Customize

Oh my what is this!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sue, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

You're never alone with a glass of scotch. :p
    • Like Like x 3
  2. sue Administrator

That always comes in handy yes.
  3. Anonymous Member

I'm sure this has been mentioned but I revert back to the old style upon logging in.
  4. Anonymous Member

5. rickybobby Member

I did this, and for some strange reason, all of a sudden the Dome reverted back to the blue theme. Just the Dome. Everything else has retained it's old school style. I don't MIND it, cuz it's sort of like warning strips on the side of the road after a few drinks....

BEWARE YOU ARE IN THE DOME
    • Like Like x 1
  6. eddieVroom Member

I forgot where to put these.

thunderdome.379.jpg
    thunderdome379.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  7. eddieVroom Member

News and Current Events
    newsandcurrentevents17.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  8. eddieVroom Member

Situation Rooms
    situationrooms435.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Random guy Member

The function to erase your account sounds usefull, but I'd be really happy to have the old button set back, if it is not too much trouble.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. OTeleventy Member

[Agree]
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Ogsonofgroo Member

X3, it saves so much explainings. A 'wtf' button addition would be a most welcome addition imho.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. White Tara Global Moderator

That like was actually a laugh Og. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ogsonofgroo Member

And a working "Top' button just beside the pages nums?, getting 'scoll-elbow', fk.

My pleasure Tara, where'd it go? *confusion*
  14. The default font is too light for my eyes. The font style is fine but I need a darker, larger point size or perhaps version of the same font family.

I like the basic color themes and they seem to work well.
  15. Random guy Member

You can regulate the general font size for your browser yourself by hitting Ctrl + or Ctrl - util you get the size that suits you.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Yes, thank, you have tried that and it works up to a point but I think my issue is more with the default font weight in the general style sheet. I've made some adjusts for the time being for this site.

Thank you again for the suggestion.
  17. White Tara Global Moderator

Ok, point taken slaps hand for gross Hypocrisy. :)
    /derail pls.
  18. Horseradish Member

[WINNER]
    [FUNNY]
    [DUMB]
    [AGREE]
    [DISAGREE]

are sorely missed.
    'Like' is a Facebook sentiment appropriate to the judging of popcorn.
    • Like Like x 4
  19. raboon Member

I just assume all my posts are automatically tagged as winner.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

Hey Sue. the site is fucking great these days. No problems with the "page not found" anymore. Things load and I surf with ease. Going back to the like/dislike is nice. no more seperate tone level for each post. and the fact that the likes are hidden from view turns out to be a nice way of staying anon if you want.

carry on
    • Like Like x 2
  21. sue Administrator

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. raboon Member

23. rickybobby Member

[AGREE]
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

25. sue Administrator

I don't mind particularly, it's more intended for those that either want to quit or for example remove potentially sensitive information from the database. The latter could prove useful, considering compromise --in spite of being on top of security updates-- always remains a possibility.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. PresidentShaw Member

I been using the site a lot less since the new layout. Someone mentioned a way to revert it back to old layout with a button I think. is that still possible?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

28. maybe
  29. fishypants Moderator

bottom left of screen, click Metro then Default Style
  30. lurk moar
  31. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Ok... what is this Development fund for?
  32. Development
  33. fishypants Moderator

I'm assuming that new features are developed using the purchase of beer, and this fund is to pay for the beer.

Seems like a good system to me.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I was looking for more specifics than the obvious. What developments exactly?

The link said that they were going to spend $30-$50/hr for a developer. I was hoping that Sue would expand or at least show more info.
  35. sue Administrator

As the name may suggest, software development.
  36. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I was curious about the specifics. Like: Software for the site management? Webpage dev? An App? Resource management?

I hadn't found a thread explaining any of it so I figured I'd be a crash dummy and ask.
  37. sue Administrator

All of the above, one step at a time. Priorities right now are on integrated wiki, automation of mod / admin tasks, improved attachments and image inclusion. Note: these are not paid for as of yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

You mean they are paid for now, or have not been paid for yet? Kind of a confusing statement there... or I need to drink moar coffee.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.