Customize

Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anomnomnomous, Apr 14, 2008.

1. anomnomnomous Member

Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

I don't have an account at OCMB, if anyone could post this there I'd be happy:
    Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Family blames Scientology for daughter's death

1) Ballo is an MP, not the PM.
    2) MPs are not that wealthy, on average. I think they earn ca $120-150k.
    3) Ballo would not be a known name in France

However, this happened at the same time as Ballo was in Norwegian papers criticising Narconon, so the name might be known to scientologists.
  2. anomnomnomous Member

New articles in the Norwegian press:

About previous legal trouble for the CoS in France:
    Scientologsjefen svindeldømt i Frankrike - Nyheter - Utenriks - Aftenposten.no
    Mentions that police in Nice has not yet concluded that this was suicide. Also, police and prosecutors do not speak to the press about the case atm.

Other people who have taken the tests speak to the media:
    - En guffen opplevelse - VG Nett

The tabloids are criticeised for printing to many details about the suicide, when there is yet much that is unknown:
    VG og Dagbladet tar ikke selvkritikk - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no

Andreas Heldal-Lund about the James Beghe interview:
    - Kjendiser er livredde for å bryte med scientologien - Kjendis.no

Companies that use the test in recruitment are surprised that it is connected to Scientology:
    «Jøss, det er jo den testen vi bruker» - Innenriks - Dagbladet.no

A journalist writes about his experiences of being tested:
    Farlig test? - Vårt Land - vl.no
  3. XenuLovesU Member

The story is making its way over here. It's only a small blurb, but if a wire service like UPI is running it, I'm sure it'll get picked-up by other media outlets.

Scientology blamed in high-profile suicide - UPI.com

4. Unlisted Member

Matthias looked deeply enturbulated during the debates, I hope that, his Truman Show will come to an end soon.
  5. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

So, forgive me, but what sort of position does the girl's father hold? It sounds to me like he's the Norwegian equivalent of the American 'House Speaker'. How powerful a man is he in political circles?
  6. anomnomnomous Member

He is a member of parliament for one of the three parties in the "Red-Green" coalition government.

He is a member of the parliamentary committee on health issues. EDIT: Wikipedia says he is in the judicial committee.

He is also vice-president in one of the two 'chambers' of the parliament, the Odelsting.

His wife, Heidi Sørensen (not Kaja's mother) is also an MP for the same party.
  7. anomnomnomous Member

8. King Nerd Member

This is why...

Scientology, you sick fucks, your days are numbered.
  9. Unlisted Member

Olav Gunnar Ballo is the Vice President of Odelstinger ("lower house")
    www.stortinget.no > Members

^Official Parliament Biography

edit: anomnomnomous you were right he's on the Medical and Care committee.
  10. Anonymous1001 Member

Meet Olav Gunnar Ballo.

revengecoldnorwayetc.jpg.gif

OH SHI-

guesswherehedinestonight.jpg.gif

He looks ready to bathe in DM's blood.

Also, requesting motivators.
  11. anomnomnomous Member

Just found out a friend of mine knew Kaja.

Sometimes I hate this Nordic trait of not talking about stuff.

We've discussed this issue several times, I saw her cry on the day of the funeral, but I found out through a web search.

Sorry, off topic, but this just got that much more personal to me.
  12. N/A Member

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Ballo criticized the CoS very close to the time Kaja
    took the test. Any more news on that connection?
  13. Unlisted Member

Break the stupid silent trend, and reach out to your friend :flowers:

I didn't mean to rhyme.
  14. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Nobody is seriously considering direct foul play on the part of the Co$. Its a sad, bad coincidence.
  15. Unlisted Member

The only ones saying that are the Scilons. French police are finding the connection clear enough to investigate. The family feels that the connection is there.
  16. Veritas2.0 Member

Well, it's good to hear that her parents want people to be aware that the CoS is a dangerous organization. - That's from the thread on clambake.
  17. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

I don't have an account at OCMB, if anyone wouldn't mind posting this there I would appreciate it, I hope it's not TOO inappropriate:

EDIT: NEVER MIND- I don't want to feed the trolls.

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Family blames Scientology for daughter's death

Roadrunner and SuzanneMarie will you please f*** off!?! I can't believe you are trolling this thread!1! Are you absolutely heartless? A beautiful young woman with her whole life before her has just died, and you're trying to justify your TECH!?! Give me a f***in' break. STFU & GTFO.

(other nice people at OCMB- how/why do you put up with RR & SM?)
  18. Unlisted Member

We have them on ignore?

Well that's what I have done at least.

But I'll take your word for it that they said those things and I agree with you, but I wouldn't post that though because that would be feeding the trolls.

I won't meddle with OCMB's board policy but those two would have been permabanned a long time ago if they had been trolling these forums.
  19. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

I forwarded the information packet and a directory of COS documents on wikileaks
  20. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

thanks anyway, I mostly got the rant out of my system, and you're right about not feeding them.
  21. monamia Member

Lutheran steadfast, thanks for your post. Deeply felt by her extended ohana, which includes you (ohana gentle hawaiian for giant family network, neighborhood, all of it)
  22. Fear Not Member

Because Andreas is a Champion of Free Speech. He believes everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think it's interesting to get a glimpse inside a clams mind, although it can be frustrating.

Andreas did a debate with Scientologist, but it's in Norwegian.
    - Har vært etter meg i flere år |  TV 2 Nyhetene
    NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling
  23. scignoff Member

Been really boiling all day about this. Got home and threw this together because
    I CAN NOT walk by those fuckers and their stand tomorrow without doing something.

I didn't want to get into the current situation too specifically, so this is what every commuter near that fucking stand gets tomorrow morning until the ink runs out of my printer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25716910@N05/2420346598/
  24. Plups Member

That photo is private. Can't view.
  25. scignoff Member

26. whatsgoanon? Member

poor Kaja

Damn you COS, you are the Third Reich of our time. Evil Ruthless self serving bastards the lot of you, victimizing vulnerable, well meaning people searching for solace....we do not forgive we do not forget.
  27. AnonyFag Member

Ok, Anons... First, a word from Andreas on the 'Bake:

This is awesome. The Scilons have generated a HUGE footbullet in one single action, making an enemy out of an entire country. I know that Anons everywhere are hot on the trail of the public debate. This is GOOD. Now...

I'm in full agreement with AnonKiwi. This has to be handled delicately! I fully support a /r/aid on Co$ in Nice. However, as AnonKiwi points out, sensitivity is KEY in the use of name/image for this poor young woman's cause. Here's the drill...

Scientology in Nice will now be at an "all hands, Hill 10, major PR Flap". This is Scilon speak for "OMFG! We Divided by Zero multiple times!". When Anon takes to the streets, the Scilons will be looking, searching and hoping for a way to turn any backlash to their advantage. In fact, they'll be fucking desperate. They'll take the template of what they did with Lisa McPhearson and multiply it tenfold, which was to say that "[insert critic group here] is exploiting the memory to further their agenda".

DO NOT GIVE THEM THIS SATISFACTION

Anon can and will be brilliant in a strategy that will get the point across without being crass, crude or disrespectful in ANY way... I know this. Just as an "pulled out of my ass" scenario, as many Anon as possible dress in black, no caek or Rickrolls, simple signs with a simple question; "Why did she die, Scientology?" or a derivative Keep pics of the girl to a polite level. Utter and complete silence. If approached by a bullbaiter, don't even look at them. Do not respond to them. Eyes front. Zen.

The above would not have to be a long raid. Especially if alert, resourceful and wily Anon made sure that the press would be involved and on scene in abundance for the /r/aid. The point here is to let the bereaved family know they have the silent support of the Legion worldwide, and that their pain is neither unnoticed nor will be suffered alone. That they can have their time of mourning and Anon will carry the torch for them when their ebb is at it's lowest... This is about compassion...

Anonymous... This is why.
  28. anomnomnomous Member

Another frontpage in Dagbladet today:
    mariaforsideXcopy_1208409623_1208409640.jpg

It is about a classmate of Kaja at high school, who visited the CoS-center in Oslo, and was scared off by the Orientation-video.

"Calssmate scared after meeting the sect: - Encourages suicide"

Three pages inside.
  29. anomnomnomous Member

30. mko Member

My $0.25 is that the "encourages suicide" refers to that part in the video, wasn't it something like "you COULD go jump off a cliff or shoot yourself in the head after you walk out this door..." ?
  31. anomnomnomous Member

Yes, it is quoted in full in the article.
  32. Orderous Member

It should now be mentioned that Dagbladet seems to have taken an issue with the CoS long before this happened.

They were the first major newspaper, anywhere in the world, to print stories about Anonymous (and the article made me believe that there were some former or current /b/-tards working for the newspaper). They also had the 10 page article in Magasinet (a Sunday extra) focusing on Andreas and his fight against the CoS. And now this is dropped in their laps and they are going after the CoS like an angry polar bear.

The other large newspaper (VG) hasn't let up much either. But is taking a slightly less blow up tone and not letting everything be sensationalist front page news.

Still there will not be a single person in all of Norway considering these people harmless nutters anymore.
  33. anomnomnomous Member

34. anomnomnomous Member

Studebaker, nothing new really.
  35. Orderous Member

Nothing to translate really, it's all about the orientation video you are shown as you are waiting for your results, and how it ends in the words; "You could walk out that door now and never look back, and you could also blow your brains out" (paraphrased).

Thread on how to handle this situation in the protest, please read; http://forums.whyweprotest.net/82-may-10th-protest/those-who-died-9665/
  36. N/A Member

No, of course not. I don't think so either, but if Kaja had read her fathers' response:
    1) this could have affected her mental state, and/or

..if the scientologists knew about the connection, either being told by Kaja or informed through CoS-channels:
    2) rigged or angled her test specifically to encourage or discourage her membership.
    Remember she got the lowest possible score.

What's interesting here I guess is the timing of the events.

Edit: As for "nobody suspects foul play", the french police have specifically
    stated that they haven't concluded with suicide yet. Probably because Kaja
    didn't act suicidal before her death.
  37. ladybug2 Member

Such a sad story
  38. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

okay, research/coalation monkey on task.

expect a doctorial thesis on the psychotropic and psychosuppressive functions of scientology.

Everything from the stress test on.