Customize

Oh my what is this!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sue, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sue Administrator

not paid for, whoops.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PresidentShaw Member

Thanks
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Has anyone figured out how to make the alert messages readable?
    alertmsg.png
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

I can't read them either, so instead I've been reading them at https://whyweprotest.net/community/account/alerts

I use Firefox 19.0, and also can't see who liked or disliked posts.
  5. Horseradish Member

Use Default style.
    White on light yellow is not the most intelligent colour combination.
  6. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  7. rof Member

Yeah, uh, sweetheart?

This ain't workin' and it's not my fault.

flenQrv.jpg
  8. Anonymous Member

Looks like it's been fixed, I get my chosen blue as the background instead of yellow now.
  9. WMAnon Member

I like how screenshots show off how other people are customizing their colors
  10. Anonymous Member

Scratch that. The background seems to be yellow on unread alerts, turns blue after clicking the link to the thread.
  11. snippy Member

The Random Attachments which show dead bodies are upsetting. Please, can't they be filtered to not include the graphic images. Then they would only be Sort of Random, but hey ...
  12. sue Administrator

Yes, NSFW attachments are on the to do list.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Since yesterday I've seen this error when trying to connect to WWP:

whyweprotest.net uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
    ssl2074.cloudflare.com , *.ateliercachet.com , cimacampaigns.org , *.egarena.com , yaloja.com , *.yaloja.com , houstonbeerweek.com , socialappsr.com , panaclips.com , wowgold2k.com , *.socialappsr.com , *.panaclips.com , *.accoutrements.com , thewrestlinggame.com , *.discountdoubleglazing.net , accoutrements.com , mcphee.com , cyberaware.us , *.cimacampaigns.org , *.cyberaware.us , *.americanfinancing.net , *.you2vid.com , ateliercachet.com , weatherholidays.com , egarena.com , *.wowgold2k.com , *.mcphee.com , discountdoubleglazing.net , *.bussoladoinvestidor.com.br , you2vid.com , americanfinancing.net , bussoladoinvestidor.com.br , *.houstonbeerweek.com , *.weatherholidays.com , *.thewrestlinggame.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

I had to manually add an exception in Firefox:
    wwpcert1.png [IMG]

This didn't make the site accessible for me, maybe due to my ForceTLS extension or the site using Strict Transport Security preventing it :(

Sorry I couldn't start a new topic unregistered from another browser.
  14. Anonymous Member

I disabled ForceTLS after deleting the WWP entry and a restart of the browser allowed me back on.
  15. Anonymous Member

13yphk2.jpg.png
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 15j3bq.jpg

I found this glitch

So I clicked on the Big List while not logged in, and when I am on the last page (page 88), I have links to pages 85, 84, 83, and 88. There's no easy way to get to 86 or 87. The "previous" arrow link on the left there takes you to page 85, not page 87.
  17. oops my mistake, the arrow links do work.

it's only the numbers that don't add up.
  18. WMAnon Member

Loving the fix on the main forum list!

I put up some suggestions for images way back on page mumble, any chance of those (or some other ones) going up in the near future? Would having a volunteer to edit images to the right size be in any way useful?

• Like Like x 1
  19. sue Administrator

Yes. If possible in a zip.
  20. WMAnon Member

Okay, saved everything as double size with the proper ratio for those image slots (just in case this theme actually plays nice with retina displays), where do you want the zip?
  21. sue Administrator

Sue@whyweprotest.net
  22. Anonymous Member

An error I get is with "logo.png" messing up/covering the Title of the thread (see below). If I expand the browser window then it goes away.

2uhpf5t.jpg.png
  23. Anonymous Member

I can recreate this error, too. (Chrome, Vista)
  24. fishypants Moderator

Me too. Works ok on Default Style though.
  25. another123 Member

My old linux browser just-doesn't-get the blue layout :confused:, so I use this what's new link (it automatically grabs the old gray layout choice cookie)
  26. Anonymous Member

I noticed an 'info' button on the top right corner of videos. Is this new? Is it something that was added to this forum or was it something that youtube added?

(for all I know this feature could have been here for a while. I usually use the cell phone for browsing and a button like this wouldn't show up)

just curious. thanks
  27. Soo...someone might have raised this before, but...

hCAD89E02.gif

...about those rating buttons --

-- will they be coming back ever? A simple yes or no will do. An explanation would be great.
  28. sue Administrator

Not in the foreseeable future. Less options --besides being the norm-- should work better on mobile devices. Theres also some addons yet to be coded that will work better with a binary style rating.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. ZeroC Member

• Like Like x 2
  30. skeptic2girl Member

I had been successful with giving the extended ratings on mobile devices (iPad/Android) and of course on the desktop.
    If iPhones can't handle them, the iPhone fails at a lot of random stuff.

If it's that people are dealing with a small screen and the buttons are too small for their fingers, well, therein lies the rub of the mobile device, and of fat, sausage-like fingers.

I am not going to pull any of that, "I will go to another site, dang it!!" crapola, because frankly, you got me where you want me, Sue -- BUT the site isn't half as much fun without those ratings buttons - I can't go back to the now-boring thumbs up/thumbs down! Trying to get a post rated as "funny" or "winner" makes me motivated to post. And the "Agree" button is often the perfect, simple response.

And once again, the Events Listing lack-thereof is a serious loss. Not in terms of fun, but in terms of actual necessity.

Could we not just eliminate the auto-repeat function?

tl;dr

I still come here, and still will, but it's not as fun, nor as useful.

Edit: Just now saw the, "Theres also some addons yet to be coded that will work better with a binary style rating." which might solve at least part of my "issue" -- I stopped reading at the ominous phrase, "foreseeable future."
    • Like Like x 3
  31. sue Administrator

Correct
    We did without for years.
    While a nuisance, that was not the issue with that particular addon.
  32. fishypants Moderator

Aw. :(

How about they come back on 'Default Style' but not on the mobile style? That way the mobile users don't get cluttered up, and I get to use 'Funny' sarcastically.
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Anonymous Member

Or you could just go back to using your words to say things?
  34. fishypants Moderator

sad_kitten.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  35. rickybobby Member

Me miss buttons, too. Takes some of the fun out of the whole WWP experience.
    • Like Like x 6
  36. rof Member

You guys are just playing button games with yourselves.

Nobody should have to care which button you pressed and they mostly don't.

Like/dislike spares the trouble of an empty no text LIKE post and that is enough.
  37. Pinkman Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  38. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  39. fishypants Moderator

[IMG] Agree
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.