Customize

[OLD GOSSIP:] Travolta Out of Scientology? Andreas Heldal-Lund Says "Yes!"

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by AnonAnonAndAriston, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Re: [OLD GOSSIP:] Travolta Out of Scientology? Andreas Heldal-Lund Says "Yes!"

Yeah, like lobotomy ala Rosemary Kennedy. :roll:

Scientology is just as bad IMHO.
  2. Daywatch Member

Re: [OLD GOSSIP:] Travolta Out of Scientology? Andreas Heldal-Lund Says "Yes!"

TOM CRUISE LEAVING TOO!!!!

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - CRUISE CRUISING OUT??????

Besides John Travolta, Cruise was one of its most celebrated devotees.
    However the Scientologists (whose founder, the science-fiction writer L Ron Hubbard claimed to have visited Heaven twice) will now have to do without toothsome Tom.

"He has ended his association with the Church for personal reasons," I'm told. "He has given them millions of dollars in the past and he has now made a further very generous donation to end his association with goodwill."

oh wait

Mar. 18, 2001
  3. Relyt Member

lol
  4. Gumbo_DNA Member

Him coming out of the closet can't really hurt his career, not in Hollywood.

Also, if he did leave, it would retro-actively make it up to the Gay community that was angry when he took a traditionally gay role in "Hairspray" away from them.
  5. anonymous3424 Member

Re: Travolta Out of Scientology? Andreas Heldal-Lund Says "Yes!"

doesn't your post right there contain those words?
  6. JMac85 Member

Good, because I still like John Travolta. Even with the crazy, he was still a good actor. If anything he used it to make his roles more believable. After all, he plays a lot of antagonists. Tom, on the other hand, has a serious ego that he's hot shit. He takes his roles way too seriously. Always gotta be the hero.

In an ironic twist, check out Tom's IMDB profile and look at his two most recent projects. Men and Hardy Men. Laying it on a bit thick, isn't he?
  7. monamia Member

His sexuality is his business; he should decline any question that is so personal if he wishes.
    He can RESPOND rather than answer.
    Scientology can be shown to have little credibility; if they out him or bring out people who out him, others can step up to deny scientology's credibility on his behalf.

It would be good though if he wanted to speak out about changes in his life.
    I think for him to speak out would overwhelm his career. Not the same as Jason's situation. Frankly, I think John is smart to keep it private for now if he has in fact left.
    Better to talk after they are more destroyed, IMO.
  8. anon_david Member

haha, oh wow.
  9. Re: [OLD GOSSIP:] Travolta Out of Scientology? Andreas Heldal-Lund Says "Yes!"

Well, according to Jason Beghe, Tom Cruise actually was out for a few years. (Not public about it but not "On-lines")
  10. AnonyFag Member

Well, Travolta was sending the CoS signals for some time....

travoltakiss1cfd1676uq2.th.jpg

And shit, if that wasn't enough, he really telegraphed it with this:

bftravolta1131cff54aedo7.th.jpg

Odds were that John was going to blow CoS because of this stuff... Hubbard, remember, called homosexuals "1.1 on the Tone Scale", so ol' John would be one of the 2.5% "put away quietly and without sorrow" Oh, and that 2.5% is also reserved for those of you sick fucks who like to dabble in leather, rubber, S&M, B&D, D/s, crossdressing, roleplay... According to Hubbard, you're not only sick fucks, but also need to be exterminated. For the good of Homo Novis and all.

It's actually rather lulzy how CoS is like the Roman Catholic curch in this regard... The only acceptable "roles" is that of lights out, missionary position with your clothes on...
  11. AnonyFag Member

Holy shit...... Can anyone Shoop this? It'd be epic fuckkin' will to spread across the tubes...

P.S.: I think my nether regions just twinged thinking about this....
  12. misskittie Member

Would do but I have the IT skills of a 17th century monk, you'll have to make do with my imagination for now :D
  13. JMac85 Member

If no one does it by the time I get home from work, I'll take a crack at it. (I like to use the computer for 10-15 minutes in the morning)
  14. AnonyFag Member

That'd be awesome... I'm in that 17th Century Monk demographic, I'm just a transcriptionist, but my mind's awash with lulzy shoops of the idea a la "The Great Escape", "Dirty Dozen", etc....

P.S.: Daywatch, stop fagging up the thread with your dire warnings. Seen it once, we got it, and are having fun with some idle speculation. Fun... look into it. It gets a little tiring seeing you post nothing but "pics or it didn't happen" smegma all the time and nothing else...
  15. Daywatch Member

fun speculation or theorycrafting is entertaining and lulzy
    people buying rumors wholesale hook line and sinker is worrisome
    I have it on good source that the Co$ and the Jews did 9/11 BTW
    that is all
  16. twistedpuppet Member

I thought the accepted conspiracy theory in that department was that Georgie and Dick did it. :| :tinfoil::mudkip:And on that subject, Penn and Teller say it best:bs:
  17. twistedpuppet Member

Ignore this post, it was originally an accidental double post.
  18. JMac85 Member

Balls, I'm having trouble finding source images. Stupid Google image search...
  19. Magoo Member

Well, I'll tell ya this re JT:

I helped train him, years ago when he first got into Scientology in
    the early '70's (before many of you were even an idea for your parents!)

Ok, then earlier this year I went to a private screening of "HairSpray"
    and John was there. After, he stood up front and people went up to
    talk with him, maybe get an autograph.

He gave me a BIG hug and I just said, "Great job, man".

I know some people will say I should have said blah blah blah---but I
    remember being "in", and talking to people out (For me it was only critics,
    but even when I finally left----it was the people who were nice to me that
    meant the most.....starting with Andreas! It's just SUCH an opposite
    picture of what OSA Pumps about "SPs"---it literally is shocking to find out
    they're actually not like what they've said, AT ALL).

So is he on his way out? Well, considering he donated 1 million dollars to them, recently, I wouldn't say this week----but I also wouldn't be surprised, at all, if he did just ROCK ON OUT!

I hope for his sake, and mostly for his son's who has Autism and is getting
    ZERO medical help he needs..........I hope he leaves SOON.

COME ON JOHNNY>>>>>>>>>>ROCK OVER TO THE FUN SIDE! :alien:
    You didn't get into Scientology to play this shit ass'd game they run, I
    know you didn't.

It's time to break free and truly COME OUT! :cheers:

Tory/Magoo~~
    Burbank, CA
  20. Plups Member

I would think that'd be one of the least appropriate places to say anything other than along the lines of what you did say, especially if he didn't invite such a conversation. Talk about off-putting! You did the right thing and I think it was probably a lovely moment for you both.

I just watched some Welcome Back, Kotter on Youtube and boy I laughed! I have a lot of affection for JT.
  21. anyjane Member

Go John Go!

zvzy9c.jpg
  22. Trinity1978 Member

pics eh?

[IMG]
  23. Ten Tigers Member

I've always liked John Travolta, especially in recent years, (Battlefield Earth notwithstanding), and wish him only the best.
  24. Re: [OLD GOSSIP:] Travolta Out of Scientology? Andreas Heldal-Lund Says "Yes!"

Kicking this thread to say: "Still hoping the best for you JT". When/if he does get out I'll bake a very nice chocolate :cake2: for all to enjoy.
  25. Magoo Member

If John is out.............then Anonymous is "in".

He just donated 1 MILLION Dollars to C of S, recently.

Andreas is speaking about what he *thinks*, due to various discussions.

If he just donated 1 Million Dollars, despite he not really being active "on The Bridge" in quite some time----that is quite a commitment.

I personally hope he wakes up, too, and sees that
    a) He Can be happily Gay/Bi/Whatever and the world would not only accept him,
    They would Cheer him on.
    b) His SON could *Finally* get the medical help HE NEEDS, without the group
    think re 'degraded beings' due to illness.

Johnny---it's time. You're on the TITANIC, and the ICEBERG IS NEAR.

My best :)

Magoo~~~
  26. Nifty Grifter Member

Dear John,

You have already had many respected Hollywood columnists (is that an oxymoron?), famous comedians, and even supposed ex-lovers accuse you of being gay - and it hasn't really stuck or hurt you.

How is the claim going to be taken any more seriously when it comes from what most people in the world think is a "crazy UFO cult"?

Most people believe that CoS will say or do anything to hurt it's critics anyway. You will have no problem convincing them that those loonies are just "making up crap" about you because you have decided to end your support of what you now realize is a dangerous cult, a pyramid scheme, and illegal business enterprise.

Think about it, man, Roman Polanski forcibly sodomized a 13 year old girl - and continues to win awards! Next to that some consensual same sex dalliances between adults is practically a PR boon!

Nothing they say or do is ever going to take "Pulp Fiction" away from you. Because of that movie alone you are the celebrity I most regret having to boycott. If you left CoS I'd watch your movies again even if they released auditing video of you fellating a bison.

It's time to "blow", John - if you will excuse the pun.