Customize

Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anomnomnomous, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Just somemore news from norway:
    Dagbladet: http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/200...ans to pay for the curses and books and shit.
  2. Unlisted Member

Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

LOL and Matthias Fosse replied in an email to Dagbladet:

"It's starting to get pathetic how one has started pulling out every old negative [issue], we've seen up to 30+ year old cases, while skipping everything positive.
    One example is the discrimination case that the Church of Scientology won in the European Court of Human Rights last year along with religious recognition in Portugal and Spain. We have already had this for many years in Sweden."
  3. Orderous Member

I actually just sent an e-mail to the journalist for that article explaining the situation with the European Human Rights Court. A case not even the scientologists claim validated them as a relgion, they in fact complained about the opposite.
  4. Unlisted Member

Go you!
  5. AnonOutreach Member

It's the patent NEGLECT that troubles me. Quite likely, this young woman was hitting crisis point when she went. Instead of directing this obviously troubled person to a crisis line or walk-in mental health agency where staff are trained to deal with it--they incompetently blathered on and sent her out feeling worse.

Anyone with an ounce of professionalism would have referred someone that upset to a counsellor with experience handling youth in crisis. In which case, it is likely there would have been such a referral stapled to the "personality test"

No one can stop a determined suicidal person but it IS possible to get them assistance quickly if they're in crisis and feeling helpless to cope.

Absolutely criminal neglect causing death. :grr:
  6. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

But she wasn't suicidal, not before after the test, she was described as a happy girl, but the vitneses says the test changed here, right before the test she was a happy woman, after the test she was depressed. On the same day she killed here self, she bought new cloths. If someone is planing to kill here self, they probably won't buy new stuff right before they kill themself.
  7. Apology Member

A nice candlelight vigil with white roses and tasteful pictures of Kaja shouldn't offend anyone. If you held it near the Church of Scientology in Nice, you could invite the students who knew her. No need to mention Anonymous at all---just members of the public mourning a nice young girl who was tragically lost.
  8. Anonymous SP Member

New Anonymous here, just parachuted in from the front page, and I just want to say in my first comment that the people in this forum are truly remarkable human beings. The amount of love in this thread has me floored.
  9. AnonOutreach Member

There's no way of knowing what's in a person's mind at any given time unless you ask them, and we can't do that.

What we DO know is that CoS never referred her to anyone even though she left there [obviously by the result] in a state of crisis without being referred somewhere else for assistance.

I'd call that alone criminal neglect causing death. They claim to be "mental health" professionals by default if they are administering a personality test without a rider on the heading that says, "For entertainment purposes only".

And I suggest that makes them criminally liable regardless of any other considerations.

CoS is not claiming they referred her for qualified help.

Remember Tom Cruise "We are the authorities on the mind?" The same arrogance happened here and the result was tragic:cry:
  10. Unlisted Member

PROTIP: Unless you're a licensed professional, stop playing playing Dr. Phil. This thread isn't about making a fucking psycological analysis of Kaja. Matthias Fosse tried to on national TV and got bitch slapped for it.

Kaja is the victim here.
  11. anonEmouser Member

I think most are casting aspersions on the qualifications of the CoS meter-monkeys that do just that on a daily basis, not so much posthumously conjecture on why she decided to check out (aside from the role the CoS may have played, being among the last to see her alive).

However, there IS some conjecture going on, so I do agree with the statement.
  12. MongoLloyd Member

*Bump* In memory of Kaja.

The CoS is seeing a bitchslap in the Norwegian press the likes of which hasn't been seen before against the CoS in Scandinavia. After this incident, they've reported on the Beghe story, on the business U-Man Norway, which is a WISE recruitment firm which uses LRH 'tech', most notably the OCA test. They've done follow-ups speaking to businesses who are/were their customers, and who've expressed dismay and surprise over the fact that they were funding Scientology without knowing it.

It's all very win.
  13. Wrathlon Member

God damn it. Fuck them to hell. I have a massive urge to march in there and start laying out Scientologists left and right - fuck that makes me angry :(
  14. Hieronymous Member

Ironically in death she will help bring down a societal cancer around the world
  15. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

I took the liberty of editing your post. I hope you don't mind.

And yes, you are an SP. :-P

QFT
  16. Lorelei Member

This is excellent advice.

Here's how this kind of protest works IRL.

You probably remember the Matthew Shepard murder trial in the US. Two thugs beat Matthew to death, or close to it, and left him tied up to a fence in near-freezing weather. Matthew's homosexuality became an issue during the trial, which attempted to use the infamous "gay panic" defense (e.g., het thug panicked when Matthew allegedly flirted with him and thus said thug lashed out...of course, within 15 minutes, the two asshats went on to harass and attack two Hispanic kids, and I doubt they could claim "gay panic" in THAT instance!).

Fred Phelps, a defrocked minister, known for his "GOD HATES FAGS" protests and for being a general lulzkiller and moron, chose to picket Matthew's funeral and trial. Here's where silent protest came into play.

A counter-protest group called "The Angels" dressed up in white robes and tinsel halos and constructed "wings" from frames and white sheets, and then SILENTLY stood in between Phelps' homophobic signs and rants and the courthouse. Their "wings" blocked most of the hateful signs, and their silence and refusal to be drawn into a verbal fight with Phelps so unnerved him that he PACKED UP AND LEFT.

The Angels: +100 Internets and Epic WIN.
    Phelps: No caek for you, Epic FAIL.

Hateful people (and trolls) thrive on being fought with and yelled at, but don't handle "shouting into a void" unchallenged particularly well. Zen resistance, like a wall of peace, just freaks them out. Silence holds a mirror up to them, reflecting their own behavior back.
  17. Unlisted Member

This is a good idea.

I remember people were talking about doing this at the virginia tech funerals untill that radio talk show host exchanged enough open mic time for the phelps's during his show for them to stay away.
  18. anomnomnomous Member

Another win: A high school teacher who heads the committee on issues of teaching religion and beliefs in the teacher's union Utdanningsforbundet recommends all teachers to warn students about Scientology, and advices against calling it a religion:
    - Lærere bør advare mot Scientologikirken - Nyheter - NRK Nyheter

"- This is a business, not a religion."

A leader of another union, Norsk Lektorlag, agrees that pupils/students should be warned.
  19. Orderous Member

Randaberg Videregående? Unless I am completely mistaken that school would be very close to where Andreas currently lives.

As good as this is, I agree with the comment that it shouldn't be reflective of a single cult, but be a discussion and clear warning about any religious philosophy created solely for reasons of capitalistic gain and personal power.

And once again Mattias; I have in fact spoken to some of the second generation scientologists, none of them seem very happy about it, and in fact fear for those still in.
  20. MongoLloyd Member

While there's no recommendation on it, I found out just the other day that over in Sweden a lot of teachers are in fact teaching about cults and Scientology.

I ran across it in a funny way.. A google hit on a blog where they'd written "I've got my scientology test tomorrow".. well turned out that it wasn't a scientologist because the previous blog entry mentioned "they're teaching us about scientology in school.. it's a totally wacko cult!"
  21. storge Member

I feel really bad for her and her family. I can't help wondering if anyone would've heard about this if her father were not an MP, though. I bet this happens more often than any of us think.
  22. Amnon Nhymous Member

23. Anonat Member

Hvil i fred Kaja. Jeg er her for deg.
  24. Amnon Nhymous Member

???
  25. Orderous Member

Norwegian for;

Rest in peace Kaja, I am praying for you.
  26. Amnon Nhymous Member

Thanks.
  27. anomnomnomous Member

Scientologists on egertorget right now.
  28. Orderous Member

Pictures of the resentment and disgust in the faces of people walking past please.
  29. Hieronymous Member

what's egertorget? for non blondes plz
  30. spin0za Member

31. John_Doe Member

32. Unlisted Member

An online description

33. zubon Member

They are so reamed. So deeply reamed.

if they say they didn't know she was that depressed, they are admitting their precious 'tech' does not work.

If they say they knew - well, they were basically targeting a vulnerable person to take advantage of them.

What's that I hear? I think - I think it's shit hitting a fan. :O

Also, Zen Protest for fucking win x > 9000.

She is dead because these fools took advantage of her. They purposefully preyed on her because they were taught to do so. They are, to my eye, accessory to murder; Davey-o Miscarriage is holding the fucking gun.

(excuse srsbzns. this shit just makes me so mad.)
  34. Consensus Member

I'm starting a number of press releases in the English Composition forum. One will be dealing with this situation. Those with a good understanding of the details or a clever idea for a soundbite are encouraged to pitch in. We also need editors, anybody with experience writing press releases is encouraged to check them out.
  35. Orderous Member

Let me know when you're done, and I'll do some translations, and send them around at various news stations in Norway.
  36. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

As an ex-scientologist I commented this for 5 minutes on NRK (Norwegian National Broadcasting) program "Her og nå" ("Here and now") as the "Friday Guest".Only in Norwegian it is available here in the end of the program: NRK Nettradio

Never forgive. Never forget.
  37. Randomness Member

Sorry to say this, but this article has no references, so it might be a lovely fantasy.

IMO we should get on it anons.

Dragonfire, do some research as it's your Digg.
  38. Amnon Nhymous Member

When you see someone using this argument to reply to a $ciento critic, you're 100% sure it's a scilon.
  39. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Or maybe wait whit that, the media is doing a good job covering this case, and we must not make them change fokus from the evils of CoS to Anon..., press releases and stuff can we do when the media interest dies off. now let the media, old-critics and CoS do the magic, then we can go in to spark a new interest in the topic when it dies off, don't start sending press releases and shit to norwegian media now, it is bad timing.
  40. waitwhat Member

I am considering sending the following message to Olav Ballo. What do you think?