Customize

Occupy’s Radicalism Prompts Disdain From Liberal Class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adam zygote, Dec 3, 2011.

1. adam zygote Member

2. Anonymous Member

Which Occupy?
  3. Anonymous Member

I was told there would be many.
  4. Anonymous Member

Is the radical Occupy the real one? Or the other one?
  5. Anonymous Member

Which way are you beginning to feel, OP?
  6. Anonymous Member

Wot radicalism?
  7. Anonymous Member

I planned an answer to this bullcrap from this guy named Frank Miller: http://frankmillerink.com/. And here it is.

frankmillerhitler.jpg

After the facist crap he wrote on his web site, that's the way he must been seen by everybody. Enjoy.
  8. lulzgasm Member

Frankie's old and crotchety. That, and his last book didn't sell well, so he's even more crotchety than usual. Even his own fans are giving him the third degree. Pay him no mind. He's senile.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. adam zygote Member

i agree with the following statement. "A working class backlash against Occupy would be ruinous for the movement and for the country. An entire generation of Reagan Democrats was created by the Anti-Vietnam War movement, which often went too far and looked too hard for moral purity when, in reality, there's no such thing." i know a lot of working class people who want nothing to do with the occupy movement for a number of reasons. their sentiment is that they go to work every day to try to make a living and to take care of their families even though their job sucks and they are paid a shabby wage and receive few or no benefits. the union busting in wisconsin affected almost everyone i know. they want things to change but they are alienated by the stereotype that is starting to become prevalent in the occupy movement. they see the movement as a bunch of lazy hippies and "i'm smarter than you" college students who want everything and don't want to do anything for it. reports of people overdosing and round the clock drum circles in the encampments don't help the image of occupy one bit. the working class is looking at occupy as a big party and at it's members as hippies and professional protesters with nothing better to do. i am not saying that is how i feel, i am saying that is how the working class sees occupy. and we need the working class on our side. these folks work their asses off and are getting the big shaft for it and they are not going to identify with a group that they feel is out to get a bunch of free shit. i personally, don't want anything for free, i want the opportunity to make a decent life for myself, that is what the occupy movement means to me. i want my work to benefit me, not some wallstreet douche or some billionaire ceo, i want it to benefit me. i understand that it takes money to run all this and i'm willing to pay my fair share but i don't think that the working class should pay the bulk of the taxes. i believe that some kind of public image campaign will be necessary to keep the working class from becoming further alienated. without the working class, it's already over.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. adam zygote Member

i just read frank millers article from the above link and it's a big pile of shit. he's a big fucking douche, and he is the problem i'm talking about. that is how a big chunk of the working class see's occupy. that has to change. so, how do you get the working class to side with a group that they see as a bunch of deadbeats. again, that is not my view, that is the view of a lot of the people who should be on our side.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP, can you see how much easier it is to read your post?

Just a few punches of a return key and voila, a text that's almost good enough to eat.

/sarcasm
    /derail
    • Like Like x 1
  12. adam zygote Member

gotcha, paragraphs.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Yeah, way more fun than walls-of-text! :)
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

Yep. Occupy militants, or whatever the fuck they are, should use their free time to study the history of the New Left, and especially its decline.
    You need to do some deep thinking about the concept of coalition building, maybe look at where it's been done successfully in recent political activism. Also, what is this working class you refer to? It's been ages since the US economy revolved on actually making stuff here. Maybe give more thought to who the people you are trying to draw in are and what their lives look like. Where is the common ground?
    • Like Like x 3