Customize

OMG!!!! PDC lecture #20 has been altered!!!!

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Comment from Marty's blog:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/11/24/long-cold-winter-for-scientology/#comment-240906
    While I have had a bit of fun with this, what strikes me is how this is no longer a great revelation. Years ago it would have been. Now, it is simply recognition of standard operating procedure for the corporate Church of Scientology.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sonichu Moderator

What I read out of all this is another thing to sow doubt in long time scientologists that are still in. Here's a nice slogan:

"Why was PDC lecture #20 edited? What does RTC not want you to know?"
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

May the term squirrel continue for all scientologists.
    Eww- you are squirreling. No- you are.
    Yeah.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RightOn Member

"His part is to covertly destroy or severely cripple the technology of Scientology since it creates populations who can think for themselves."

LOL! Golden!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. DeathHamster Member

More language redefinition, just like "ethics". (Keep Scientology Working? When did it ever work? Seriously!)

populations who can think for themselves = populations that think the way they are supposed to.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Xenu Is Lord Member

No not lecture 20! Not that one, say it isn't so!
    • Funny Funny x 7
  7. RightOn Member

exactly. that post coming from someone who is all up in arms over the tech being altered.
    Altered smaltered
    crap is still crap
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ^^^
    Exactly. Shit on a shit sandwich is still a bunch of shit.
    Screw PDC lecture #20.
  9. Tourniquet Member

It's funny how Hubbard managed to create an organization, which (reflective of his own character) could never be friendly nor cohesive: they spend their time policing each other and cutting each other into little pieces.
    /derail
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Anonymous Member

To upload both of these audio clips in a video/radio clip comparing them for criticism and comment about the alteration would be fair use and therefore exempt from copyright restrictions. Just saying it would be pretty exploitable if this could happen.
    I am not a lawyer this is not legal advice etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. JohnnyRUClear Member

The ultimate 1984-style operation here is the Indies' cult trying to whitewash L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology's actual history into something positive. It is entirely appropriate (to that notion, I mean) that they are incapable of perceiving that; Hubbard rewired their brains, IngSoc style, to remove such circuitry. They perfectly exemplify that which they decry.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

I do find it scary when people alter historical records and then hide the alteration. I'm glad someone is pointing this out, even though I don't give a crap about a Hubbard lecture and will never bother to listen to one myself.

Just as Chanology is a small thing fighting a small cult yet might serve as a trial run for something larger down the road, so any 1984 memory hole ops today, if successful, might become a blueprint for larger history re-writes later. Nip that shit in the bud, I say.
  13. CarterUSP Member

I can't imagine what it's like to be a true believer, agreeing in the perfect tech of LRH for the salvation of the galaxy, signing up to serve for a billion years then spending your time in the editing suite altering the perfect tech that all of your hopes for eternity are based on.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

14. Squirrel stinks of snake..........
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Agree. Here they are sneaking around like nobody wouldn't notice these things.

They should call it something like 'The Nicean Council" or "The Diet of Worms" and do it publicly with much ceremony and aplomb. That's what culturally accepted religions do. It's probably mush easier for the faithful to process.

I also agree with the anon poster above. The originals of these docs have value. Does any one know if this item has been posted before?

Indies, exes please get off your asses and post every damn thing you have. Martin Ottman is doin it right. They can't rewrite it if the dox are out in public, and that is where you come in.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. AussieCase Member

• Winner Winner x 1