Customize

New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by AnonNation, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Akoli Member

Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

I guess I got up around 4, then. I just remember I woke up about two or three minutes before you called.
  2. Kilia Member

Erika, that is so NEAT!! All those people getting hugs from the Anons! Wonderful! I take it some knew who "Anonymous" is. :D
  3. Anon_DESU Member

Tons of people knew, it felt really good to see so many people in a city with millions of people in a single hour recognizing what Anonymous is and what Anonymous is doing. More so all of them agreed with Anonymous' action. Hell, if just 1 person in the whole day recognize Anonymous that would still be rewarding if you consider the number of people in the whole city.
  4. 3_D Member

We had several people recognize us and give us encouragement for what we are doing. My favourite comment was from a lady who came over for a hug when we were outside of the org, "Anonymous, I love you guys! I sent my son to your website!"

I'll be there on 4/5 with more hug signs and more fliers for moar WIN~
  5. Anon_DESU Member

3_D is a pretty cool guy. eh gives out free hugs and doesn't afraid anything.
  6. KoolAid Member

7. AnonNation Member

I heard that, and it was wicked awesome!
  8. 3_D Member

Aww...that comment warms the cockles of my heart.
  9. KoolAid Member

It's too bad that the makeshift Tom Cruise video didn't make it, cause it would have been a YouTube hit for sure.
  10. Erika Bauman Member

Noooooo... I wants it. Murr. [strike]emailittomeplease[/strike] Lawl, I kid...mostly.
  11. Akoli Member

Did someone say Queens? xDDD
  12. AnonNation Member

I think we concluded last night on IRC that when all of this is over, that video will finally be posted. The Tom Cruise anon is "sarcastically fearful" that everyone from 3/29 is now going to try to take off his mask and "expose" him at 4/12. Also, every anon's face is clearly exposed and I don't have the sophisticated moviemaking software to blur faces.
  13. Anon_DESU Member

Yeah it is not worth the risk, let's just wait until we win. That will be an epic video so lets reserve it for an epic moment? something along those lines.
  14. Kilia Member

Wonderful hugs...wish I could have been there!
  15. 3_D Member

Anon Cruise is my hero.
  16. Anon_DESU Member

All of you are my an heroes.

Kilia: You should definitely come on the 5th then, I believe there will be more hugs and more awesome.
  17. anonsalz Member

as much as I'd like to see the Anon Cruise speaking to anon video, it's definitely in best interest to keep that on hold for awhile....as long as he infiltrates the CC to find out exactly what it is they do there!

It's true about the word getting out. People are starting to recognize us and the cause we stand for. It's a great feeling when people acknowledge our efforts and applaud them. Someone mentioned to me "great job, keep it up"

also great videos from the hugraid nation and erika. I'm glad you got some of my hugs in there <3
  18. AnonNation Member

Given how successful we were last Saturday, I see no reason why we should give up on doing this. Obviously, the Scilons don't want to come forward for a hug and then act like they are being assaulted when they risk being transfered thetans from SP's so I say we're in no danger.

Also, I uploaded a few more pics from Saturday to my Flickr album.

This woman REALLY liked to take pictures of us in Times Square. If she didn't have this uncomfortable look on her face when we offered her a hug and attempted to hand her a flier, her genuine interest in us wouldn't have seemed so suspicious.

I'm not quite sure what Warrior was doing here.

A hug.

Warrior has apparently fallen victim to the black oil parasite from The X-Files.

The delicious cake.
  19. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Tom Cruise anon here (holy shit guys! I'm famous...kinda... GO SEE MY NEW MOVIE!)

I kinda wanna be famous now, lulz.
    In all honesty, they really can't do much to me. I don't carry weapons. I don't drink or use drugs and I'm fully willing to call bullshit on everything they bring against me (paranoid anon carries camera everywhere). Hell even if I get outed, its more or less a callout to the OSA to follow me so I can record them stalking their favorite celebrity. They know i'll be expecting them and that anything used against me will spread like wildfire all over the tubes.

Still, for the sake of the other anons in the video, you guys are probably right.

Just know that should the video be leaked with the other anon's faces blurred out... TC anon will give his blessing.:rolleyes:
  20. anmoyunos Member

Someone mind at least explaining what the fuck this wonderful Tom Cruise Anon video entails?
  21. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Apparently, this anon here bears an uncanny resemblance to Tom Cruise. Upon demasking and a quick, impromptu audition (for the role of batshit-insane Cruise) I was assigned the lead role in a movie that had Tom Cruise desperately trying to place the critics of Co$ in intellectual checkmate with insane sci-faggotry.

I HAVE SUPER POWERS! WHOOSH!!:rant:

Not sure if its my best work, but the anon's seemed to enjoy it and for some reason, are convinced it will become a YT hit.
  22. 3_D Member

I think that even if you didn't bear such a striking resemblance to Mr. Insane-o your performance was certainly Oscar worthy. I could barely contain myself once you started giggling and jumped up on the chair.

TC Anon: "I can fly!"
    Anon: "Do a barrel roll!"

Ahhh...just remembering is hilarious.
  23. Anon_DESU Member

Wow, was I so engrossed in conversation with the old Greek couple that I can't remember nothing of what 3_D just said...:|
  24. 3_D Member

I don't suppose anyone with super editing powers can replace the faces w/GF Masks¿ You know, like how Cid's weapon was replaced with a banana in a clip, and Neo swinging around an ice cream cone...

Way beyond my powers or I'd do it myself. I need to lvl up.

Also, sorry about double post.
  25. AnonNation Member

If anyone has a program to accomplish that, I'll gladly send them the video. Either that or tell me of a trial software program I could find that could allow me to do it myself.
  26. KoolAid Member

GF masks on the other anon, but Tom Cruise's face needs to be superimposed onto WarroirOfAnon's head :tom:
  27. 3_D Member

Probably you could use Adobe After Effects. They have a Motion Tracking tool that would allow for keeping superimposed masks on faces. I only know a bit about using After Effects because I do my video editing with a free program called t@b zs4. I don't know if it has the capabilities for what is needed here, though.
  28. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Wow, I can't believe I missed the free hug campaign.

What's worse is that I missed it in the process.

T'is a shame.
  29. AnonNation Member

We'll probably be making some effort to repeat it this coming Saturday. If not then, definitely to one degree or another on 4/12.
  30. Consensus Member

Any time you go out with your 'free hugs' signs, there should be at least one less-approachable person in an LRH mask holding a sign that reads 'Hugs: $100'
  31. AnonNation Member

Someone came up with a similar idea somewhere else: Stand around the "FREE STRESS TEST" tables wearing a sign that reads "FREE STRESS RELIEF."