Customize

NEW LAWSUIT: For Kyle Brennan.

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anon752, Feb 16, 2009.

1. none given Member

Re: NEW LAWSUIT: For Kyle Brennan.

Where did you hear this?
    What do you imagine it means?
    Links please.
  2. LilDebbie Member

and for anyone calling in to the radio show tomorrow who needs ammo to call Pat on her horseshit, here's a link to a vulture minister site boasting on how they help people get off antidepressants. i recommend reading the text on air followed by the URL.

http://www.volunteerministers.org/aboutpgm/solutions/handling_drugs.html?locale=es_ES
  3. subgenius Member

LOL Co$ of Belleaire......
  4. mrfyde Member

already had edited them into the post you quoted but incase anyone hasn't refreshed that page:
    Missing Persons Report: Kyle T. Brennan

As to what it means it is just another piece of the puzzle that we need to look at. I don't know if between the time the report was filed and Klyle's death that is mother EVER knew where he was. When he showed up in FL did the father call her and let her know ? did he know that there was a MPR ? Was his dad w/ him in CA, IA, and HI ? I DON'T KNOW.
  5. subgenius Member

And the worse off he was beforehand makes it that much more important to not take away his meds and leave a loaded gun around.
  6. azonymous Member

From the Big Book of Scientology Parenting Advice for Troubled Teens
    Lock up the Meds, Leave out the Loaded Guns
  7. Smurf Member

Denise is not on staff.
  8. Herro Member

I loled
  9. Smurf Member

It really blows me away that the Clearwater Police did not charge Tom Brennan for having a role in his son's death... even involuntary manslaughter would have been valid. Locking Kyle's anti-anxiety meds in his truck & leaving out a .357 Magum? What the fuck was his father thinking?

Has the Clearwater Police become so influenced by Scientology that they're willing to compromise the public's trust to become a tool for the cult??
  10. Re: NEW LAWSUIT: For Kyle Brennan.

also

ditch the seizure meds, don't provide adequate seizure supervision
  11. AnotherMrPink Member

Ok, so she is not on staff. Can you be not on staff and still work at the Org? How does it work, she is deff AT the Bellaire Org.
  12. Smurf Member

Sorry for the importing, but this insightful thread on OCMB has very revealing information on one of the defendants in this case, Denise Miscavige Gentile, who several years ago was declared out-PR, out-ethics & out-2D (cheating on her husband at the time and sleeping with her current husband, Gerald).

Numerous KR's were filed on her, but because she's cult royalty, those that filed KR's on her were disciplined and her actions resulted in a huge lawsuit involving the SEC:

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - DENISE MISCAVIGE IN SEX,FRAUD SCANDAL AT DIGITAL

Obviously, Denise Gentile & her husband are uncaring sociopaths. Why in the world would Tom Brennan call these two thugs versus someone else in the cult?
  13. Herro Member

Calm down there crazy. I'm not sure any prosecutor would have an easy time of convincing a jury that something criminal happened here. Wrongful death is the right way to go. I can't realy make any judgment before the CoS has a chance to defend itself, but if these facts really tell the whole story then I would say that this is a pretty clear instance of wrongful death.
  14. 33755 Member

Only because to win in a criminal case you need to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" whereas in the civil case you only need to prove "by a preponderance of evidence". It's easier to win in civil cases - but you have to pay for your lawyer, whereas in criminal cases the state pays for the lawyers.
  15. 33755 Member

Google is your friend. Even *I* recall reading that yesterday when I googled "kyle brennan" and "denise miscavige". It was on the first page of google links.
  16. 33755 Member

Property is in the tax rolls as "425 CLEVELAND ST" which includes address#s 421, 423 & 425.

Owner is a scilon-lover, but not reputed to be a scilon.
    TSAFATINOS, TERRY
    667 SNUG ISLAND, CLEARWATER FL 33767

Property is a 3-story building of "mixed use - Store w/Office or Apartment above or in the rear".

pic2ci1.jpg

pic1iv2.jpg
  17. pooks Member

How do you know this?
  18. Re: NEW LAWSUIT: For Kyle Brennan.

Harpoon ling: Mom sues Church of Scientology in son's death - St. Petersburg Times

Heads up!

Most of the original long list of intelligent, educated comments have been bumped off by scilon shills blaming psyches and everyone else BUT the cult and Miscavige's sister for Kyle's death.

Apparently the St. Pete Times only displays the most recent 30 or so comments.
  19. Hartman5555 Member

Pirate Bay main page: They got a pic of Cruise and Katie with Xenu, priceless. When you click on it it takes you to the scientology secret docs. Got to love it.
  20. Re: NEW LAWSUIT: For Kyle Brennan.

one comment from 'spock':

live short and profit

lol, sounds exactly like scientology
  21. cowboyanon2 Member

its on upi now..

Florida mom sues Scientology over suicide - UPI.com

-----------------
    TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 17 (UPI) -- A Florida woman charges in a lawsuit that the Church of Scientology contributed to her son's death by denying him access to antidepressants.

The lawsuit filed in Tampa, Fla., contends that 20-year-old Kyle Brennan shot himself in 2007 while with his Scientologist father, who allegedly took away Brennan's medication and tried to put him into a church-oriented drug treatment program.

Brennan wasn't a Scientologist and had been staying with his father, Thomas Brennan, in Clearwater, Fla., for about a week before his death. The lawsuit alleges two other Scientology members convinced Thomas Brennan to lock up his son's medication.

The St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times said Tuesday that church officials denied any role in Brennan's death, saying the defendants weren't Scientology leaders and the incidents all took place off church property.
    ---------------------
  22. subgenius Member

Owned by the moonies, but wtf?
    Maybe its cult vs. cult.
  23. cowboyanon2 Member

tampa tribune story...

------------
    TAMPA - A mother is blaming Scientologists for her disabled son's death, which police ruled a suicide.

Victoria L. Britton has filed a federal lawsuit accusing Scientologists, including her son's father, of taking his antidepressant prescription from him and giving him access to a loaded gun.

A police investigation, however, concluded that Kyle Brennan, exhibiting symptoms of schizophrenia, willingly stopped taking medication before he visited his father and that there was "no evidence they were purposely kept from" him.

Brennan, 20, was not a member of the Clearwater church, but his father, Thomas, was, according to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court by Britton, who lives in Virginia.
    -------------
    http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/feb/17/mother-sues-scientologists-over-sons-2007-death/
  24. whoever Member

The moonies own the Washington Times, not the St. Petersburg Times.

ETA: Sorry, misunderstood, I am lame and suck numerous cocks and need to study up on the UPI.
  25. cowboyanon2 Member

he was talking about the upi story.. moonies own upi now too.. which was news to me..
  26. whoever Member

Oh, how embarrassing. I will go clumsily edit so I will feel better about my mistake!
  27. Optimisticate Member

Quick and easy listing of news articles: - Google News

Up to 4 right now.
  28. subgenius Member

Yeah willingly stopped meds.
    And loaded gun totally legal.
    Nothing to see here.
  29. cowboyanon2 Member

30. mrfyde Member

from 33755
    I obviously remembered reading it or wouldn't have asked but wanted to do so in a way where I didn't seem like an arrogant know it all that puts *stars* around the word "I" and wanted to know if information at all applied to this case. And because it was not mentioned I wanted to not only draw attention to it if only to discredit it if I had heard it from some conspiracy nut that we do have our share of.

As a matter of fact the creator of the video I learned about Kyle's death from had several factual errors in it. For example it said Kyle died as a result of not taking medication not a suicide via a 35.

Many Scientology critics on other boards make it a habit to gloss over the errors made by bold statements and let the record go uncorrected for years that leads to even more strange conspiracy theories so I was trying to approach the subject gently.

Now if you will excuse me I am expecting a warning from a Mod about chatting in a thread.
  31. 33755 Member

mrfyde: I thought your question was perfectly reasonable. My scolding was in response to this post:
  32. anonymous612 Member

Briefly? No, stfu and gtfo our police's metaphorical face. CPD != owned by CoS, and we're all tired as hell of having to explain that to you guise.

Of the businesses I can recall off the top of my head being in there, all of them are Scilon-owned. For the record.

For the curious, that big brick building far left is the main Flag etc training building in downtown.
  33. Smurf Member

Calm down, sweet pea. Going AO on us only makes you look ignorant, but you are, obviously, correct:

CLEARWATER — Police investigated the role Scientology played in the suicide of a troubled young man two years ago, but did not conclude church members forced him off his antidepressant medication or contributed to his death.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/article976898.ece

* Police admitted the medication was locked away in the father's truck? How ignorant can the CPD be? Kyle's mom should add the Clearwater Police to her lawsuit for their utter negligence.
  34. anonakatie Member

Thnx for pics and info, 33755 and 612.
  35. subgenius Member

Wonder where Kyle's dad is right now.
    Maybe taking the Moxon grief counselling course.
    Removing that reactive mind.
  36. Smurf Member

Tom Brennan's apartment at 423 Cleveland St. is listed under:

Category: Real Estate - George Malnati - Clearwater Village, LLC.
    423 Cleveland St. - Clearwater, FL 33755-4005 - Tel. 727-447-5579
    Fax 727-443-3651

George Malnati - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project
  37. 33755 Member

There's a whole string of businesses run out of that location and they are online:

Go to Permits/OCL Home

Parcel# 16-29-15-20358-002-0030

Addresses associated with this parcel:
    425 CLEVELAND ST
    421 CLEVELAND ST B
    421 CLEVELAND ST A-REAR
    421 CLEVELAND ST
    421 CLEVELAND ST A
    429 CLEVELAND ST
    423 CLEVELAND ST
    423 CLEVELAND ST 102

Click on the parcel# link and you'll see more entries.

OCL = Occupational License and shows every business who ever registered with that address.
    BCP = Building Code Permit
    SGN = Signage
    UNS = (I don't know)

You'll see such businesses as Scientologist Ian Shillington's "The Rabbit Hole" (now closed), Scientologist-run Franklin Realty, a radio station, a book store, wedding photography, a salon/barber, management training & consulting, Scientologist run employment agency "The People Link", Scientologist-run real estate developers Clearwater Village LLC, and more.
  38. subgenius Member

39. Smurf Member

I love how Google maps allows us to see photos at a given location. Nostalgic.. alot of things have changed in Clearwater since I was there... even got to use the arrows from the hyperlink to locate my old haunt on the 2nd floor of the Cleveland Bank Building... OSA offices (building's alley) at 4 Watterson Avenue.

What happened to the One Stoppe Shop? Where's the newspaper/magazine shop that was next to it? I miss the old Clearwater..
  40. 33755 Member

One Stoppe Shop moved to 411 Cleveland:

411 Cleveland St, Clearwater, FL‎ - Google Maps