Customize

[Oct 13, 2012] Chicago Scientology protest for October (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Sep 5, 2012.

1. anonymous612 Member

Let's talk about your falling numbers.

Peter Mansell, Director of Special Affairs at Flag, says there are only 1000 scientologists in the Tampa Bay area.

Note that he didn't say 1000 in the city of Clearwater, which Flag is in. He said Tampa Bay. There are about SEVEN cities in the Tampa Bay area. And Clearwater is the SMALLEST and is still 110,000 people. 400,000 in the city of Tampa. So a few MILLION people in the entire area.

And your own experts report only 1000 of those millions of people are scientologists. Enjoy being 0.00001% of the population, Culty Culter McCultenstein.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Paladin Member

Speaking for myself, I don't care if you open churches in other places. I am only concerned about the Chicago area where I live and can actively protest.

The mission in the Chicago suburb of Des Plaines doesn't exist any more. The Chicago Ideal Org is still vacant. According to a former Chicago Org staff member, the City of Chicago has set a deadline for the Ideal Org to be brought up to code or sold. When we protest at the org or at a fundraising event, very few public Scientologists are present. The org building itself appears to be falling apart. The few staff members we see look very sad and avoid us.

Your ship is sinking. If you wish to go down with your ship rather than find a lifeboat, that is your choice.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Not to throw a wrench into the plans, but right now rain is predicted on Saturday. At the moment, they're thinking it's supposed to start rolling in during the afternoon and start getting pretty heavy/widespread during the evening and night.

I was wondering if maybe anyone else wanted to bump up the starting time, depending on how the forecast is shaping up. I don't wanna screw up the plans for anyone if they were already set in stone for a certain time of the day, but I have a feeling most people won't want to be out there in heavy showers if we could've avoided it.

Obviously the forecast is a few days away, so it's not very accurate yet, but just throwing the idea out there. It wouldn't kill me to start at 11 or 10 me, but I'm flexible. Let me know what you guys think.

Anyone thinking of going may wanna keep an eye on this thread for potential updates/clarifications on the starting time...
  4. Paladin Member

The last I heard on the weather is that it will rain on and off all day with the heavy stuff west and north of the city. I'm flexible too but it may be difficult to pick a time when it will not be raining. I can also protest next Saturday and we can hope it will be sunny then.
  5. Dra Member

Whatever time this Saturday works for me. Can't do next Saturday though, but if I miss one, I miss one...
  6. SkunkSkirt Member

I can't do next saturday, but I can do almost any time this saturday.
  7. Anonymous Member

and yet here you are, bwahahaha
  8. Anonymous Member

new churches = real estate investments purchased under religious cloaking
  9. McLOVIN_1982 Member

new churches = real estate investments purchased under religious cloaking = MisCabbage golden parachute :-(
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 8rc38.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. No way I can do a different Saturday either. In general I would personally try to avoid changing the date entirely on short notice anyway. That never seems to work out well.

I guess I'm hearing that there's supposed to be rain in the morning and then in the afternoon/evening too... Who really knows, though, because it's still a couple days away. With luck, we'll hit some a clear spell in the middle of the day. If not, we'll just go anyway. We can make the rain fun.

I say we just rock the 2 pm start and hope for the best. Gird your loins.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Running postulation for clear skies for you...done, have fun guys.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

"postulation" is not a real Scientology word. TO THE CLAY TABLE WITH YOU.
  14. Random note to avoid any confusion, remember that we start at 2 tomorrow.

2 2 2 2 2

We've had a huge stretch of dry protest days, so we've been so lucky. We can't complain if there's some rain tomorrow. Put your wallet in a sandwich bag and bring an umbrella, and see you there!
  15. Ethernals Member

Yep it is hard to find dedicated members ha so you harass those who are. It takes 5 every month to make your org empty. Who's truth hurts more?