Customize

Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anomnomnomous, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Nice letter, but I think it's way to early, it will look like we are using this tragedy to front our own agenda. If they at some point need our assistance, they will find us, we don't need to advertise. By this rate CoS in norway will be history very soon, now all the media is focusing on the evils of CoS, thats just what we want, by starting to send letters mentioning Anonymous, we will make them chang focus from the evil of CoS to us, we don't want that, since then the media will focus on what we are, not what we say. and also indipendent investigations done by proffesional journalists is, in the eye of the public, much more realibal than "some unground group". What I am saying, lett the media do the job now, when the media interest in this topic is gone, then we can start to do our thing, creating a new media interest. Ofcourse you can write a letter and expresing your sorrow for theyr loss,but don't mention Anonymous, it is bad timing and poor taste. Everything is going like a dream now in norway, we must not create an enturbulation :)rickroll:) now,wait til' the timing is right.
  2. Orderous Member

Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

DO NOT SEND IT TO BALLO! It would be downright disrespectful to try and recruit him now. Let him find out about us on his very own, we are already everywhere with the Jason Beghe thing (even Norwegian newspapers).

If you really wish to send something, change it to a condolances letter, simply mentioning that more information can be acquired from Anonymous and our contact channels, and send it to the lawyer.
  3. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Let the poor man mourn, he has just lost his daughter. trying to recruit him now will hurt us and him, and will give CoS cannon fodder.
  4. waitwhat Member

Yeah I see what you guys mean. I won't send it.
    Condolences don't mean much from a stranger who's name you don't even know.
    I wasn't trying to recruit him, just inform him, but I still see what you mean.
    I wasn't aware of the situation in Norway with regards to Scientology, but it only confirms good opinions I've had of the country so far.
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'm glad I checked it with you.
  5. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Waitwhat or mods, could I suggest editing out the Ballo e-mail address from your earlier post?

I feel it's important that we make the risk of one being sent as low as possible...
  6. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

QFT
  7. spiral Member

done.
  8. Orderous Member

9. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

a person who has a history of depression gets out of it by laying a foundation of wins on top of the depression... because depression is so effing hard to route out... i know from experience. If COS successfully managed to find her "ruin", then they collapsed all of her win, turning it into the futility and powerlessness that fuel depression... so they in a couple of minutes undermined years of work and made her suicidal. That is criminal. That is incompetant homicide, practicing medicine without a license, and malpractice.

a lot of times depression happens to ordinarily competant and intelligent people who, for whatever reasons, have expectations of themselves that they could never live up to. So, without coming to terms with those expectations, it's hard to undermine the depression.
  10. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Someone higher in the thread submitted a nice email and the gold info pack and press pack to Ballo's lawyer. I would consider the contact done for now, they know.

His was already unhappy with Scientology, apparently he was making some kind of speech against narCONon the very day his daughter died.

Andreas has been in the media a lot over this issue, I'm sure he will get involved if Ballo wants to move on this.
  11. Unlisted Member

12. anomnomnomous Member

13. Nanon Member

Karl Johan (VG Nett) From this stand on Karl Johan in Oslo the Church of Scientology is trying to recruit new members with a stress test made by them.

Saturday morning several people passing by, some of them kids, stopped and sat down at the stand to test their own stress level with metal cans.

The Church of Scientology refuse that they're trying to make the kids members.

-If kids wants to try the metal cans we let them. They often wish to do the same as the adults. We're not trying to recruit people that are too young to understand the questions, states Matthias Fosse to VG Nett.

Several of the people passing by did not know that the church was behind the test.

-I only found out afterwards. I took the test because it looked interesting, says 16 year old Elin Sverstad from Oslo.

Her friend Madeleine Christiansen thinks it's cowardly of the church to not clarify who they are.

-What does a stress test have to do with a religion, she asks.

Death Threats

The 28th of March this year 20 year old Kaja Bordevich Ballo committed suicide. She had taken a personality test at the local Scientology church in Nice where she was a student.

Kaja is the daughter of MP Olav Gunnar Ballo.
    The family believes there might be a connection between the poor result on the test and the suicide, something the church strongly deny.

Matthias Fosse tells about the death threats he got after all the focus from the media.

Fosse has pressed charges against the person(s) behind them, and the church has increased their security.
    The scientologists will not stop their regular evangelism on Karl Johan.

-The reason we're still standing here is because we can't let our activities be controlled by negative press, says Fosse.

Took the personality test: -A creepy experience[link]
    The church: -The test has never driven anyone to commit suicide[link]

The stress test being offered to people in the streets of Oslo is also available at the church in Nice where Kaja was a student.

The test is different from the personality test because it isn't used to assess someone.

---------

Excuse any awkward English, a bit tired right now. It should get the general idea across at least.

Oh right, long time lurker, first time poster etc.
  14. Bakebehe Member

Thanks for the translation, much appreciated. And welcome officially ;D
  15. zubon Member

THIS.

It has nothing to do with 'lolmentalweakness', it's brain chemistry and it can suck the very harbl of Satan. You have to rebuild your confidence every time your shitty little mental bastard eats its face. tl;dr fux u dpresion

Goddamn this pisses me off. How irresponsible can you be? How stupid, how borderline-socippathically fucking moronigc do you have to be to look at a person in pain and go 'wheee i can has a win :D D :D' and think totally nothing but potential-recruit? Yeah, some people genuinely want to help, but...man, that's like trying to cure a headache with a sledgehammer.

'o lol we didn't mean it' - bite me, scifux, if your tech is sooooooo goooood you should have known. What's that? You didn't? Then your tech is bunk. :fuckyou:
  16. Partydude Member

In memory of Kaja Ballo.

This is why we fight.

We are anonymous
    we are legion
    We do not forgive COS
    We do not forget Kaja
    EXPECT US
  17. Orderous Member

Hmm, pity, the current story isn't up on Dagbladet, who allow comments. Really wanted to write a rather long comment explaining the functions of the e-meter, what it's supposed to do, and what it actually does.
  18. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

That's really bad news. It could be a lie like the rest of the so-called dead threat, but given the situation they could be real. Like Andreas says, Matthias is a decent human being and just doing what he believes is right. He's already going through one of the worst week of his live, and I certainly don't wish this upon him.
  19. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

When I left scientology 18 years ago Mathias harassed me, stalked me and falsely reported me to the police for crime. Yeah, nice guy!!!
  20. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

I'm so fucking disturbed and saddened by this you wouldn't believe.
  21. Plups Member

I hope you can let it fuel something positive and powerful.
  22. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

This drawing in my local norwegian newspaper describes the personality test better than words:
    Galleri Egil: April - rb.no
  23. pooks Member

Sorry for the delay in answering. This is one long ass thead.

There are two books that cover the "patter" of the test evaluator.
    One is called Scientometric testing. That's a really old book that
    was used to "hat" the test evaluators and I believe there is another
    book called "Tell it like it is" a book by a Scientologist that explains
    how to use the tests to recruit people into the cult. "Tell it like it
    is" was banned because it was not written by Hubbard and therefore
    "squirrel".

These books will sometimes show up for sale on ebay.

Patty
  24. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Sorry to hear that degraded being. I cannot imagine what it's like being in and getting out of that cult.
  25. Venerable Member

Actually that cartoon is not about the personality test. Instead it is promoting the idea that suicides is something taboo, something we shouldn't talk about because it will lead to more suicides. It's about stopping the newspapers from reporting on the issue.

The opposite of what I believe in.
  26. Vir Member