Customize

NYC - April 5th

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by MrMatrix, Mar 31, 2008.

1. MrMatrix Member

NYC - April 5th

http://nycanon.org/wiki/index.php5?title=Anonymous_of_NYC

April 5th is going to be yet another flier blitz hosted by yours truly, Anonymous!

Simply visit the site and scroll down to april 5th and do what you must ;)

Prep for April 12th will also be going on that day, so every extra pair of legs, arms and other tasty parts is needed!
  2. CathyLong Member

Re: NYC - April 5th

I can print fliers for you guys but I cannot be there on the 5th. anyone who can meet me in manhattan, weekday during lunchtime, PM me and I will give you the fliers. mask up accordingly. trust no one. :)

~Cathy
  3. 3_D Member

I'll be there with bells on...or something.
  4. AnonNation Member

If someone who already knows where/when we're meeting on Saturday can PM me that info, that would be greatly appreciated.

For whatever reason, I never received the e-mail response from Avatar.
  5. anonsalz Member

I'll be there again and with even more hugs to give out!

We have to be more careful of our actions in the subway stations for the upcoming raids. We don't need more anons receiving summonses for no apparent reason again.
  6. AnonNation Member

I think the most appropriate strategy to "be more careful" would be to not return to the same table twice.

The auditors were already on edge after the first time when that officer questioned what we were doing Rickrolling in the subway tunnels. Returning there just makes us look like we're intentionally trying to provoke them.
  7. Interweb Member

I would go so far as to say we don't go near any scilons. They'll see plenty of us in two weeks, I'm sure. I don't want to seem overly aggressive.
  8. anonsalz Member

Yea that's not a bad idea. We should just stick to the streets and subways away from their positioning
  9. Anon_DESU Member

Fliering is okay but lets actually surprise them on the 12th. Even though we wont be going to either TS or the CC, I know Anons will not pass up the chance to pay those centers or the tables a visit on their way to and from the rally so lets just hold off on visiting them so much until the 12th, when there will be more Anons + more lulz

Anyways I am looking forward to the 5th, I won't be there to meet you guys at 12:30 though. Is there anyone of you that is surely going there and willing to trade cell phone numbers so I can call and see where you guys are?
  10. AnonNation Member

I'll definitely be there at 12:30, and if someone hasn't responded to you about this already, PM me, and I'll definitely give you my cell number, too.
  11. Erika Bauman Member

Yaaay. I shall be coming with a friend, hopefuly. And perhaps less cruddy hug signs, but I do hear others are making their own so I won't worry too much, lol. Then again I guess they worked better in hand than around your neck. (Above crowds and such.)

Oh! And I'll bring a big bag of kisses like someone* did last time.

o lawd the hugs have made me gay.

*(Apologies to whoever brought the kisses. Er, I kinda assumed it was KoolAid cause he was holding them.)

<_<; Arg.
  12. AnonNation Member

Unimportant note but . . . KoolAid didn't bring the kisses; he didn't even bring a jacket. The kisses were brought by someone else.

And I'm bringing with me the "Free Hugs" sign I took with me after we disbanded last time.
  13. Anon Frenzy Member

See you guys there.

I should have about 300 yftc cards, and I'm hoping for about 100 mini fliers. I'm wearing my top hat. Itsgonnabeawesome.
  14. 3_D Member

I picked up a bunch of minifliers and trifolds courtesy of Cathy Long yesterday, so I will be bringing those along with another Stack of Ambiguous Size.

Are there any flier/card/sticker requests¿ Again, I've access to a high volume (b&w) printer and would be happy to print up some things for people. Otherwise I'll just bring whatever.

Also, is anyone adverse to me bringing pie¿ No offense, but I've never been much of a cake person...
  15. Anon_DESU Member

You will be the coolest internet girl, yet not a girl since its the internet, EVAR if you bring some pie. What type of pie?
  16. CathyLong Member

<offtopic> 3_D, I just got 3D glasses in my AC:WW game this morning! My DS <3s you. </offtopic>

Anyone else going to meet Anon<3NY at the park Friday? I will bring more fliers with me then to give to anyone who wants them for 4/5 and 4/6.

Also, I am a girl who apparently has nice legs... lawl XD

I keep thinking in the back of my mind that noone would think 3D or myself or little sister are anon cause we're all supposed to be unemployed 20 yr old boys who live in our parent's basements. supposed to be.
  17. Anon_DESU Member

Because all three of you are indeed 20 year old boys who are unemployed and live in your parent's basement.

I might go to the park on Friday, really depends on what time I get out of my class.
  18. MrMatrix Member

Desu LURVS him some unemployed boys
  19. CathyLong Member

paranoia talking:

should I disguise myself friday at the park? We haven't been "soopr sekrit" with the time and place so scilon photofags could be hiding in the trees. Course, I don't wanna freak out the nice people who are permiting us either. :/
  20. Anon_DESU Member

I wouldn't go disguised in the sense of surgical mask or V mask. If anything wear some sun glasses and some clothes you wouldn't normal wear on a day to day basis, just go real casual if possible.
  21. pokeanon Member

I'm bringing my remains 150 or so yftc's, and was planning to print up some of these http://flickr.com/photos/24797435@N06/2375518549/ but if you have access for a high volume printer for cheap, I'd be happier to pay an anon for work than say, kinkos. PM me if there are any questions.

P.S. Some/most of you are going to have to endure me reading a paragraph or two of my speech, since I have just about 0 large group public speaking experiences, and would like to get comfortable addressing a crowd.
  22. Anonvox Member

WANT JOIN FLYER RAID

I can haez info PM to meh, pleaze?
  23. AnonNation Member

Pie is good.

What he said. And, hell, unless the Org has already been tailing you for the past couple of days/weeks, I strongly doubt they'd be snooping around in the park.

The Scilons aren't exactly monitoring Enturbulation or the IRC channels as closely as one who is paranoid would initially think, and if they are, they're not making much effort to follow up on monitoring us when we meet IRL. As far as I've been able to tell, they've only made efforts to keep tabs on us IRL during the times we've made our presence clearly known to them (i.e. showing up in masks in Times Square, at the Celebrity Center, or at a stress test table) . . . Well, either that or they are supreme stealth experts anywhere away from their own property. Definitely bring sunglasses and a hat, anyway.

Hey, no problem.
  24. 3_D Member

I dunno yet, any requests¿ I've been eating strawberry pie all week because I had the craziest urge to make them even though it isn't quite the season yet and they are crazy expensive. I could also buy some pre-bought ones if people would rather not put trust it my home cooking. (Which I would consider perfectly understandable.)

Cat, you do have great legs. XD Actually, I couldn't believe myself that you came from the internets because you're pretty damned hot and I thought we were supposed to be all unattractive and socially inept.

Pokeanon, sure I'll print bunches of those up.

I wish I could join in the park tour on Friday. I hope all goes well for everyone. See you Saturday.
  25. Anon_DESU Member

That is how I felt on 2/10 when I first saw everyone.

And it sucks that people have to be so paranoid (then again, it is a cult we are dealing with), I am sure your homemade pies would taste much better than a store bought pie.

I feel like I should bring something to the 5th...any ideas? Lol I'll buy you people ice cream?
  26. AnonNation Member

I never had strawberry pie before. I am intrigued now.
  27. anonsalz Member

I never had Strawberry pie either and it does sound delicious, than again all kinds of pie are great!
  28. 3_D Member

I'll bring one or two of my homemade strawberry pies then so the curious can try if they want. It is safe to eat unless you are allergic to dairy, strawberries, or deliciousness. I'll also bring along a pie from a bakery for paranoid peoples.

Also, since people liked them so much during hug raid, I uploaded the stickers and reconnect.org cards for printing. For the stickers I use 2x4in mailing labels. For the cards I use clean edge 2x3-1/2in business cards.

http://www.mediafire.com/?deodk3xmdzt
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xe0jznmny0g

I also can't take credit for most of the design since I snagged most of it from a flier in a thread that has disappeared since. I just formatted them for stickers and cards and added different phrases.
  29. CathyLong Member

oooooh i love the stickers. me + sticker paper + hours of scissorfun at work = stickers on EVERYTHING! I work 'near' the church. I can say no more. :) But they will feel the love tomorrow.

LIKE IT OR NOT WE <3 U!
  30. AnonNation Member

Scarf Lady senses harassment.
  31. CathyLong Member

XD I guess that could be read like an abusive husband... Strike my former statement.

I will love you from afar, without interrupting your life.
    And I will fight to my death, your right to hate me.
  32. 3_D Member

Harassment¿ Lol. Then again, perhaps it's been so long since she had wuv in her life that she mistakes voluntary hugs for attacks. Maybe if she'd stop playing sudoku for a bit she'd know...
  33. MrMatrix Member

I have a goddamn sore throat today, started yesterday kinda, I'm hoping it is just from the yelling and screaming and laughing on skype though haha...if it doesnt get better by sat. morning I'm afraid I cannot help!
  34. KoolAid Member

I wasn't going to show up to save energy for the queens raid, but I want to try some strawberry pie so I might come. Maybe scarf lady would like some too. I'm sure she would scarf it down.
  35. anony428 Member

Is this a hug raid?
  36. MrMatrix Member

it will be that and so much more anony
  37. Erika Bauman Member

I'm going to go to Costco to get a giant bag of kisses for tomorrow and next weekend, and while I'm at it, I was thinking of buying a thing of cookies. Anybody like black and whites? Their's are some of the best I've evar nommed.
  38. 3_D Member

If you bring black & whites you will be my hero.

Can anyone bring sign making materials (posterboards, markers, paper tubes, etc.) so we can have sign making times to prep for 4/12¿ I'd bring some myself but between the two bags of fliers&cards and the pies my hands will be full.

A note on signs, having your signs on wooden sticks is against the law kiddos. I know some people were all pissy when their signs got confiscated last time and took it out on the NYPD. If anyone would pay attention to this INFORMATION I am always going on about then they'd know that wooden sticks are against the law. Put your signs on paper tubes if you want. You can get them at any art/craft store.

I probably won't get a chance to print these out, but I meant to bring some to hand out to Anon. I'll have them for the 12th for sure.

Also, do we have a backup plan for tomorrow in the event of inclement weather¿
  39. AnonNation Member

Saturday is definitely looking like a day to bring an umbrella.
  40. KoolAid Member