Customize

#OccupyWallStreet and Fox News

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

From just 5 posts above yours:

Lurk moar.
  2. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I don't visit the Fox News site so I wouldn't know... or care.
  3. Anonymous Member

Find source material that actually says that, or pay real close attention to who is spreading the forced Occupy Rape meme.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Anon_Jon Member

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/11/01/...l-street-protesters-dont-report-it-to-police/

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-raped-at-occupy-cleveland-protest,0,2093122.story
    http://thefeministwire.com/2011/11/occupy-rape-culture/

http://www.breitbart.tv/occupybaltimore-rape-victim-begs-for-protest-to-be-shut-down/

Who knows how many of them are true, but even if one is, it's one too many.
  5. ItchyScratchy Member

The sources you are posting are kinda funny. In other news did Glenn Beck rape and murder some girl in the past?

I especially liked the feministwire. Damn rape culture.
  6. Anon_Jon Member

just google "occupy rape" .. All I know about Glenn Beck is that I can't stand to listen to him talk.
  7. ItchyScratchy Member

Why when I can just call down or stop by tomorrow and ask a couple of my hommies how the surprise rape is coming along.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You're letting Fox News shape your opinion, they don't work for you. They work for the people fucking you in the ass every day. If there's rape going on then there WILL be an investigation. I think most people are skeptical because its all coming from right wing sources. And, we all know how credible those "sources" are.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kilia Member

Well, it's too bad that Fox couldn't be taken down, at least for a few minutes.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. the anti Member

i think that was back in 1990
  11. Glenn Beck Member

Actually it goes back to the early '80's. Now, I have something very important to tell you, son.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

None of your sources support "This shit about not going to authorities for rape". What do you think you're doing here, seriously?
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anon_Jon Member

I don't watch MSM, well at least not for news. I watch MSM for entertainment, and to see how bad they're fucking up the OWS. If you'll notice, I cited left and right wing sources (I don't think it gets much more left than thefeministwire.com...), so I'm not really sure what you meant to accomplish with your first sentence.

Which Occupy?

Your fingers broke, seriously?

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980642621

The wording here is very definitely sketchy. There is no reason to have that tidbit in the pamphlet at all. Reporting rape to the Occupy security committee? Yeah, because I'm sure they have the equipment for forensic analysis of your spunk-covered labia.

I can see how this is being twisted, in order to invalidate the movement, but whoever is writing this lit needs to utilize a proof-reader.

Oh, and here's some more rapige for ya: http://www.verumserum.com/?p=32021
  14. Anonymous Member

Go to the police? Why? So they can get vanned and raped again?
  15. Anonymous Member

Walk up to the riot cops, no. go to precinct, yes.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anon_Jon Member

yeah agreed. the riot cops at most occupies act like gladiators hopped up on crack and roids.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. This writer Rosemary Kitchen is kind of a moron:

Rosemary Kitchen Oct 23, 2011, 9:57pm EDT

Yeah, I do. You are absolutely right. I think this whole thing is deplorable and almost cult-like. Okay, so the cops ticked them off, this should not cause them to hinder a victim from reporting sexual assault. This pamphlet makes me sick.

Rosemary commented on the post News Crew Covering Occupy Wall Street Maced by Natasha Puryear Nov 06, 2011 8:12AM EST
    "Bloomberg is probably tucked away safely in his home. I don't completely agree with OWS either, but would never even start to think about harming people who were part of the movement."
    • Like Like x 1
  18. xenubarb Member

You're puzzled?
    "They" don't want you to have weed.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. xenubarb Member

The reason they're unemployed is one of the things we're addressing. Remember the housing bubble? I just read an article that suggests student loans are about to be the next big thing, bubble-wise.

So you'd better think twice about getting a student loan. It's a gamble that you'll graduate, get a job, start paying it back. Nice system, except the middle part is broken. No job, no payback. And these loans will follow you, they aren't forgiven.

Higher education costs are about to get higher as speculators feed on the student loan market. Will your BA be worth it, or has it become barely more desirable than a high school graduation certificate?
  20. Anonymous Member

If your savings were with Bank of America, wooooosh, they're now betting your retirement on the dog food horses.

Doesn't the underside of your mattress seem like a safer investment every day?

It used to be that "bank" and "hookers and blow" didn't happen together. Now it does. Is that right?
    • Like Like x 1
  21. fallingspider Member

The student loan bubble is a seriously problem, but it has it's very own bailout written into how the program works. It won't be an easy bubble to rupture, but at this point if it goes it's going to make the housing market look like a walk in the park. About 6 months ago I read an article that stated the student loan bubble is 12 time larger then the housing market, and it's only going to continue to grow, combine that with the fact that it's our government that is going to be left holding the bag... The only thing I can think of that would make it pop would extended and widespread unemployment that drag on for years until a significant portion of the population is forced into default...good thing that's not happening right now.
  22. Anon_Jon Member

Our student loans (of which I have a ton) are going to shit. You CAN get out of them, but only if you file bankruptcy and you can only do that if you can prove that paying the loans would cause you and your family "undue hardship," which, I think, would be easy enough to accomplish. Easy enough to prove IMO.

http://www2.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/DCS/disputes.html#Bankruptcy

Here is a very, very good video everyone here should watch :)

My wife and I are losing retirement savings (IRA) at a rate of 8% annually, so yeah, the mattress sounds infinitely better IMO.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anon_Jon Member

24. eddieVroom Member

#opfoxhunt is fail

amdissapoint.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Kilia Member

26. lulzgasm Member

Hell, Kasich in Ohio is already planning to up the tuition costs for OSU.
  27. Anon_Jon Member

Kasich is the man, man. He de-criminalized non-violent drug offenders, allowing them to go free if already incarcerated and in the future sentencing them to rehab instead of hard time. Win.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2011/06/ohio_gov_john_kasich_signs_sen.html

The former Ohio governor got rid of our Ohio Collegiate Grant, which winded up costing me about an extra 10K.

How much is tuition being raised at OSU? (Second time this year, right?) He's cutting state-aid to ALL public Ohio schools though, so don't think OSU is the only one getting hit :(

If Ohio can balance a checkbook, and our deficit decreases enough, then Kasich will win 2x in my mind.
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

From Twitter:

NoamChomski Noam Chomski
    Do not wait for the corporate news machines to become fair and balanced. Make and report your own news to the people around you.
    2 hours ago
    • Like Like x 2
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

AnonyOps Anonymous
    NYPost attack piece today about OWS mentions 9/11 memorial being defaced. At the very bottom, they admitted they weren't protestors.
    3 minutes ago
    • Like Like x 1
  30. jesus christ.
  31. xenubarb Member

Then allow me to pitch you an investment that won't fail, gold bullion. Oh wait, yes, I see you want to buy gold bars, but look here, we have these coins that will appreciate even more than the bullion! (kinda like those collectible plates from the Franklin Mint that were supposed to skyrocket in value. Ya never hear about those any more.)

So, I'll just scratch out 'bullion' on your order and sign you up for some nice coins, okay?
  32. Anon_Jon Member

Are you high?
  33. Anonymous Member

Wow. This is completely and utterly disgusting. I am ashamed for the America that tolerates this.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

OccupyWallStNYC #OCCUPYWALLSTREET
    “[Anthony Bologna] is the best captain in this neighborhood for five years. No better human being than him,” -@FoxNews foxnews.com/us/2011/11/11/…
    12 minutes ago
  35. telomere Member

36. xenubarb Member

Hell, no! I wouldn't invest in gold coins!
  37. Anonymous Member

How soon we forget.

38. Anonymous Member

Dude. The America is a big place. Can you be more specific plox?
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

NoamChomski Noam Chomski
    The mass media tries to entertain you with thoughts of happiness while distracting you from the misery of the exploited worker.
    5 minutes ago
  40. The Wrong Guy Member

Hartmann: Whatever Occupy Wall Street Costs - It's Worth It!

Rubert Murdoch's New York Post accuses Occupy Wall Street of hurting local businesses. But what hurts local businesses even more? What's a reasonable price to pay to ensure that the bankster 1% doesn't destroy our economy again? In my Daily Take, I'll tell you why whatever Occupy Wall Street costs, it's well worth it.