Customize

New York, NY Post-Game 08/20/2011

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by conatus, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Cudgel Member

Dir. Public and Community Affairs

Church of Scientology of Ohio
  2. Cudgel Member

Hey. Did anyone actually get video of her claiming to be from TARU? NYPD takes a dim view of people claiming to be police officers (last time I worked with TARU they were ALL sworn officers, granted that was more than 10 years ago)...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cudgel Member

BTW: LOVED the beach party. Wish we could get away with it here without having to namefag someone for the permit...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cudgel Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Well since NY and Ohio are connected according to the CLO EUS, and we're appearing to already share Thalia, maybe one of our name fagged guys could sign for your permit. :)
  6. Anonymous Member

PS Conatus has great knees.
  7. Cudgel Member

That would be SO COOL!!! We'd LOVE to be able to hit Fountain Square with a flyer raid. I'll get back to you about it.
  8. Anonymous Member

Scientology
    Scientology Surf Report: Making Waves at the New York 'Org'

By Tony Ortega Sun., Aug. 21 2011 at 8:26 AM

Categories: Scientology

digg

We shot a few angles of yesterday's Anonymous protest outside the 46th Street Church of Scientology building. We have to hand it to these Anons for their creativity: the beach scene they created stopped quite a few tourists in their tracks -- and they were promptly handed leis that carried anti-Scientology messages.
    The Scientologists, for their part, were also clever. Either by design or by accident a large delivery truck pulled in front of the building and shielded its entrance from the protest for about a half hour. And employees came and went without paying much attention to the shouting.

Still, we were impressed that three years after these protests began, early in 2008, these folks are still at it. How they've managed to do that is what we asked Gregg Housh, one of the original sort of "leaders" of leaderless Anonymous, who was down from Boston for the party.
    "I would have quit three months into this if they hadn't kept energizing me actively," he said, referring to Scientology's habit of going after its critics.
    Another observation: three years ago, the Times Square tourists were nearly always mystified by what was going on. But now, I noticed many more who understood what was going on, stopped to talk to the protesters, and even egged them on.
    One middle-aged guy who looked like an insurance salesman from Ohio stunned me when he walked by, nodded his head, and said under his breath, "Yeah, Scientology, fuck those assholes."

Yikes.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/scientology_sur.php
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Anonymous Member

How is it that it's NY, but still that "leader" who is not the leader and not from NY is the person who feels he has to put his face out there?
    That said, reasonable points made by said person.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

But it also would have been nice given that exposure if there were a few remarks about current issues.

Thanks to Tony for running the story.
  11. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  12. anonsparrow Member

Wow. That's some good creative. Well done you glorious bastages!!
    • Like Like x 3
  13. subgenius Member

Can't add anything that hasn't been said, so why am I saying it?
    Best raid ever?
    • Like Like x 1

14. Bump this classic for today's sermon.......

Scientology "Reverend" John Carmicahael spreading the message.........
    • Like Like x 1

15. Ain't no rest for the wicked.......

The right "Reverend" John Carmichael and Scientology stuffs its bank account with righteous dollar bills.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. subgenius Member

Been wonderin' where that puthy smeller's been lately. Any sightings?
  17. pooks Member

New York anons are gloriously demented bastards one and all. I <3 them.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. another123 Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. moarxenu Member

Hey gregg, great to see you re-energixzed for raiding.

Well done, my beloved faggots motherfuckers!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  21. AnonLover Member

i8ap3h.jpg

LOL. Trolls!!! &lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3&lt;3 u guise!
    • Like Like x 3
  22. AnonLover Member

LAWL!!!! So much awesome i cant hardly stand it!
    zBua2h.jpg
    /APPLAUSE
    • Like Like x 4
  23. AnonLover Member

ZOMG - best shot of the day, i cant decide which one of these guise i &lt;3 moar:

wMZKSh.jpg

cCHJch.jpg

^^This must be the Conatus cute knees mentioned ITT?? (EDIT: no need to answer... just wondering my amusement outloud)
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Anonymous Member

Glad Gregg kept his shirt on. Double plus good on the babetech.
  25. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    <3 NYC Anons Rock <3
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

26. Anonymous Member

^^needs beach pahty anony version
  27. Chipshotz Member

So good. Looks like 2008.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. GuyFox Member

29. anonsparrow Member

Zomg! I think I'm drowning!!
    • Like Like x 1
  30. BLiP Member

• Like Like x 4
  31. Cudgel Member

1I just 'pooned all the TV stations and newspapers in Cincinnati with Thalia's photo and asked the question "why did she identify herself as an NYPD empoyee while videoing the Anonymous protest in NYC this past weekend?" I also supplied them with her name and local contact information at the cult. Next up is asking the local media (again) why they're afraid to cover news about the cult...

UPDATE: Channel 9 (WCPO) initially pulled the image from their Facebook page but after I complained they put it back. No response from anyone other than that...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210814022308805&set=o.52800043444&type=1&theater
    • Like Like x 3
  32. AnonLover Member

Naaaa... cant drown. Pool's closed due to #ButtChurch
    • Like Like x 2
  33. pokeanon Member

That was a seriously fun raid with all sorts of crazy going on. It was advertised as a party and certainly delivered in spades. Every minute stressing over making things go smoothly leading up the event was worth it. Theme raids will be making future appearances in NYC again for sure, but we need time to organize another as good as this.

More photos courtesy of Xenetta: http://imgur.com/a/v8GfN
    • Like Like x 3
  34. Anonymous Member

Moar sexxxy beasts.

QLdwfh.jpg

waUDeh.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

You all did a wonderful job. Major props. Wish I could have been there. But for illness, would have butt church-ed.
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Anonymous Member

More sexxay beast, plox!
  38. Anonymous Member

Just an FYI: Thalia Ghiglia's Facebook page has been deleted. Hope she hasn't ended up in trouble with the cult. Someone should ask her husband, Gustavo Durich. His page is still active.
  39. xenubarb Member

Hah hah hah! We NEVER forget!
  40. Cudgel Member

I've tried too get someone on the Familia Ghiglia FB page to react, but thus far no one has responded. Even a direct message to Gustav Durich (Thalia's husband) has been ignored. In fact, he's deleted HIS Facebook page. Talk about non-confront...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=117126971675425