Customize

#OccupyWallStreet Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnonCMD, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonCMD Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ersatz Global Moderator

It is standing policy at WWP to dome all planner threads. I'll give you a few minutes to gather your things then its is off to the darkness. Unless of course you can prove this isn't a planner op that is...
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ersatz Global Moderator

Well AnonCMD, since you didn't respond I moved your thread and did my own homework. It seems the planners have co opted this idea, without much direction as to what they wish to achieve. Other groups started this, namely Adbusters.
    fist.jpg

Code Pink is involved as well, info here: http://codepink.nationbuilder.com/1003/occupy_wall_street

And of course USDOR is actively involved, including training in nonviolent protesting
    http://www.usdayofrage.org/

Maybe read this article for an interesting perspective (or any if you are a planner)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-schneider/occupy-wall-street_b_961374.html

I am moving this thread back because in error I thought Occupy Wall Street was a planner op.
    It clearly is not.
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Anon Gin Member

K
    Wait and see.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ersatz Global Moderator

This looks to be a legitimate OP by some serious groups, lets not let the fact that WITP is joining in take away from it.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. WhiteNight Member

• Like Like x 7
  9. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Glenn Beck Member

It's going to be just like Egypt's Day of Rage. The beautiful people are going swarm Wall St. just like they did in Tahrir Square. The tanks will roll in and support the beautiful people. Overtime, in the face of the dauntless, defiant, and resolute solidarity, the evil capitalist will capitulate and surrender everything to the righteous and intellectually superior yutes. There will finally be world peace and justice for all.

It's going to be beautiful man.
    • Like Like x 11
  11. WhiteNight Member

This (I fucking lol'd)
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Ersatz Global Moderator

It is shaping up to be full of fail.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

LOL yeah, make a sign demanding the return of the gold standard. What a waste of time. How can anyone take this shit seriously? You're giving naive people a bad name. On the positive side, you'll be able to get a really great Ruben sandwich with ... oh yeah ... with dollars.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

haha.
    gonna date myself, here. On the 50th anniversary of Black Tuesday(the 1929 collapse of the market)-- Oct 29, 1979, a group of us occupied Wall St in front of the NYSE. The lying press wrote that we didn't disrupt the market, but it opened 45 minutes late that day.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 10
  16. Anonymous Member

And those "silly hippies" put an end to new plants that used radio-isotopes to boil fucking water to turn steam turbines. This photo was taken on the south side of the Seabrook nuclear plant that was then under construction on 13th Oct, 1979.
    1006.1979_Seabrook-Protest.jpg

FTR, it took state police agencies from 5 states, and the New Hampshire National Guard to end the action at Seabrook.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

They were the Minions of Big Coal.
    • Like Like x 7
  18. ItchyScratchy Member

We shall see, it might actually turn out lulzy.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

People are gathering,and in large numbers.
    This has the potential to be much bigger then i thought.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. ItchyScratchy Member

You got 1600+ viewers atm on the ustream feed so...maybe.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. fallingspider Member

I'm watching the US Day of Rage protests which are forming in cities outside of NY. I'm getting ready to go to the one in my city, and at least take pics of what happens. Should i make a report on here somewhere when I get back?
    • Like Like x 3
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

Watching it with awe. What a conglomeration of people this is. NWO faggots, old protest fags, young fags who have no idea wtf and a general mess of folks who are all protesting different things.Just watched one protester yell at another one to gtfo his protest. This will not end well.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. lulzgasm Member

I'm pretty sure I already did in an above post....

Edit: Damn! I confused this for a similar thread.

Rephrase:

I'm pretty sure I already did in another thread....

Edit: Maybe I should've read the rest of the thread before I posted....

Proceeding to facepalm myself.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. lulzgasm Member

Isn't chaos beautiful. hehehehehe......
    • Like Like x 3
  28. heres hoping others from all over the world will do the same.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  31. DeathHamster Member

http://gothamist.com/2011/09/17/anonymouss_occupation_of_wall_stree.php
    What Is The Demand .. facepalm.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  32. Anonymous Member

Yes!
    • Like Like x 2
  33. ItchyScratchy Member

• Like Like x 4
  34. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 8
  35. James Spader Member

Even if this op turns out to be fairly wacky, as seems likely, if you look at it in terms of a small outburst in a sea of potential it probably can't hurt.
    • Like Like x 6
  36. ItchyScratchy Member

I'd get into a discussion that some times people do shit for the lulz but I don't want to upset 612 :)
    • Like Like x 1
  37. James Spader Member

I don't know what the 612 inference is, anyhow she's mostly busy raeping moonbats on witp's irc atm. I'm for the lulz myself, but watching the livestream of this, uh, event, I don't see any, just some guy complaining about somebody else ripping up the LaRouchers' signage (and if they're there...). When I say wacky I mean mostly out of wack.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

One interview was with a guy who went on about the Nwo/Rothschilds and so on.
    But still sort of glad the protest happened anyway.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. lulzgasm Member

Yeah. Over the years, I've noticed the LaRouchers tend to act...culty.
    • Like Like x 3
  40. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.