Customize

New Protest Footage: Mousavi Arrested: General Strike Started

Discussion in 'Videos' started by ConciousGood, Jun 28, 2009.

1. ConciousGood Member

خبر رسیده است از یکی از همسایگان مهندس موسوی که وی ساعت9:30شب درخانه بازداشت شده است

برنامه اعتصابات عمومی سرتاسری میرحسین موسوی در تهران 1- دوشنبه 8 تیر ساعت 18 زنجیره انسانی از میدان تجریش تا میدان راه آهن 2- پنجشنبه 11 تیر ساعت 18 تجمع در میدان های ولی عصر, انقلاب, تجریش و هفت تیر 3- دوشنبه 15 تیر ساعت 18 تجمع در مقابل زندان اوین 4- پنجشنبه 18 تیر به مناسبت سالگرد کوی دانشگاه مقابل دانشگاه تهران با حضور تمامی مردم و دانشجویان 5- ایرانیان خارج از کشور مقابل سفارت ایران در همان کشور با شعار نویسی روی دیوار سفارت 6- فریاد الله اکیر هر شب ساعت 10 تا 10:30 در پشت بام منازل
    English news:
    Mousavi got arrested 28 June 9:30PM, general strike is started.

Tehran Qoba Mosque 2 28 June Tazahorat خیابان شریعتی مسجد قبا

2. Newbunkle Member

Is that accurate? A general strike is a huge development.
  3. ConciousGood Member

Yes that would be a very big development. Unfortunately I don't know for sure. I'm am merely posting information that I have found. Hopefully we can get it verified soon.
  4. Where did you get this info (no specifics are necessary)? Can you translate the Farsi into English please? I haven't found this info in any other blog or MSM source yet. So hopefully you can straighten it out soon. Thank you.
  5. ConciousGood Member

No sorry I don't speak Farsi, but I am sure someone in here in this forum can. Like I said I am just posting information that I found.
  6. Geraldanthro Member

previous reports

previous reports of his arrest
    on 06
    13th
    14th
    21st.

Nothing on any news channels.

G
  7. To lend credibility to your claim, please share with us where you found this info. Was it a news article? A blog? A phone call? What?
  8. We Need Someone who speaks Farsi to look at this!

Can someone please tell us what this video is saying? Can you give us the link where you found this video, something?

Is anyone around who speaks Farsi?
    Would love to share it, tweet it, but need confirmation!
    thank you!
  9. ConciousGood Member

Just click on the video and it will take you to youtube. That I where I got the video.
  10. Need someone speaks Farsi

You are saying he was arrested and they are asking for general strike..we need someone to confirm this?
  11. What relation does this video bear to Mousavi getting arrested? Come on, CC! The journalistic community has been shutdown in Iran. Folks need to have some way of verifying citizen reports. Please give us the evidence that Mousavi was arrested. Enuf time has passed now that MSM would have picked it up.
  12. Agree, please provide some way to verify this. What does this video have to do with the arrest of Mousavi?
  13. Peyi Member

The video shows a gathering. In the first 20 seconds people are shouting "marg bar dictator" which means "death/down with the dictatorship". After about 30 seconds they start shouting "irani mimirad, mellat nemipazirad" which means "iranians are dying, society/community wont accept". It´s little bit hard to make an exact translation. Anyway, after about 1:30 they shout: "hemayat, hemayat, iranie ba gheirat" which means something like "support us, support us, iranians with dignity".

By the way, regarding the arrestment of Mousavi, i heard CNN has announced this information too at this point.
  14. Thank you Peyi for the translation. Do you have a link to the CNN story about Mousavi's arrest? Also, by "arrest" what do people mean? Mousavi has been under virtual house arrest for some time now, his ability to speak severely curtailed. Do people mean he has been picked up and taken somewhere else for questionning?
  15. skollie-IRAN Member

Yes please could we have a link, as I've scoured CNN and cannot find anything.
  16. From tonight's Huffington Post:

10:18 PM ET -- Mousavi's Facebook site denies arrest reports. There are several accounts tonight that Mousavi was arrested. A message just posted on his Facebook page appears to deny them: "Mir Hossein Mousavi is not under house arrest, he is not about to leave the country, he is under strong pressure to end this. but he always said he will stand for the people's will to the end ! He is amongst people..."
  17. Angelraven Member

His Facebook has been hacked and is controlled by the Government, so, we really do not know what is going on.
  18. hangerhead Member

apparently his facebook is NOT hacked:
    from huffingtonpost@

10:18 PM ET -- Mousavi's Facebook site denies arrest reports. There are several accounts tonight that Mousavi was arrested. A message just posted on his Facebook page appears to deny them: "Mir Hossein Mousavi is not under house arrest, he is not about to leave the country, he is under strong pressure to end this. but he always said he will stand for the people's will to the end ! He is amongst people..."
  19. Mousavi could be arrested and executed, and the world would not know for days or even weeks because of the censorship the Iranian cyber agents have been doing on all the information outlets. His websites are hacked and there are government bitches on them now pretending to be him, giving out false information, and no one has heard from him for days. His silence alone is cause to worry.

The people who hacked his pages are probably the people on here right now telling everyone not to believe he has been arrested.

If he does not appear in public, to address the people face to face, I am going to assume that he has been arrested, and the government is keeping it a secret. Who knows what he has been subjected to so far?

Mousavi needs to speak!
  20. Why do you not provide a link to this huffington post site? And even if it is real, how do we not know they are not fooled by the agents who hacked the page?

"A message just posted on his Facebook page appears to deny them: "Mir Hossein Mousavi is not under house arrest" - who posted this message? A government traitor pretending to be him? Probably.
  21. Yes. He needs to come out in public and speak. Not some video made with a gun pointing at him from off the camera, not some bullshit words anyone could have written. He needs to come out in person where everyone can see him and address his people.
  22. Huffiington Post:

Iran Uprising Live-Blogging (Sunday June 28)

As for your accusation of "government traitor", personal attacks are not going to help us, particularly when the personal attacks have no basis in fact.

It is the facts which we are trying to get. Yes, it is logical to assume that Moussavi's activities have been curtailed because of his long silences and rare appearances in public (recently). But words and facts are not the same. With the demise of the journalistic community in Iran, it is really important to get our facts straight. People's lives are on the line!

So let's not be so quick to accuse each other, OK?
  23. They weren't calling the poster a government traitor. They said government traitors had hacked Mousavi's website, and are using it to hide the fact he is arrested.

I agree. He needs to come out in public, where everyone can see his face, and speak. Then there is no doubt as to whether he is under arrest or not. Messages on a page that could be hacked, audio broadcasts you can't even understand that could be coming from a jail cell, those don't cut it. Face to face, in person. Anything else is bullshit and it is best to assume he is under arrest. The fact he doesn't appear ever says he is under arrest of some form or another.