Customize

[Oct 15, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Washington D.C., DC)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by MrAnonization, Jul 11, 2011.

1. skeptic2girl Member

but seriously, how hot does it get?
    some of us SF Fags realized at the last San Jose raid - a sunny day raid - that our bodies are really, really used to night raids in SF!

believe me, me and moog are coming anyway, (with tons of water) but should I just pray for snow?

it's still hot here in October, but I wasn't sure about D.C.
  2. 3rdMan Member

We are getting 60 degree weather. Not sure how long that will last tho. Also how r people on finding hotels?
  3. 3rdMan Member

We'll I'll give hotel advice anyways. Do NOT get DC-located hotels. You will be paying too much. Get hotels located in Virginia or Maryland but ones that offer shuttle services to the Metro system. Or are within walking distance.
    Stay out of Southeast DC. It is a warzone in terms of crime and shootings.
    Learn the metro system before you head over so you can navigate. Driving in DC is hell.
  4. skeptic2girl Member

Yes! I used priceline and indeed the rates of hotels/motels/anywhere in D.C. was exorbitant but like you said, a bit aways was all right.

I'm thinking that if we need suggestions about where to say, we should PM you, so as to not to advertise where we're staying to protect ourselves from lurkers.
  5. 3rdMan Member

Okay quick tutorial for newcommers. To get to the Idle Org you have to take the metro station to Dupont Circle. I cannot give you instructions on how to get to Dupont Circle (self reliance must be practiced in learning the metro here).

Short version:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Connecticut Ave. & 19th St. NW washington dc&daddr=16th & P NW washington dc&hl=en&ll=38.909318,-77.040081&spn=0.008365,0.013754&sll=38.908445,-77.040745&sspn=0.008365,0.013754&geocode=FTq0UQId5mho-yklViC4x7e3iTEZQMPFla30Eg;Fce2UQId4INo-ylBIAYJwbe3iTGqo4ywD1vvnQ&vpsrc=0&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

1. Exit dupont circle at Connecticut Ave. & 19th St. NW. (NOT Q Street)
    2. You will be facing away from Dupont Circle when you ascend the escalator. Dupont circle will be right behind you.
    3. Head towards the circle and bear right going along the circle until you see P - Street
    4. Take a right onto P Street
    5. You will eventually arrive at 16th and P Street with the Idle Org on the right side. You'll know your close when you see a CVS and basketball courts to your left.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MrAnonization Member

So do we have status on some kind of sound system?
  7. MrAnonization Member

Also Current Questions:
    Maxxi, how many are you bringing?
    Also is anyone else bringing extras and did not list it in their RSVP?
  8. skeptic2girl Member

do you mean a mike or for music?
  9. skeptic2girl Member

Tulu and Luna C are "maybes" -- hopefully they can come, but it depends if they can get the money together --
    adhocrat is thinking of coming
    Let there be Love might also come

so from SF:
    *2 for sure
    *4 maybes
  10. 3rdMan Member

We can always default to the troll-speaker. We will work on getting something better. 4 speakers would be better. Mike is possible again I have to inquire with DC Anons cause I remember someone bringing something like those before.
  11. skeptic2girl Member

anonsparrow: adhocrat from Chanology SF (he's also, with the same name, on wwp) -- is trying to decide whether or not to go to D.C. I think he SHOULD, don't you? He's something of a *fan* of yours... if you get in contact with him, it might lure him in the right direction ;)
  12. 3rdMan Member

If anyone needs the long version to get to the org. Let me know.
  13. anonsparrow Member

I'm a bigger fan of his than he is of me!

So adhocrat, if you're reading this, (I know you're reading this), c'mon c'mon c'mon! We can have tech wars and I can give you a tour of the L. Ron Hubbard House! (via their website on my laptop standing out front). It would be totally theta! :D
  14. 3rdMan Member

Got confirmation of a speaker system compliments of a dcfag. Looking into generators for rent nao. To note, we will need a dcfag to make a gas run sense the generator is least likely to run the full 8 hours.

And no spare gas cans, pls. Not good to have those present at a demonstration.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. anonsparrow Member

Sweet! I love musics!

3rdMan I'll have you distract RadioPaul while I siphon gas out of his truck. Tell him why you think the government should repeal the 2nd Amendment.
  16. Mark Cabian Member

17. MrAnonization Member

Oh there could be a LITTLE problem with that we might want a plug in generator, and maybe see if we can borrow one of DC's outdoor outlets then we will only need extension cords.
    Gas is an iffy thing =/
  18. lostatsea Member

LOL. Yeah, that would work nicely. ;) *waves to RP*
  19. 3rdMan Member

lmao
  20. 3rdMan Member

Can't find an outlet there. Its okay it uses little gas.
  21. MaidOfWin Member

We've had generators at raids before, and the fact they run on gas hasn't been an issue, they're just too expensive to rent every month and the one we usually get only lasts 3.5-4 hours. I'm also thinking of just splurging and renting two so we don't have to fuck around with a gas run. Or maybe they have one with a bigger tank, I'll check.

Put together my dress & shoes ensemble at the thrift store tonight, this dress has seen better days but that's why it was $5. And I won't feel bad if I destroy it dancing.
  22. skeptic2girl Member

M of W,

I can help chip in a little for that (easier to do when I get there, though, just in cash)...

ALSO, is it a prom dress?!
  23. MaidOfWin Member

I guess it's more of a homecoming dress? It's more floral than solid-color. The actual good-condition prom dresses were like $40, I mean, shit!
  24. skeptic2girl Member

I love the idea of dancing until a dress is just SHOT!
  25. skeptic2girl Member

Just hit the thrift store yesterday and stocked up for Halloween AND got a prom dress.

this mega-raid is going to be classy, all right :)

PS: It occurs to me, it might be a good idea to start up a private convo on here and *invite* people as needed -- then we could talk openly about places to stay and stuff like that.
  26. MrAnonization Member

Guess who sprained his ankle :D!
  27. 3rdMan Member

WE HAS A PERMIT!

But no pavilion tent. Police forbade it.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. 3rdMan Member

Okay got an idea from another Anon. We need 2 things if can be provided.

1) Cheap laptop or tablet computer
    2) 3G connection through the laptop or tablet (tethering works too)

Results: We can set up a petition action station at the table to offer to passing folk to sign the petition.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. anonsparrow Member

Great idea!
  30. hunterkll Member

It was NEVER a problem before.

Also, I can provide a shitton of connectivity in re internets and shit.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. hunterkll Member

Make that, as well, a laptop that can provide dual monitor capability (Someone bring an LCD?) (it's a quad i7, 8GB ram, 1TB disk space, etc etc etc, will do all we need. if you bring two LCDs I can do 3x monitors, one HDMI, one the laptop, and one VGA, you bring VGA and HDMI cables, please, i can't transport my LCD on a motorcycle...), as well as a 7" tablet, and a cellphone for tethering or mobile use (that i've used to stream the protests before, if anyone remembers what I used to do.... ;) )

I also have a sim card if anyone has a spare android device with an unlimited data plan, that you can use Qik to record/stream on, or provide extra data hotspot/connectivity.

If anyone brings a firewire compatable laptop and some MiniDV tapes, I will provide camera that can record to tape and stream to the laptop at the same time (my laptop does not have firewire, though I have machines that do at home ... like my beast of an overkill dual xeon rackmount router....)

If anyone can think of any other logistical/IT needs, please say in thread, and i'll do what I can.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. MrAnonization Member

I like the idea of a rally stream, but make sure you give URL much prior
  33. MaidOfWin Member

Oh my gawwwwd

I have none of those things, also a lot of that might be overkill, but you are awesome

Petition station wouldn't need more than a tethered laptop, but livestreaming would also be pretty great if we can swing it
  34. skeptic2girl Member

^talking as a Luddite, what about *old school* pen and ink petitions? I would be willing to turn them in to the proper place...
  35. 3rdMan Member

PM me we can arrange transportation.
  36. hunterkll Member

Remember, the live streaming gig would need a -laptop with a *firewire port*- and the providing of 2-3 minidv tapes. (prefferably a mac ;) )
  37. hunterkll Member

It won't allow me to PM you.
  38. 3rdMan Member

Okay listing stuff:
    1. Laptop w/ x2 Monitor Capability (I can provide an LCD if necessary, but it cannot tilt, which can make things difficult)
    2. 1 Tablet
    3. 1 Tethering cellphone

A) Laptop Display and keyboard for petitioning
    B) LCD display for displaying enturbulating info
    C) Tablet for other stuff?

However if we do bring a monitor, we will need a glare shield for both displays. Outdoors it is very difficult to see what is on a monitor compared to indoors.

Any who bring equipment are advised to use anti-theft protection sense this is downtown DC.
  39. MrAnonization Member

MASK EMERGENCY:

My mask has shattered into many pieces, and i am in dire need for a replacement is there any chance i may borrow/use someones mask and if willing i can pay you the price of the mask cause idk if the mask will come in time if i order it now
  40. 3rdMan Member

Find the nearest costume shop and you can usually find a guy fawkes mask. You can also order them off of Amazon.com