) of the ~194 waving hands.
  37. Anonymous Member

Well if you had the passengers and the crew come up on deck for the photo-op, you'd have about this number of people.
  38. AnonymousNow Member

Upkeep on a ship like this would be massive... but then again, it's not like they hit the blue asbestos problem with any haste. Still, they got to keep it running.

Just as the COS has to maintain ALL the real estate Davey purchased at the height of the market before it tanked. If they don't maintain it, it will tank in value. Davey has strapped the COS with golden ball and chain.
  39. the_cloak Member

Fixed that for you.