Customize

Nibs account of L. Ron Hubbard's anger at Volney Mathison over the E-Meter

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

I remember reading somewhere that LRH would fly into a rage due to Volney Mathison refusing to sell him the full rights to the E-meter, even throwing one at a wall or something.

Does anyone know where that is? I thought it was told by L. Ron Hubbard Jnr. but I could be wrongs.
  2. Anonymous Member

HALP! I've been googling for hours and I'M ALL OUT OF GOOG!!
  3. Internetzin Member

No luck here, but had fun rediscovering what a five star whack job Hubbard was.
  4. BLiP Member

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/mom/Messiah_or_Madman.txt
  5. Anonymous Member

6. DeathHamster Member

The joke is that neither of them really invented the e-meter. There were "Lie Detector" circuits published in electronics magazines years before Mathison came along with the same basic design.
  7. Anonymous Member

Isn't there a scene in "The Master" regarding this?

;)
  8. Quentinanon Member

There was a thread on WWP about this where I provided information that Swiss psychologist Carl Jung used a special ohm meter in his research and counseling.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Internetzin Member

10. DeathHamster Member

Mathison probably built his from the plans in 40s magazines. Someone dredged up an old copy of one of those magazines, and the circuit definitely looked like what eventually went on the e-meter patent.
    • Like Like x 1