Customize

Need an atty's advise/help..ASAP

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by formerlyIN, Jul 29, 2008.

1. formerlyIN Member

Need an atty's advise/help..ASAP

I am scheduled to give my affidavit tomorrow AM and was just informed that it will be video taped. I knew it would be recorded. but this is the first I heard of the taping. Is this standard?

I could only have an atty present, and legal aide wants no part of it. It's not going to deter me, but I want to know if I'm being jacked around.
  2. GrogStat Member

Re: Need an atty's advise/help..ASAP

I'm not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure that recording is standard.
  3. LRonAnon Member

You are OK.

Video is very powerful, and is common. Be honest, don't make over the top statements. Be clear and direct.

video is no different that an audio recording, it just adds the visual component.

Video is SOP.
  4. formerlyIN Member

Thank you. I was told it would be recorded(audio) but today they threw the video thing at me. I'm just going to answer to the best of my knowlege. Nothing added, not fabricated, and not be afraid to say "I don't know" or "I can't remember". I have to say, I am scared shitless. Once I do this, I fear things will only get worse for me...
  5. LRonAnon Member

Yes, being nervous is expected, its natural for something like this.

The audio captures the statement, the visual captures the human nature of the person as they disclose the information. THAT can be very powerful.

Expect to feel validated at times and you can also expect to feel they are prodding you. This is OK, they are looking for information and you feeling prosecuted for a moment will most likely happen, expect it and be OK with it. It is their job to investigate from an objective position.

When you feel as if your being scrutinized, realize it is OK.
  6. formerlyIN Member

Do I have the right to ask for breaks?

Can they really deny me the ability to have someone who is not an atty to be present?

Do I have the right to terminate if they get nasty?
  7. Voland Member

It is resonable for them to let you take bathroom breaks. KEEP IN MIND.. You have not a dammed thing to be afraid of.. You did not do ANYTHING wrong.. ok Be calm confident and relaxed. You have nothing to be afraid of I have been in SIMILA situations before.

You fellow anon have the truth and that is something that will shield you and protect you from any harm. The truth is what frees us and makes us free. We are anon because we spread the truth when it would be squelched.

Srssly man don't bother gettign worked up about it. Just be casual and layd back.
  8. LRonAnon Member

You need to understand, this is a procedure that has been developed over time and millions and millions of dollars have been spent to make it efficient and effective.

You are not under arrest, but they are in control. Accept their procedures protocols. You can shut up and walk out at anytime, but don't.

When its over you will feel empowered. You can ask for someone to contact if fair games increases. Off video you can ask many questions and get some answers, they will not show their hand of whats going on.
  9. formerlyIN Member

This is a time I wish I owned a video camera.....

Well I have one but it's the VCR type that's like 10 years old...useless...
  10. Anne Ominous Member

Good man/woman/thetan!

Testimonies like this are very powerful weapons against the secrecy and criminality of the cult. Stay cool. You'll be AWESOME :)
  11. LRonAnon Member

lol, this isn't a sec check! ...they are trained to do this, they will do their job and part of that is to be sensitive your state of mind. There will be no bright lights or ash tray.

They may seem like robots to some extent, that because they do this type of interview all the time. New to you, just another day for them.
  12. momISanon Member

formerlyIN -

You'll be OK. Just remember, this is SOP for them. It's mundane as hell. Remember, even if you get a 'surley attitude', they are working for us. This empowers your case, and theirs, and is an excellent way to get evidence. Don't let the cams worry you. If you gave testimony to a police officer, they would tape you as well. TAPING IS GOOD FOR THEM TO BUILD A CASE! Just smile, relax, and it'll be fine. They will probably ask you questions from all different angles for validation and to add strength to your testimony. Don't let that put you off. There's a reason.

If I was to meet up with ya' after the interview.....I'd buy you a nice, tall beer!

I'll be prayin' for ya'!

MIA
  13. Re: Need an atty's advise/help..ASAP

Recording is normal for depositions. Don't sweat that.

I sent a PM to Graham Berry and MartinJDAnon for you.

Hopefully they'll retrieve them and contact you before tomorrow.

But Graham is at a raid in NYC today, so if anyone has his Cell# and can call him, that would be more effective.

e: Just remember, the law is on your side. It's okay to be nervous, but there's really nothing to be worried about.
  14. GrogStat Member

This is only my impression from looking at the lives of the long term outspoken 'critics' of scientology.
    A) The more open you are about what happened & show you are not afraid, they less they can do to screw with you. Screwing with you at that point only attract bad PR to them.
    B) Once you record the video, nothing they can do can take that video back. So it's pointless for them to try & undue what has already been done.

Those are only my observations. The Old Guard would be able to give it to you straight from the horses mouth.
  15. xfool4now Member

I sent her the contact info. I will be raiding with him this afternoon and try to ask him about it.

x
  16. formerlyIN Member

I sent him an email a few minutes ago.
  17. xfool4now Member

I'll be here for another couple of hours. Let me know if you hear from him. If not I'll try and talk to him at the raid.

x
  18. Plups Member

formerlyIN, I am a lawyer, but not a US lawyer. Here are some thoughts for you to follow up with Graham.

The video-taping will protect you too. Bear in mind that they can't pressure you inappropriately if it's being video-taped. I'm sure they'll be very appropriate.

Do I have the right to ask for breaks? Absolutely. They will be keen to ensure that the evidence you give is seen to be given freely and not under duress. Also that your memory is good. If you get too tired, that can impact your memory or your ability to articulate clearly. So, they will be okay with you taking breaks. Just indicate up front that you have a disability and that you will need regular breaks.

Can they really deny me the ability to have someone who is not an atty to be present?As I understand it, you have volunteered to be there. If you press it, I think you could require that someone be there with you. That person would need to be quiet, though.

Do I have the right to terminate if they get nasty? Yes. You are free to go at any time unless you are placed under arrest.

You are in my prayers, my dear. You are terrific.
  19. tazor Member

I think Grog is right. They have been trying to keep you from doing this and would just keep doing it till you went away and hid somewhere and kept your mouth shut. What you are doing now is putting it all out there and therefore dead agenting them. This is the best thing you can do to protect yourself imo.
  20. Anonabliss Member

Good Luck. I don't envy you at all and I admire your guts. Give ' em hell.
  21. Consensus Member

My thoughts are with you, formerlyIN. And I'm very grateful to you for doing this.
  22. formerlyIN Member

My ex sister in law wanted to give me a pill to calm me down. I declined. Whe n the only friend you have is your ex husbands, brothers wife, in a city, that's not good...LMAO
  23. momISanon Member

Well, you have a helluva lot of fans and support on here. <3
  24. LRonAnon Member

Smart to refuse it.

Relax the best you can, once its over you feel good about the experience.

Many are heading to do what you are doing, all for different reasons.

We are behind you.
  25. exOT8Michael Member

I have some experience with this.
    I had 11 days full time video'd deposition in my case against Scientology, and 2 days when I testified in the case of my friend Lisa McPherson.

The best advice I can give you as a general nature which is from my own experience, certainly NOT coaching on your case, is to BE YOURSELF, answer succinctly, not volunteering data that was not specifically asked for, and when you want to specially show your sincerity talk into the camera, as that is the face-on view that a jury or a judge would see.

Don't worry, it is less scary than it seems.
    Listen very carefully to the questions as attorneys tend to try tricky questions. Wait till you totally GET the question before answering.
    Being yourself is your absolute strongest trump card.

You will do fine. :flowers:

Michael.
  26. formerlyIN Member

Michael,

I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that Lisa was your friend. Her case was one of the eye openers for me.

I went through alot of questions in my PI case, the these people seem to be ruthless. I intent to be totally honest. I don't know why my testimony is so important, as I gave them tons of docs...but I must for my own guilt ridden self, follow through with this.
  27. Anon23517 Member

Also remember you're not really alone - you've got the support of 9000+ Anons behind you. So just think of that if you start to feel a little overwhelmed.

Good luck.
  28. Anon_1HG Member

THANK YOU for going through with this.
  29. tonguetied Member

[IMG]

You have lots of support.
    Go in and take part of your life back.
    :flowers:
  30. Re: Need an atty's advise/help..ASAP

GF I hope by now you KNOW that you have WAY more friends than your ex sil...GRRRR:flowers:
  31. momISanon Member

Good point. Just to add...........think of ALL the people you will be helping! That goes for ALL Anons and Exs doing this! :flowers:
  32. chickpea Member

Good luck darlin, remember, you have over 9000 buddies behind you :guyfawkes: I just wish we could all be there in the flesh, ready to take you home or for a beer when you get out of there!
    If you're up to it, please let us know how you got on (in your own time obviously, no rush). If other ex's have to do this then knowing what to expect could make the whole ordeal a wee bit easier. Plus, I want to know you're okay, even tho I KNOW you'll be as light as air after getting all that off your chest :hooray:
    There's loads more things I want to say, but it'll just be hand-wringing 'oh I wish I could help you' type stuff, and thats no use to anyone. So I'll shut up now
  33. Re: Need an atty's advise/help..ASAP

I can't stress this enough... take your time to organize your thoughts. They will try to rush you to say things, even badger you if you don't answer fast enough. Don't let them dictate the speed of the interview. They know if they can get you in a tizzy and confuse you, you might make errors.

And please heed the above advice, do not say anything or offer anything extra, lawyers love that shit and most lawyers are skilled to exploit it. What you may think is a innocent statement they'll start to pervert to make you look bad.

If you are not clear on a question. make them rephrase the question until you understand or you feel the question is direct enough. There questions will be designed to drag negative things out of you. If you even get a inkling that the question is not straight forward, make then rephrase it to your satisfaction before you answer it.

Remember they are not your friends, even though they might act like it, or try to make it friendly and "harmless". Don't let your guard down for a minute... they are being paid to crucify you.

Just stick to things that you know, don't guess at things.

Once you get into it, you should do fine. Listen to the advice of the fine people here and know Anonymous is behind you.
  34. formerlyIN Member

ScaryAnon:
    Yes, I do know I have more than her behind me! You're great!

I wish this was all over with....I'm not a drinker. You can count on one hand how many times a year I drink, but I think tomorrow night a black and tan will be real nice!
  35. Top Grunge Member

^^^
    That sounds good. i think I'll have one now! [salute][/salute]
  36. formerlyIN Member

One more question:

can I take copies of the docs I already ghave to them to reference, so not to get dates/times messed up? and can I take notes with me and during?
  37. exOT8Michael Member

Yes I believe you can.
    Take some water too.
  38. Re: Need an atty's advise/help..ASAP

I promise to pony up as many as you want AND drive you home:hc:I'm glad you know we've got your back!
  39. Re: Need an atty's advise/help..ASAP

That's right you can refer to dox, take your own and if they don't offer you what you ask to see to refresh your memory, whip them out. Cops and others refer to their notes ALL THE TIME on the witness stand.
  40. me57 Member

Will be Praying for You FormerlyIn. You do have courage.