Customize

New Frontpage

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noclaf Member

Re: New Frontpage

I think he was saying he didnt know wwp had a forum for canada... neither did I.
    Whats with the america bashing?
  2. Anonymous Member

New frontpage needs more Cowbell
  3. gregg Member

The illuminati are weak and useless. You should not be concerned with them.
  4. Anonymous Member

[IMG].
  5. Puddin_Tame Member

looks beautiful guys, great job
  6. Anonydon Member

Quit fucking with my Thetans!
  7. Crappy Member

Ohai guise.

What's going on here?
  8. Zhent Member

Ok seriously is anyone working on the frontpage?

If nothing is happening then sadly I will have to remove WWP links from our fliers, as right now it is completely useless as a 'further information' resource. I'm already disappointed we handed out 1000 fliers last month not realising our information URL was practically down.

I won't claim to know anything about web-design, but why put up a temp page when you don't intend to finish it soon? Why not leave the old one up till your ready to properly upgrade? Why not at least put a frontpage link to the old resource page?
    If your not going to do any of this can you at least post the old site so we can host it elsewhere?
  9. Anonymous Member

as an alternative for information this forum is not too bad, what do you think? its not like those 1000 flyers are lost
  10. Mark Cabian Member

That looks old and ugly. Try this.

gaycake.th.jpg
  11. Re: New Frontpage

Mr. Cabian that cake looks delicious and moist.
    May the new front page be as juicy.
  12. Anonymous Member

Agreed. How about some delicious goatse cookies? Goatse-Cookies.jpg
  13. kitfisto Member

^^^
    Thats fucking win right there
  14. Fuckeye Member

The forum is terrible for information. Anyone going to the link, and finding these forums for the first time, will be overwhelmed by the amount of subforums/topics/information within, and there is a lack of a topic summarising what we're all about in an obviously placed location. The Read This First subforum has an FAQ, but that appears to be aimed at people that already have some idea of what we're doing/how to take part (i.e. Where do I get a mask?), same for the Getting Started topic. The average member of the public will take one look at the forums, and instantly look for some kind of summary as to who we are/what we do/why etc. We had one, but at the moment, we don't; so yes, the flyers are mostly lost.
  15. Random guy Member

The frontpage looks OK, why is it stil "Under construction"?

Would it be an idea to as a page with the same content as the old frontpage (short, general articles about the cult and anonymous etc) and link it from the end of the the column dedicated to WWP on the frontpage, or from the top of the WWP forum page?
  16. sue Administrator

It is being worked on, but since it is volunteer work it also takes volunteer time.
  17. Fuckeye Member

So surely putting the old one back up until it's done would make sense?
  18. Crappy Member

^^ this. I also got confused reactions after handing out bizz cards with WWP links.
  19. sue Administrator

no since the old one was python django and the new one is done in php.
  20. Re: New Frontpage

To expound on this, we're putting a lot of time, and a bit of what little money we have, into trying to fix the site up and make it a better experience for you, the users. As sue said, its volunteer time, so we have to take what we can get as we get it. In the mean time, please be patient, in the end it'll be worth it.
  21. KillerCat Member

Ehmmm...there are no users and the rest. WE are Anonymous. How about involving the community?
    We have no leaderz, remember? Where could one submit ideas or other kind of input? In addition how about ask for money if you need something?
  22. da5id Administrator

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.

srsly though, we had a bit of a hangup on the frontpage thing so sorry about that one.. it wasn't meant to take this long. then we had a bit of a miscommunication on how to get the old site back up. But, I've got the old familiar one back in place for now.

We all friends again? <3
  23. sue Administrator

With the bad faith we inherited thanks to the staff from enturb ? When we had / have requests for donations just to run the site we already get to endure drama. Let alone if it'd be for a "network upgrade" of sorts. Which would give way to many a deja vue of sorts.

eitherway old frontpage is up.
  24. Anonymous Member

anonymous is not your friend

(have I got that right?)

srsly, at least now people can find direction for donations...which presumably brings at least some actual money in addition to drama

oh ok... <3
  25. ARC Member

Suggestions:

Menus:
    - The floating top menu of the forums now links only to Home, Forums, and Wiki. Perhps add Links | How Can I Help | Donations | Chat to that.
    - Remove the Calendar from the forum menu. Almost nobody uses it.
    - Make the FAQ link on the forum menu and on the message you see when not logged in point to the FAQ thread in the beginners forum instead of to the default forum software FAQ. (If people don't know how to forum, we can put a link to information about that in the FAQ thread. The main problem people have here is not how to post more, but how to Chanology.)

Front page suggestions:
    - Add a link to Wiki
    - On the longer term, how about putting a recent news item on the front page like on the front page of enturb? To reduce work for admin/mods we could include it from wiki or RSS feed. Regular users can make the content, and then mod just clicks approve.
  26. Zak McKracken Member

Well then,
    instead of asking for money, why don't you give us money?
    If Scientologists are willing to fork over big bucks to endure endless abuse,
    surely WWP admins could pay their users for the privilege of keeping this site afloat.

I'll bet that would settle some hard feelings.
  27. Random guy Member

Hm, I see the old front-page is up again. I hope you guys find a way to make it the want you want it. the new one was nice, but the old one is a lot more informative for the noobs.
  28. Anonymous Member

It pisses me off you guys are still calling it the Church of Scientology on your pages. At least put 'Church'.

It's not a Church. It's an organisation or a cult. You are effectively doing an aspect of the cults lying pr bullshit for them by agreeing to call it the Church of Scientology.
  29. Fuckeye Member

I suggest you go away and look at what they're called.

Like it or not, it's their name.
  30. Anonymous Member

If you read the history of the cult and perhaps a book on propaganda and use of language, then I would hope you'd perhaps understand the point I'm making.

The cult called themselves a Church and then attempted (in certain countries succeeded) in gaining recognition as a religion specifically to get tax breaks and to avoid immigration restrictions against Scientology - in particular into the UK.

By calling them a Church you're joining in the fraud, you're validating their lies, helping to promote them as a religion.

Call them The 'Church' of Scientology and you are challenging the lie, pointing it out to people, perhaps asking others to question it.

A minor point, but I feel a very important one in educating people about what they're up to and stopping them recruiting and ultimately dismantling the cult.

This is a fundamental starting point in the argument against Scientology. Hubbard's plan was to "make willing slaves" and "make a million" out of a bogus religion.

Scientology is not a Church, not a religion. It's a premeditated con.
  31. Fuckeye Member

I get your point, it's still their name.
  32. Anonymous Member

So you're ok with helping the cult promote themselves, obtain tax breaks and use loopholes in visa requirements etc under the guise of a church and religion and you're happy to assist them with that by repeating that they are a Church?

You're happy to not clearly challenge their fake status at ever opportunity?
  33. Anonymous Member

So why don't you question that?
  34. themadhair Member

It does not matter. It is their legal registration. That they are using the word incorrectly doesn't change the fact that their incorporation dox say church.

Take the CCHR. We know they have nothing to do with human rights. But I doubt you would start arguing to use a different name for them giving that, whether you like it or not, it is the name they are legally incorporated under.

Red herring / missing the point much?
  35. Anonymous Member

You can call it the 'Church' of Scientology - people will not be confused. You're not completely renaming it to a point of no recognition. You're just clarifying it's a front name for something that is not a Church.

Regarding CCHR - If you make it clear that scientology is a bogus 'Church' it makes it easier to then explain to people how all of their numerous front groups use emotive language to push a twisted scientology agenda. And yes, I'd lobby for CCHR to be renamed and/or exposed for what they really are.

Hence the importance of not re-iterating without question that scientology is a Church. It's the first obvious screaming great lie and you're repeating it for them.
  36. themadhair Member

A piece of bull-fucking-shit if I ever saw it.
  37. Re: New Frontpage

Dear Anonymous samefag,

Thank you for your understandable concern.

We protest the Church of Scientology. That's their full name, that's how the world knows them, that's what Google recognizes them as, etc.

Please feel free to call them the Cult of $cientolology, or the Killer Kult from Outer Space, or the Second Coming of Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band - it doesn't matter to me. However, referring to the organization as their current proper name on our front page is in everyone's best interest.

In short:

Church. It works and it helps (our) SEO.
  38. Anonymous Member

It should matter to you what people call it.

I see your point but it's their current chosen name that they benefit from globally. You could make your position clearer on your front page calling it Scientology, stating they call themselves The Church of Scientology or calling it the 'Church' of Scientology.

2 years ago people on here had problems calling Scientology a cult (the correct word), argued that they thought people would think the word too extreme. Then ENG called it a Cult and everyone was behind him - the press, public. They got it. It was hugely important to get people to start calling it a cult, using the correct word.

And we had a campaign in the U K for Scientology not be called a Church and to be re-named under the trades description act - so lobbying for name changes of organisations that con people is not a new idea. It didn't succeed but it got peoples' attention on the issue.
  39. themadhair Member

How is it possible for a person to miss the point by this amount???? Seriously, do you work at achieving this level of point missing????
  40. Azazel Member

I don't just think it was missed, it perhaps was not comprehended so not in essence 'missing' per say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.