Customize

Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anomnomnomous, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Orderous Member

Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

I got Word file with the translation of the first three articles (the main story about Kaja) that include the pictures and a are set up as close as possible to the original articles. If anyone wants these please send me a PM with an e-mail address to send them to.
  2. Plups Member

Now is the time to talk about the problems with CoS doing this without proper training and licensing, about the problems with the Oxford Capacity Analysis being administered by such people, about their training which is to find the person's "ruin" and hammer it. We don't need to mention Kaja. Norwegians will do that for themselves.
  3. N/A Member

Yes, I'm just saying that most of us probably feel both sadness/anger, but those of us
    who haven't experienced anything similar, will also feel a little "jump" of positive impulses
    when we read about this. Because we know it will bring fresh blood against scientology.

This is important, for instance, as when someone suggested we write a condolance mail to
    their parents, that we are aware that others will also assume this duality. If we project honesty,
    it will be tasteful. But if we pretend to feel what they are feeling, it will be corny and stupid.

It's a bit like running a funeral agency. Every death is both an opportunity, as well
    as a death. Nothing to feel bad about. As long as you are aware of the ambivalence, and
    as long as you know you can contribute positively to those who have suffered,
    it doesn't become distasteful and ugly.
  4. Ten Tigers Member

^^^This.
  5. tamphex Member

THIS.

AND THIS.

We're all rather emotional about this and these two quotes must be heeded in order for us not to let those emotions take over our good sense. This is a tragedy, but what would be more so tragic is coming across as to appear to be taking this loss of life as an advantage. The Scientology Organization is as stupid as it is evil, nature will run its course in the end.

6. SamuelAdams Member

Well it looks like Scientology did a good job of "finding her ruin" and then "caving her into to her ruin"

It's time for this bullshit to stop.
  7. spiral Member

my suggestion, ONE norwegian anon (a already named one or one who doesn't mind naming themselves) sends a letter, not an email, of condolence with a very brief mention of who we are and what we're doing. very brief.

before i got involved in all this, i had no idea i could get so upset and so very angry at the same time
  8. Ten Tigers Member

Spiral, I'm glad you're here.
  9. Plups Member

10. N/A Member

stein.serradj@wanadoo.fr

were you thinking about sending a condolance directly to him, or to supply him with info to help him against the scilons?
  11. anomnomnomous Member

12. anomnomnomous Member

13. anomnomnomous Member

Updates, interview with lawyer Steinar Serradj:
    - Familien stoler fullt og helt på politiet - VG Nett

"-The family have great faith in French investigators and the way they work. They have good contact with the judicial system here, who are sympathetic and want to help."

"We hope to get some answers soon, but at the moment there is a holiday in France, so we expect to know more next week."

"It is to early to say [whether the family will sue the CoS]. the family wish to get a full picture of the situation before they decide."
  14. anomnomnomous Member

Quote from the CoS spokesperson in Norway:
    - Testene kan føre til selvmord - Nyheter - NRK Nyheter

"Mathias Fosse says the test only answeres how a person feel about himself.

- If a person feels good about himself, that is what is reflected in the test, says Fosse. he points out that millions of people have taken the test.

- If the test shows that you don't like yourself, that is more your problem than anyone else's."
  15. N/A Member

Thanks for the info nomnom!
    I'm pleased with the way Dagbladet, and now VG, are bulldogging scientology. They are of course doing it for tabloid reasons, but it's working. Next protest in Oslo could be good.
  16. anomnomnomous Member

More from Fosse:
    - Testene har aldri drevet noen til selvmord - VG Nett

"We feel like a scapegoat in this case. What happened to Ballo is terrible, but we had nothing to do with it."

"We are a religion, and you cannot compare our test with other personality tests. The test gives feedback about what you think of yourself. If you look in a mirror, you see what your body looks like. It is the same with this test."

"He says that the test shows what the person think of themselves, not how the scientologists evaluate them."
  17. Ten Tigers Member

Horseshit.
  18. A.Non Hubbard Member

I recommend Google Docs to save you the trouble of emailing everyone. Copypasta the translation there then post the links here. :)
  19. 5feet6inches Member

I was out buying chocolate and saw this, what a shock, what timing and how utterly horrible.

I'm so mad right now.

I put flyers out saying that scientology offers total freedom at the expense of your money, your freedom and "somtimes your life", well, I bet those people who saw them are really starting to take notice now.

Another bloody scientology death, I hope her death will not be in vain, that pisscabbage will take what he deserves once and for all.:rage:
  20. Orderous Member

First of all, a small comment on the latest headline from Dagbladet; So that's what Andres was doing, Tory did say that he had a reason for being there, but wanted to keep it hidden.

Now for the actual reason for this post.

We need to critically evaluate the situation, moreso than the media does. It seems like the newspapers have gotten their sights set on the personality test. Now although this test is designed to be negative, it would still be capable of giving you a simple answer of which areas you do wall in, and which you do worse in, if you are aware that it will be a negative answer and read it without consideration for the exact values. However, this is not how it is used by the CoS so there is a large contributing factor here, but I still don't think the test itself is enough for the reaction caused.

The big issue here is the untrained people who deal with SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS that they are NOT qualified for. The most likely scenario is this; due to the low scores on the test a small auditing session was done, where the scientology auditor in question was one of those with the least possible amount of tact. Here they dredged up the old story about her former eating disorders, and the issues surrounding why she had them in the first place. This is indicated by her note saying sorry for not being able to accomplish anything in life. This might be reason good enough for the suicide, but then again they would have given her the option to help, unless one out of two things happened; 1. She was declared a hopeless case that not even scientologists could help. 2. Her former heavy involvment with psychiatry made her ineligeble for help with the CoS. Anyone who has just gone through a bullshit session with near mental tourture methods will at this point be seriously considering suicide for being such a waste of life, although it is all a ploy from someone wanting to get upstat by keeping the right people out of the cult.

tl;dr - Kaja was most likely told that she was so useless in life that not even a scientologist could help her during an interrogation that involves mental torture.

At least that's my opinion in this.
  21. N/A Member

This may sound a bit scifaggotish, but I was in a debate with Fosse, way into the backlog of Dagbladet's internal debate system. I was more or less saying that Hubbard was a well documented fraud and that his autopsy showed he was full of antipsychotics.

Fosse then replied to my claims calmly and respectfully over a few replies, despite me being brutally honest about my point of view. He showed no signs of wanting to recruit me, or of seeing me as "a useless outsider full of engrams". The conclusion was a friendly "agreement to disagree" from both sides. I was almost a bit suprised at how little CoS-like he behaved.

What he says in this article, however, shows the typical lack of insight and perspective that we're used to. So I'm not sure what to make of this. I don't think he's a bad guy, but what he says here pisses me off.
  22. N/A Member

Agreed. Fosse - the Norwegian CoS PR guy - here claims that this is like saying someone
    who kills themselves after hearing a song or watching a movie. FFS. A personality test is by
    definition WAY more personal than a song or a movie. It's not even comparable.
  23. anomnomnomous Member

24. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

GOD! How much longer will it take for government and media to WAKE UP HERE!!! This stuff goes on daily! I swear this kind of shady, immoral, corrupt, stupid and sinister activity goes on every day! I hope this leads to some real change so that this poor young woman did not die in vain! How many more must die? HOW MANY MORE MUST DIE SCIENTOLOGY?! :da:When are you going to recognize this dangerous practice of fucking with peoples minds is just plain WRONG!
    Remember what we said, for every one that falls ten more shall take their place. Well more are coming, and we will keep protesting EVERY MONTH, and then some! There is no end to the storm over you now. Every day you feed us with more fuel, you do not stand a chance!:guyfawkes:

PS DO NOT TAKE PERSONALITY TESTS! THEY ARE MANIPULATED TO MAKE YOU FALL FOR THEIR SHIT AND BE RECRUITED! IT IS THE ENTRANCE TO HELL!
  25. SpAn Member

Going to print off a pic of her right now and bring it to the mini-raid on London on the 18th!! My thoughts are with her family and friends at this time
  26. JRhumperdink Member

Her name was Kaja Bordevich Ballo.

NEVER FORGET.
  27. anonymal Member

I don't think anon should contact the father at all. Any message we send, however heartfelt, runs the risk of sounding like we want to use this tragedy to further our goals (like the Co$ would do). I suspect Andreas would make a good point of contact, and we should stand ready to help, but wait to be asked so as not to intrude on the personal tragedy. However, maybe the investigating forces (Nice police? DA?) should get a press pack.
  28. anonhuff Member

This is the kind of shit that needs to be testified under oath to congress, the police, the FDA, anyone that will listen.
  29. Ten Tigers Member

Her name was Kaja Bordevich Ballo. She was someone's beloved daughter. On the day of her birth, she was held in her mother's arms and loved. As she grew up, her parents filled photo albums with pictures of her. She had friends who cared about her. She had built a life, and life had built around her. Her life touched others, and others touched hers. She was more than a tragic statistic. She was a human being, and she fought her battles and struggled and grieved and laughed and smiled and loved... To someone, she meant the whole world.

And now she's all gone...

NEVER FORGET.
  30. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

Feline Butcher, Cruise's ex-medical guru with ZERO medical education, goes on trial this week in LA Superior Court for multiple counts of practicing medicine without a license and grand theft.
  31. amaX Member

this beautiful young woman is gone. as a parent, i cannot tell you how wrong it would feel for your child to pass away before you. my sincerest condolences to the family and friends of kaja.

there is nothing good about $cientology. NOTHING.

32. ptsAnnon Member

Great link, I particularly like this part:
    Emphasis mine.
  33. deepthot42 Member

" (He is a)fearless healthcare spokesperson for his party"

Oh SHI- !
  34. MongoLloyd Member

Ah! Original Sauce!

That bit was quoted in one of the dagbladet.no articles I translated earlier.. although I guess it got a bit corrupted in being translated to Norwegian and back. :)
  35. Re: Norway: MP's daughter commit suicide after $ci personality test

^Agreed.
  36. anon902503 Member

Norway Anons need to contact the news agencies, and make it a point (this is VITAL) to inform the news agencies that EVERYONE does badly on Scientology's "personality tests." It's part of the cult indoctrination. It makes you think you NEED Scientology's help.
  37. Magoo Member

I just talked with Andreas, in Norway. He called me from the TV show where I was interviewed, when I was in OSLO. He's been flown in and done 10 interviews so far, and is doing a debate, tonight.

What a tragedy! OSA you can try to claim he doesn't care, we don't care...but nothing could be farther from the truth. You have been 'Caving people in" with this stupid Personality Test Since you switched from how it used to be done.

It used to be done with a person who would read the results, talk with the person, still "push their buttons"---but in a manner that was tolerable, imnsho, more or less just getting them interested in either a course, or buying a book. Now? Even when I was "in" I told them I thought it was HORRIBLE: It's a computer driven print out and they just READ:
    JOE SHMO__________YOU ARE A HORRIBLE COMMUNICATOR>
    NO ONE LIKES YOU>
    YOU CAN'T GET ALONG IN ANY GROUPS.
    YOU'RE A LOW RESPONSIBILITY PERSON
    On the positive........You like Animals.
    You need help. THERE'S A CHANCE_______COURSE WILL HELP YOU.
    (This is an example........not exactly........but now I remember it being.
    Truly, it sucked, and I told them so, when I was "in")

Anyways, Andreas is speaking with tons of news.
    He wasn't happy---------this is seriously horrific that a young person
    would take their own life, and Scientology---I have no words.

Thanks for the translations.

To the family..........my sympathy, my blessings to you all :flowers:

Magoo~~~
  38. indeedindeed Member

Noone is saying that the test is the only cause. But it looks like it contributed. Please take responsibility- at least once out of all the tragedies and suicides you contributed to. You want to replace psychiatry and warn of its dangers? Come on! Whats going on with you people?
  39. Unlisted Member

Andreas just did one debate on TV2, and is set for another debate on NRK at 8:25 PM (20:25)

The debate was preceded by an interview with Kaja's uncle and friend who went to school with her in Nice.
  40. Venerable Member

Here you can watch Andreas's interview about Scientology that was aired a few minutes ago (In Norwegian) - NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling