Customize

New Horizons or New Whorizons, amirite?

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

New Horizons or New Whorizons, amirite?

New Horizons shows up on old WISE lists so Scientology may be behind some recent New Horizons websites (e.g., w w w.newhorizons.c o m). But what I see on these sites looks like Study Tech translated from Hubbard-speak into ordinary English.

If I were running an Applied Scholastics business right now, I'd be thinking about re-writing my publications in hopes of escaping the damaged Scientology brand. And given the recent exodus of church executives, the risks associated with trying to escape the RTC licensing deal may now be manageable. Ergo, it would not surprise me to learn that New Horizons is now out of WISE.

But even if the company has made itself free of Scientology, I think it bears watching. Useless middle-man scams hurt people and are a set-up for spying. Plus these guys are nothing if not ambitious:
    I admit my concerns about the aims of New Horizons are speculation. But one observation is indisputable: what these people put on their website exemplifies the sort of vague and useless tl;dr marketing bullshit now appearing everywhere and quite often ruining everything. See if you can read the paragraph below without developing a strong wish to stab someone in the face:
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: New Horizons or New Whorizons, amirite?

YouTube - New Horizons promotional video

Pearson VUE administers lots of national tests including medical board re-certification exams. Test takers sit in front of computers at designated sites so there's no paper record of answers to specific questions --i.e, no *easy* way to rule-out electronic manipulation of database records.
  3. Anonymous Member

Domain Name: NEWHORIZONS.COM
    Registrar: CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.corporatedomains.com
    Referral URL: http://www.cscglobal.com
    Name Server: PDNS1.CSCDNS.NET
    Name Server: PDNS2.CSCDNS.NET
    Updated Date: 11-dec-2010
    Creation Date: 19-feb-1992
    Expiration Date: 20-feb-2017

Dates of incorporation:

New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, Inc
    6-19-1991
    New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Santa Ana, Inc
    8-15-1994
    Nova Vista, L.L.C.
    11-20-1998
    New Horizons Worldwide, Inc
    8-17-1999
    New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Sacramento, Inc
    4-1-1999
    New Horizons Education Corporation
    7-24-2006

NH Mexico, Inc, dba New Horizons of Latin & South America
    6-2-2008
    New Horizons Franchising Group, Inc
    10-22-2008
    New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Seattle, Inc.
    11-12-2008
    New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Portland, Inc
    2-2-2009

All use this contact address and agent:
    National Registered Agents Inc
    1900 S State College Blvd Ste 450 Anaheim, CA 92806

All incorporated in CA except New Horizons Franchising Group Inc which is registered in TX.

All incorporated by Mark A Miller except Nova Vista LLC and New Horizons Franchising Group Inc which list both Mark A Miller and Curtis L Smith.
  4. Anonymous Member

OMG

In just a few weeks time, New Horizons is expected to sneak through and infiltrate the orbit of
    _UR _ _ ANUS

[IMG]

As part of the Church of Scientology's fiendish plot to disseminate the Tech everywhere "the sun don't shine".

Are we up for a raid?
  5. Anonymous Member

Sad stories:
  6. JohnnyRUClear Member

No Scientology link here, AFAICS. Keep trying?

I've actually taken a few courses at NH years ago. While that was before I'd studied Scientology, I don't recall anything weird about it -- and the computers worked. ;-)