Customize

Need unbiased site with info on Scientology

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by PenguinOfDoom, Mar 12, 2008.

1. PenguinOfDoom Member

Need unbiased site with info on Scientology

I stress the word "unbiased." No wikipedia shit. I need a legitimate site.
  2. ChuckyLarms Member

Re: Need unbiased site with info on Scientology

Is wikipedia biased?
    what kind of information are you looking for?
  3. deepthot42 Member

Actually, I find Exscientology kids is very fair.
    http://www.exscientologykids.com/index.html

They give first person accounts of ex-members from both sides (some for and many against)
    Also has bare bones explanation s of some church practices/policies.
  4. Re: Need unbiased site with info on Scientology

Wikipedia is as unbiased as you are going to find as regards Scientology. Try reading all 999 Discussion pages for all the damn hard work people have put into it, fending off constant attack by the cult and by trolling idiots.
  5. saerat Member

Yeah I would say the wiki is fair o.o
  6. akdennis3 Member

I would recommend beliefnet.com . I've taken a brief look at their scientology section and I think they've done an admirable job of trying to provide the public with basic info on scientology without any 'spin.' It's not very detailed but it may be what you're looking for.
  7. UnknownEntity Member

Well, beliefnet.com has great basic info about scientology's religious beliefs, but nothing beyond "clear" and practically nothing on scientology as an organisation.
  8. Re: Need unbiased site with info on Scientology

XENU.NET

Don't settle for sites that are trying TOO hard to be "neutral" or "unbiased." This usually translates as "not wanting to step on $cientology's toes."

Those days are over. Now is the time for truth. And XENU.NET has some of the most prolific examples of documentation and personal experience that you'll find. And Andreas makes it abundantly clear that if anyone challenges what they see on his site, they are ENCOURAGED to write to him and address those issues. He will actually make changes to his site if you find an inaccuracy.

Personally, I found the Wikipedia article to be pretty unbaised - without being just another of the Co$' bitches.
  9. Samuel Hughes Member

Make that Scientology's PUBLIC religious beliefs.

You wont learn anything objective about Scientology from a Scientologist - just the party line and their fabriacted experiences.

(I like hearing their positive experiences on one level, but recognize that the Moonies or anyone else have similar "success stories" of wonderful new life, yadda, yadda. You have to weigh it accordingly or you will be massively misled ...)

As for "fair" sites ... if it's factual, Scientologists will not consider it fair, as in their eyes either you are a critic or one of them. So ignore any comments of theirs about who is the KKK or whatever. Just look for facts and weed out bias as nedded.
  10. zed Member