Customize

NY Times Links Cyberattacks Directly to WWP

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: NY Times Links Cyberattacks Directly to WWP

because you are
  2. exOT8Michael Member

ACCURATE DIAGRAM. ANONYMOUS IS WAYYYY BIGGER THAN CHANOLOGY.

Also, a fun synopsis of Wikileaks, and WWP is not even mentioned..

3. Anonymous Member

my face during that entire video
    [IMG]
  4. Rockyj Member

Thank you & back @ you!
  5. exOT8Michael Member

LOl Good pic.

6. Anonymous Member

The FBI have never let evidence stand in the way of swooping in.
  7. Anonymous Member

You've been reading spy novels. How cute.
  8. BusinessBecky Member

Did you forget about Watergate?
  9. Rockyj Member

10. da5id Administrator

Guys, it's really not that big of a deal. Chill.
  11. CarltonBANKS Member

This is all so lulzy

Last I heard, all the naughty DeeDoss people were hanging out at:

Ebaums_logo.JPG
  12. Anonymous Member

Did you forget that internet message boards and social networking sites didn't exist 35 years ago?
  13. Squirrel King Member

Agreed.
  14. exOT8Michael Member

stoppostingz.jpg

Paws for deep breaths guys...

Let's not be panicky pussies. :)
  15. Anonymous Member

FBI^^^ FBI^^^ FBI^^^OSA^^^OOPS^^^FBI^^^
  16. Anonymous Member

Look guys, we're having company. Clean your rooms, tuck in your shirts, stand up straight and be who you are. We've got nothing to hide, have done nothing wrong and are missing an opportunity to inform our guests because we're too busy worrying over nothing.

Enjoy the attention and seize the opportunity to educate some people who don't know what we do exactly that, what we do.
  17. BigBeard Member

So...anything new happen with Cof$ today?? Getting hard to tell with all the Wiki underbrush.

BigBeard
  18. I sock Member

Anyone noticed the introduction thread has grown a lot faster than usual the last hours? Well, people are ending up here, some with the wrong idea, but most with a fairly decent grasp on whet WWP is about. We've had more newfags stopping by in the last two hours than all last week.

Da5id is right, you worry too much.
  19. LocalSP Member

Can we haz cover charge? Two drink minimum?
  20. Anonymous Member

It's kind of disheartening when my fellow moonbats at WWP are a better source of accurate information about a major international news story than CBS and the New York Times.
  21. Rockyj Member

Its not about fear its about FAIL corporate journalism!
    Going to a web site reading a few comments and reporting on it, is not journalism!
    Especially, so called trusted news sources like CBS & the New York Times for fuck's sake!
  22. Anonymous Member

Would you please just take a chill pill and breathe!?!
  23. Rockyj Member

Okay, I'm taking my dog for a walk.
    Later...
  24. Anonymous Member

You're new, but seriously, educate yourself a bit:
    Anonymous is responsible. Simple.
    That's this site, not Anonymous.
    But only if you know what you're talking about, unlike this guy.

Which it is
    Yes, it did
    No, it isn't.
    You do yours first.
  25. BusinessBecky Member

I have been thinking this all the past few days. I am completely blown away at the speed at which disinformation spreads. I am not sure if anything could surprise me any more.
  26. Anonymous Member

They have to ask themselves, WWWCD= What Would Walter Cronkite Do?
  27. Anonymous Member

Jesus guys, we're getting publicity and the word's going out again that we're still engaging against CoS and you lot are complaining?
  28. BusinessBecky Member

There is nothing wrong with trying to get the facts straight.
  29. Anonymous Member

Yeah, well here's a couple of facts. Journalists work to intense time schedules and don't have weeks to immerse themselves in background or spend hours polishing their text. They also have to work to restrictions on the amount of words they can use for both written and spoken reports.

This is a big story which has developed into a shitstorm in a couple of days so, yeah, mistakes are going to be made. Unbunch your panties over minor things. If it were a headline claiming WWP was co-ordinating the attacks then you'd be right to be pissed off - but it's not.

And try to keep in mind the reporters you're busy bawling out over this could be the same reporters we'd like to give us some publicity in the future. Don't piss them off because they've got long memories.
  30. Anonymous Member

If they get paid to do something for 8 hrs a day and stake the reputation of a multi million dollar business on it, they should at least be able to do it as well as one of us can do in his spare time. Just saying.
  31. Anonymous Member

They do their job well because they beat the stories out and get sued as little as possible. Sure people on here can rattle off a press release about Scientology, but could they have done it within an hour of visiting this site if they'd no prior knowledge of the subject?

Yeah, you can do good stuff in your spare time but you seem to know nothing about how to work with the media or engage in public relations with them
  32. Re: NY Times Links Cyberattacks Directly to WWP

Maybe I'm being unreasonable but I expect a little more from the NY Times, than blog-esque reporting
  33. genoramix Member

you posting in pink doesn't make you less stupid. Again Anonymous is not chanology, and anonymous is not against, neither is for wikileaks...(tends to be for though)
  34. Anonymous Member

anonymous is attacking. and anonymous isn't attacking. all of the air in your room is moving in different directions. it's still air, but they're not all in a committee saying "we're only going this way". That's how anonymous is. the percentage of anonymous attacking ppls over wikileaks is small, as is the percentage of anonymous that are in chanology. to say "anonymous did it" is correct. to say "the group anonymous" isn't, because anonymous isn't a group.
  35. LocalSP Member

The role of the journalist has changed with the advent of the net. News from all over the world is coming in near the speed of light and they have to decide what to run with at a moments notice and they have to take their sources at their word. No longer do they have the luxury of taking days or weeks to develop a story as they did in the past. Nor do they have the time to fact check their sources. Reporters like the two from the St. Pete Times are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

This doesn't excuse the media in any way but it's fast becoming the norm. If we don't demand more from our news sources I'm afraid we are going to be stuck with it.
  36. Rockyj Member

Me like!
  37. Re: NY Times Links Cyberattacks Directly to WWP

You can't tell me there isn't a market for news that is reported a few hours later but does not consist primarily of rumors which may or may not be true.
  38. veravendetter Member

Text-based journalism may have the 'space' to address the distinctions you desire, but it's unrealistic to expect TV slots to be able to do this. They don't have the time or the inclination to do so. Like it or not, EFG (Epic Fawkes Guy ;) as an icon, seeps further than the boundaries of Chanology. Watching the student riots in London tonight, two of the frontline battling the police were wearing V masks. It's basically something you can't control. So if as a movement you want to trade off the strengths of Anonymous then you've gotta take the rough with the smooth.
  39. Miranda Member

Clarifications are coming and will be posted prominently. We've been working on it all day.
  40. veravendetter Member

My previous point is not implying these efforts are a fruitless task, just airing my sheets, and pointing out that everyone has a different perspective on where the Anonymous/Chanology overlap lines are.