Customize

Once Upon A Time In Clearwater - your needle was floating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArnieLerma, Jan 24, 2009.

1. tazor Member

Re: Once Upon A Time In Clearwater - your needle was floating

It would explain why El Paso is one of the dirtiest towns EVAR though. They are all so mellowed out on lithium they don't even clean up over there.
  2. XenuLovesU Member

You know, I heard that 95% of murderers were found to have milk in their refrigerators!

Therefor milk must make people homicidal?

Correlation != causation

Any studies that show that micro-doses of lithium have a therapeutic effect? Just curious.
  3. AnotherRIAnon Member

^^^that

Cool story bro but there isn't much we can really do with it until we can get some other way to verify this.

Anon: LRon died with psych drugs in his system
    OSA Goon: No he didn't
    Anon: Oh Yeah. Here's his death certificate and tox report.

Anon: All the Ot's at Flag were flying through thier OT levels because they were drinking protein shakes laced with the psych drug lithium.
    OSA Goon: No they weren't
    Anon: Oh Yeah? Here's... uhhm uhhh....hmmmm.
  4. Re: Once Upon A Time In Clearwater - your needle was floating

This could backfire , as lawsuits WILL BE FILED, and scientologist will be told that it is a supressive conspriacy to harm OT's and they all need to come to flag right away and RE-DO THEIR OT LEVELS AGAIN. If they believe in ZENU, they'll believe anything.
  5. TargetRemains Member

First you would need proof that someone has lith~ in their system from these drinks.

i just don't think that is currently possible.
  6. francie Member

7. RHill Member

Assuming you would be able to go through the above, you can add:

Anon: Then income crashed because they flew through their OT levels.
    Healthy skeptic (no need to be OSA...): Show me the financial statements (independently audited preferably) of Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization and Church of Scientology Flag Ship Service Organization.
    Anon: Err...

Edited to add: And still, it would have to be convincingly demonstrated that "income crashed" because Scientologists are having a more uniform squeeze on the cans of e-meters (or less variable skin resistance), and that this uniform squeeze (or whatever factor which affect skin resistance) is caused by the lithium they got from the drink.
  8. mrfyde Member

Sorry. But I do have to take the lithium claims with "a grain of salt". Grain of salt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I fully believe that people going to FLAG might believe that a drink at the health store would help them get thru their sec checks. People make lots of claims at FLAG. For me the jury is still out on lithium being able to help people pass sec checks.

"Druging" people's drinks is not ethical even if they are Scientologists. I am still unclear what this Secret Operation was supposed to accomplish. If the goal was to save people money at FLAG any drink that seemed to have that effect would likely be banned with or with out Lithium (I'd reck'en)

If they are knowingly taking lithium to pass sec checks thats fine by me. But they would have been a lot smarter to not go into flag to begin with because there really is no point to becoming an illegal PC on purpose.

Because lithium in a prescription dose (from my understanding) takes weeks to have an effect I can only assume that the smaller dose I assume was in the fruit drink wouldn't have an much of an effect during their stay.

All of this being said I am happy that people feel they are getting thru their sec checks with ease. And I would be even happier if they didn't go in to get them at all. But it is not uncommon for people to find their own ways to beat the e-meter it happens all the time.
    -----

As for crime rates vs sanity rates that is how I read (and indicated) one post I dont' care to go back and find. Also I don't know how they would test lithium's effect on an entire city.
  9. XenuLovesU Member

10. Vir Member

If all other environmental variables are the same, then it's an indication that microdoses of lithium might have an effect. Then you have to do a randomized double-blind trial to eliminate all the other possible unknown variables. You don't do this with a whole city, but the number of participants has to be high enough to make a statistically significant result.

This will be a revolutionary and alien concept to a Scientologist wishing disease away with supplements, because it involves actual science. Here's a video:

11. Re: Once Upon A Time In Clearwater - your needle was floating

You ever go to a health food or a smoothie store and get a vitamin boost in your drink? They've got a whole list, ones that help with hang overs, one that clear up colds, ones that give you energy. They never tell you what's in them, but you can put a few in your smoothie and be on your way. This type of lithium is a legal substance often used by vitamin stores and natural health people to promote healthy living. It's not illegal to add it to a vitamin boost in drinks.
  12. eddieVroom Member

l-ron-hubbard_lithium.jpg
  13. Swede Member

[IMG]
  14. Zak McKracken Member

Counterpoint:

small sample size to be sure, but all El Paso residents I've met
    (lithium or no lithium) have been stark raving lunatics.

Some have already an heroed. The ones who haven't yet, are probably on the short list.
    Taking lithium (or moving to El Paso) should be treated with a strong element of caution-
    don't do either without qualified medical/psych supervision.
  15. mrfyde Member

Well thanks, if the citizens of El Paso haz be tested under these conditions I will be happy to yield to the assumption that El Paso gets some kind "gain or loss" from having lithium in their water.

------- Edit:
    For anyone who would like to read up on Urine in Texas Here is the study:

He notes that Dallas, which has low lithium levels because it draws its water from surface supplies, has "about seven times more admissions to state mental hospitals than El Paso." But state mental health officials point out that the mental hospital closest to Dallas is 35 miles from the city, while the one nearest El Paso is 350 miles away—and the long distance could affect admission figures.

The Texas Tranquilizer - TIME
  16. DeathHamster Member

Get some with new added Lithium! Or Brawndo, the Test Mutilator!
  17. Elbynonamous Member

Wow. Just....

Wow.
  18. Vir Member

Well no, you couldn't do the test on El Paso residents, because they already have a higher level of lithium in their water. You'd have to get a number of people not from El Paso, and with low lithium levels in their water, randomly selected, and then give half of them small doses of lithium while the other half gets placebo without lithium.
  19. stuwyatt Member

I can't stop laughing.... The thought of all those high-level OT's taking psych drugs, so that they can pass the auditing?.... hahaha.... Oh the irony....

:)
  20. mrfyde Member

Thanks again you are smart (I always thought so) but the study was flawed was my point.

He notes that Dallas, which has low lithium levels because it draws its water from surface supplies, has "about seven times more admissions to state mental hospitals than El Paso." But state mental health officials point out that the mental hospital closest to Dallas is 35 miles from the city, while the one nearest El Paso is 350 miles away—and the long distance could affect admission figures.

The Texas Tranquilizer - TIME
  21. Anonynamefag Member

[IMG]

HI, BILLY MAYS HERE WITH LITHIUM. DO YOU HAVE LOTS OF THETANS THAT NEED TO GTFO YOUR BODY? THEN BUY SOME OF THIS GODDAMN LITHIUM. THIS SHIT COULD MAKE YOUR NEEDLE DEVIDE BY ZERO BY FLOATING ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE. YOU CAN PUT SOME LITHIUM ON YOUR DICK, AND IT'LL GROW THREE INCHES. FUCK.

IN A FEW MINUTES, THERE WILL BE A GODDAMN NUMBER ON YOUR SCREEN. CALL THAT SHIT AND BUY SIX CASES OF THIS FUCKING LITHIUM AND WE'LL THROW IN AN E-METER AND SOME GODDAMN DIANETICS. WHAT IS DIANETICS? YOU BEST BE JOKING, NIGGER. THAT FUCKING TECH WILL CLEAR YOU. YOU'LL PROBABLY NEED IT AFTER YOU SHOVE THE CANS UP YOUR ASS. BECAUSE YOU'LL SIMULTANEOUSLY SHIT, PISS, AND EJACULATE IN YOUR PANTS. HOW DO YOU PISS AND EJACULATE AT THE SAME TIME? FUCK YOU, THAT'S HOW. CALL ME NOW AND I'LL STOP YELLING. NEVERMIND, I CAN'T STOP SO FUCK YOU. I'M GONNA GO PUNCH SOME SEA ORG GUYS SO PEACE OUT NIGGERS.

SO CALL 1-702-731-1500 NOW AND TELL THEM BILLY MAYS SENT YOU

THAT NUMBER AGAIN IS 1-702-731-1500
    THATS ONE SEVEN OH TWO SEVEN THREE ONE ONE GIVE OH OH

CALL NAO FAGGOTS!
  22. adhocrat Member

ITT: irony, truthiness, but sadly, no science in OP
  23. ArnieLerma Member

I consider it quite a science to ruin scientology's day:)
  24. adhocrat Member

I do to, Arnie. Not complaining about the facts, just about the interpretation

I salute you sir, for doing something.
  25. adhocrat Member

doubled up
  26. imariscent Member

This is one of the commercials that never made it on air. Due to scienfollogy's censorship.
  27. Anon1720 Member

Hilarious! Lol'd so hard...wiping away tears.
  28. mrfyde Member

I also do not intend to be a wet blanket ... just can't help but wonder...
  29. Relyt Member

in b4 stupid faggots creating press releases.
  30. subgenius Member

On the basis of my observations huge pants make you fat.

And Kelly Preston noted that all the children in the hospital were exposed to cleaners. So cleaners must be the cause of all disease.
  31. Optimisticate Member

There are energy drinks that contain lithium, such as Verve.

Edit: It would be interesting to find out what is in Celsius, the drink that Katie Holmes was seen with. Has her needle floated?
  32. Vir Member

33. imariscent Member

Sorry had to throw this in there, as a break. Enjoy
  34. avbb Member

Oh Arnie! You smarmy bastard! What a fantastic bedtime story to followup our raid on Gold yesterday! (us Vegasfags are still jetlagged!)

I remember a several months ago, I think Pooks posted a poster of some special "move on up the bridge" Fleawinds hotel shit in Clearwater? Really promoting moving up quicker than ever, was this related? If so, OMFG! I am blown away.
  35. MrNiceNice Member

It's an art.

Hope the name of this majek smoothie was artfully ironic too.

Take care of your back.
    Best,
  36. Scatman Member

Lithium Halogen salts, particularly LiFl, lithium fluoride, are VERY TOXIC. Poison.
    Lithium salts should only be consumed as approved as safe for human consumption, like Lithium Orotate.
  37. Anon Char Member

main_splash2.jpg
    header_splash-right2.jpg

[SIZE="5"]It keeps going and going and going and going...
    [/SIZE]
  38. eddieVroom Member

Aw hell -- I remember that! Could it be LOL...

l-ron-hubbard_lithium.jpg
  39. mrfyde Member

Do you think there would be anything to gain in such an experiment ? Maybe water treatment plants would start to add Lithium to the H2O supply and wipe out scientology ????
  40. cubby Member

unfortunately, the fda doesn't have the budget to study every single supplement and natural/herbal remedy out there... they generally only tear into them when death and other serious health problems are reported -- like with phen-fen... so it's often a matter of faith whether you're even getting what you paid for, never mind whether it has the positive effect you're hoping for or merely that of a placebo.