Customize

New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by AnonNation, Mar 27, 2008.

1. AnonNation Member

New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Let's show the Times Square Co$ a little love this Saturday. After seeing that one guy who looked like he was simultaneously sucking on a lemon and pissing himself last weekend, I think we really need to start showing them more of Anonymous' loving personality.

Please e-mail me at anonlegionseriesofnumbers@gmail.com for info/intell on meeting time and place and be prepared for some fliering or carding. At this moment, I have no idea how many people are planning on attending, and I'd like to be able to make a more accurate estimate. If a very large enough group of us is going to be attending, we're definitely going to have to spread out more around Midtown.
  2. AnonNation Member

Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

E-mail on all gathered intel will be sent out at about 8 or 9 tonight so we can better work on a strategy. If you are planning on making it on Saturday but haven't sent me an e-mail, PLEASE DO SO.

We don't have a lot of time to plan this, and it's important that we are all on the same page.
  3. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

This is a freaking amazingly good idea.
  4. yellowlight Member

i wana come
  5. redplaidsofa Member

6. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

OUR HUG RAID MUST HAVE AS MUCH WIN!!
    GO GO INTERNET LOVE MACHINE!
  7. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

based on that vid though, can someone get in touch with NYC cops to let them know whats going on? I REALLY HOPE THEY'RE COOL ON THIS. Why the hell would they ban hugs? I'm fairly certain all the people in that vid consented to each hug.

Hugrape? Lets not let the Co$ jump on that one.
  8. Unaware Member

Masked people asking for hugs sounds weird. :(
  9. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Bayfags have already assimilated your idea. We'll be out Saturday also... giving out hugs.
  10. Akoli Member

This sounds godly, consider me T H E R E. I'm pretty sure you still all have my number, if not <PM this user for it>.
  11. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Dude, what are you doing? Are you asking to be prank called forever?
  12. AnonNation Member

Holy fucking shit has this idea exploded! It looks like we're really going to have to work out some kind of quick plan to spread out all over Manhattan in small groups; if we all close in on the Co$, there's going to be chaos! As I've said twice already, email me for the specifics on all the intel I already have.

And if you are going to show up, if you can come prepared for flierbombing and carding subways, that would be a help.

Also, I really agree with WarriorOfAnon3's concern about contacting the police. This thing is getting too big for just me to keep track of.
  13. Gunslinger Member

Operation Let's See If Mace Works Through A Mask

Be careful about "Personal Space" and always be wary of Scientologists pretending to be the "public", possibly for the purpose of getting you to do just such a thing - coming into physical contact with them.

Other than that - I'm all for it!

As long as this never evolves into "Give a Scientologist a Reach Around Day."
  14. AnonNation Member

Right, right!
  15. anonsoldier Member

Hey, anything to give them an alternative method of releasing those harm causing thetans, amirite?
    :lrhcries:
  16. Erika Bauman Member

Hah, I'd try to get the scilon to hug me. I mean I'm only there to show them I'm not going to harm anybody. It'd help us if we were seen hugging one of their own, anyway.
  17. Anonabliss Member

You'd better travel in groups and be videotaping the whole time. I can see a scino claiming he was assaulted.
  18. anonsalz Member

I just sent you an email AnonNation. I'll be looking forward to Saturday, I just need the details especially since I have a friend accompanying me. Hopefully we'll get a decent turnout either way I look forward to seeing everyone in April. I haven't been on IRC for a few days, but I read that the channel was down anyways.
  19. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

Jesus Christ people. lets all put on the tin foil hats. OMG, $cilons will raep you if you hug them. I don't care what lerman says. I call bullshit if someone calls assault in TIME SQUARE, OR UNION SQUARE, with HUNDREDS OR PEOPLE AROUND. SF and NYC aint BUM FUCK NOWHERE. We'll be fine.
  20. Erika Bauman Member

Would we do this in front of the Co$? I just had a wonderful thought, having a bunch of us out across the street in front of the it (right in the view of their video cameras, OH BOY) and giving out delicious ca- er, hugs. And have some right in front of the building asking those coming out/going in.

I'd love to see them call the cops on us because they're suspicious and having them see the situation. Granted it won't be too nice if they lie about it, but that's what the cameras are for, like it's been said.
  21. AnonNation Member

Way too many people are planning on showing up to reasonably implement a strategy that involves hanging out in front of the Co$ in single group. Given how this plan just came about "all of a sudden" and in such a short amount of time, we won't have any time to file for a police permit which would allow us to stay outside the "Church" for long hours. Of course, if I'm wrong about that, let me know . . . but, being an LIfag, I won't have any time between now and the designated meeting time to seek out that permit (working college anon has to go to work and college).

I'll be making a couple of walking routes later today which should allow for smaller groups of anons to reach people all over Midtown and around the Org . . . and a few routes WILL be mapped out to have the groups walk directly past the Co$.
  22. 3_D Member

Actually, if anyone would ever take the time to read the lovely information included at the links in my sig then we would all know that we do not need a permit to rally.

Just so you don't have to read the tl;dr of the information on the NYCLU site:
    Know Your Rights: Demonstrating in New York City

Do I need a permit?

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to distribute handbills on a public sidewalk or in a public park, have a demonstration, rally, or press conference on a public sidewalk, or march on a public sidewalk and you do not intend to use amplified sound, you do not need any permit.

So really, if we wanted to we could all rally outside of the Co$ anytime we want so long as we don't obstruct sidewalk traffic and stay out of the streets. Of course, the police also have the right to come along and stick a cage around us or move us out of the way, but they cannot arrest us simply for rallying.

People also do the Free Hugs thing in NYC all of the time. No one has been hassled as far as I know.

So, really, we could have one or two (or more, depending on how many people we have) groups stationed outside of the Co$, while the others wander about Midtown having a jolly time.

See you all tomorrow.
  23. Anon_DESU Member

Anyone else coming in a suit? If it will just be me I wont go in one... Also I am bringing my camera too, I will make sure it is fully charged so it doesnt die like last time.
  24. 3_D Member

I'll be dolling up. Mostly because being dressy works as a disguise for me as well.
  25. CathyLong Member

wish i could go.. stupid midterms :/
  26. AnonNation Member

Just checking in for a quick second between classes and work. I've started mapping out different routes around Midtown, and all routes lead to 7th/8th and 46th St. at some point so everyone can head off their path for a moment and give a heartfelt "Hello" to the OSA while keeping the sidewalks relatively uncrowded.
  27. yellowlight Member

how many peeps are comeing
  28. Akoli Member

Pfeh. I gave my number last week and had no problems. I've had my number maliciously posted on /b/ and Craigslist before, comparatively this is no threat.

Also, I apparently need to get minutes. . .number should be operational by tomorrow, though. If you all meet and I'm not there, someone please give me a call because chances are the alarm didn't wake me up AGAIN.
  29. AnonNation Member

Just a quick message to everyone who doesn't frequently check their e-mail: New intel message is making the rounds.

I'd say that our plan is more or less solid; right now, it's just a matter of making sure everyone is on the same page. Paths have been mapped out to spread out our resources and cut down on traffic at the Co$ (just looking to keep those sidewalks clear for pedestrian travel). More than enough time will be allotted for every group to travel at a steady pace on their route and put about 20 minutes or so (depending on the breaks) aside to visit the OSA workers and ask them for a hug. And then, of course, there will be cake.
  30. Erika Bauman Member

Just printed about 350 of these babies. I didn't get to visit Kinko's today but perhaps tomorrow I shall go and be printing the two 'Have you seen me?' flyers the lovely CathyLong created (er, not the Suri one). Any suggestions as to how many I should print out?

I'll try to make some extra free hug signs if I can and tie them up so you can wear them.
  31. AnonNation Member

Between my 200 all-purpose general information fliers, 3_D's expected stack of ambiguous size, and your current 350 trifolds, I'd say we might have at least of a 700-800 fliers for certain.

Not to mention any fliers that anyone else might be brining that I haven't been told about.

Already prepared to have to split into 8 groups (and possibly have to make room for two more; who knows?), I'd say maybe 100-200 of each (at least just to have an even 1000) should make for a semi-decent load for a flierboming raid in some of the busiest areas in New York City.
  32. 3_D Member

My Stack of Ambiguous Size is roughly 100 reconnect.org cards, about 200 trifolds (the same Bauman printed), about 100 colour "heart" (various phrases) fliers, about 300 black & white "heart" fliers, and around 100 reconnect.org stickers. I say roughly and about because the printers I was using like to muck about and not print as many as you ask them to. I won't have as many coloured ones as I was hoping for...but the printer just wouldn't have any of it so. *shrug*

Think that'll be enough¿
  33. anony428 Member

Hug raids are never a bad idea.
  34. AnonNation Member

You know what? I think that will be enough!
  35. Askren Member

I'll be there tomorrow, suited, masked, signed, and with a whole mess of fliers of various styles.

Hugs will be had. Lulz will ensue.
  36. expert Member

I'll be there for sure!
  37. Anorumi Member

So long as you don't force a hug on anyone and back away when someone says "no", I don't foresee a problem. Just do what the Hug Campaign guy did. Made a giant sign that say, "HUGS FOR FREE!"

Should work.
  38. Re: New York City 3/29/08 Hug Raid

godspeed nycfags!
  39. anony428 Member

how is the raid going?
  40. Anonymeep Member

Horribly curious in Yurrup.. damn this time difference.. you guys must be getting back now ish, right? Tell tell tell!