Customize

Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by lulznw, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Jack Parsons Member

Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

Yeah, I read on some FZ website that part of auditing training is practicing on stuffed animals, and making up bearish "overts" and "withholds" to run out - stealing honey in a time of famine, etc.
  2. Anon Y. Mouse Member

I don't care if it is a pyramid scheme or not. It is still one hell of a big scam that destroys people.
  3. aluminumcanoe Member

In a lot of ways, it's more like a drug cartel than a pyramid scheme, where the money flows up to people who are not hooked to the product being sold. Field auditors might be able to make a decent living by doing paid audits and regs (hypothetical, since I don't know what their intake rate is like these days), if they were spending what they made on necessities for living. Instead, like street pushers, they're turning around and using the money they get to buy more product for themselves, as well as passing a percentage of their sales to their supplier.

There is a product that is avidly being bought and sold, even though an objective observer might qualify it as totally worthless. Everything is a commodity if there is a demand. The only real profits are made by the people high on the ladder who don't partake, or who only partake minimally, or who are the source providers. There's no indication that Miscavige actually believes any of the bullshit he's presiding over, otherwise we wouldn't have seen the Golden Ages of Tech. He's the drug lord and he's not using (using Scientology anyway, he could be on drugs), so all the profits go up to him, in the end.
  4. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

imo it IS a pyramid scam, the "services" given are tokens nothing more and have NO value.
    the amount of money taken in by this scaming Cult is totally out of proportion to the tokens given.
    and those already caught in its tentacles, are exhorted to snare others.

whats actually delivered ie books tapes photocopies of lrh's handwriting, are when compared to the extraordinary amount of money given, rendered almost valueless in that context.
    and considering the "intellectual property" contained within these tokens is all rubbish anyway, they are worth little more than the media they are printed on.
    so we are back to money, money and more money, make money and make others make money for the scheme.

if the "services" delivered are not worth the media ie paper they are printed on, then its all about the money and one sided

the cult fits my definition of a pyramid scheme
  5. anon345 Member

The issue is whether it fits any lawyer/government agency's definition. It doesn't. Therefore not helpful/useful, and actively damages our credibility.

Let's stick to exposing it for the scam it is.
  6. AnonMSW Member

Dunno if it's a pyramid scheme, but last I heard nobody made commission for getting people to join and "donate" to a church.
  7. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

More Obelisk Scheme than Pyramid.
  8. Silent Member

obelix666.jpg

OBELIKS YOU SAY!?
  9. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

LOL
    Nope
    The scientology obelisk scheme wouldn't be very tall and is getting shorter evry day.
    tutmosis.gif
  10. anonnews Member

I am developing the same opinion. Too many posts that do nothing more than distract.
  11. RHill Member

Since the "12 1/2 Hour Intensive Auditing" qualifies for "Charitable contribution deductions," I wonder what portion is deducted on the buyer's tax filing. It can't be more than 10%, right, since 90% of what he paid goes directly in the pocket of the individual that sold him the service (as per ad.)
  12. Re: Official Scientology site announces it is a pyramid scam

Just a small update: it looks like the scientology-asho.org domain no longer resolves -- it still exists, but the three DNS servers that are supposed to be authoritative for it no longer have any records for it.

Oddly enough though, scientology-asho.net still works.

I have no idea what this means, but I thought it was odd.