Customize

Ok wrote a letter to Mike Farrell and got a quick response! HELP!

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by GooD, Apr 13, 2008.

1. GooD Member

Ok wrote a letter to Mike Farrell and got a quick response! HELP!

I have been randomly sending out mails to randoms.
    Who's Mike Farrell? Think M.A.S.H. and was one of the members of the board of advisers of the "Old CAN".

Here's what I wrote.
    I'm writing to you as an individual who has a deep interest in people determining their own freedoms and living with unmitigated rights.

I urge you, now to consider Scientology and it's well know evil practices. I recently read that you were very supportive of the Cult Awareness Network, with board work and general support. I use the conversion of CAN to the New CAN by the Church of Scientology as a starting point to explain the wicked way the church operates.

Any gesture in this time of increasing pressure would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Love

Here's his response 30 min later

Hello,

Though I'm certainly interested, I'm just not sure what can be done.
    I did write about my experience in my book and I try to keep up with
    what's happening, but beyond that I'm unaware of a way to have an
    impact.

Best,

Mike Farrell

I'm going into holding pattern. Advice?
  2. googoomuck Member

Re: Ok wrote a letter to Mike Farrell and got a quick response! HELP!

Didja invite him to Enturb?
  3. GooD Member

nah not yet, wanted to get a community response first.
    Don't know his computer skillz either :)
  4. MarcabEmpress Member

Perhaps ask if he would be willing ot speak with his local congressperson about the IRS abuses; by targeting their tax exempt status they become financially deflated
    Make sure you have the facts about the IRS exemption down. You can take a day to reply, 'sokay. "Dear Mr Farrell: Thank you for your swift reply. After some deliberation, it seems that you could certainly help reach out to your Congresspeople [names and phones] and alert them to malfeasance betwen the IRS and Scientology [SEE GREY FOX'S SESSIONS THREAD]. By removing the special relationship betwen the IRS and Scienitology, the organization and its many arms will become financially flaccid, thus rendering it, hopefully,permanently impotent."

Anyone else?

Also, you could say quickly "Thanks for writing back so quickly! I'm sending you a longer more measured response, but I did want ot let you know abut the work of Anonymous, xenutv.com, xenu.net, entubulation.org [whoever else], who are working hard to dismantle this group. Thanks!"
  5. GooD Member

Thanks for the quick responses, I'll collate the points made in the OP.

Also just got this separate email

"We're at the Conference on World Affairs and will be out of touch for a week."
    So he's in email contact on the road. my looking at his site he does work with ACLU and comedy as well :)
  6. Kilia Member

Inviting Mike to Enturb would be a very good start. See what he says about it. ok?
    *hugs*
    Kilia
  7. A Nonnamus Member

8. Consensus Member

Seriously, any old-school critics that join us and offer their support and advice are welcome. It's a huge morale booster, and we've certainly learned a thing or two. Having the people that've been doing this for decades helps us as a whole be better prepared for Scientology's tactics.

On the other hand, doing this would make him a target (if he isn't already). Alternatively, he could join us anonymously, as most of us have, and simply contribute when possible. He'd simply be one more person, but numbers count in this game.
  9. Thaeryn Member

You may not want to include both flaccid and impotent in the same sentance when writing to someone of this stature... while the lulz are great, it may be seen as an immature joke.

Interestingly enough, I'm fairly certain you didn't mean it in this way... it's just your "reactive mind" reaching out, amirite? ;)