Customize

NBC Rock Center on Narconon Arrowhead, April 5, 2013

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by The Wrong Guy, Mar 28, 2013.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

NBC Rock Center Promo Exposing Narconon Tomorrow Evening - Canada cult | Examiner.com

By David Love

Breaking news out of New York this evening about NBC Rock Center with Brian Williams, and NBC reporter Harry Smith interviwing two ex-Narconon staff members, Lucas Catton and Eric Tenorio.

A short promotion of their Narconon Arrowhead segment will be aired tomorrow night [Friday, March 29], with the entire show airing on Friday, April 5, 2013, at 10pm EST/9PM CST.

Continued at www.examiner.com/article/nbc-rock-center-promo-exposing-narconontomorrow-evening
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Chipshotz Member

NBC's not afraid of the big bad cult.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Random guy Member

Oh, the fun keep rolling in!
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Anonymous Member

What exactly is a "drug prevention cyclist"?
    I think they just mean cyclist.
  5. Anonymous Member

I think it's roughly analogous to the classic "issue comic" -- the one who's routine is all about raising awareness, like the guy who's routine is about orphans or ass cancer.
  6. Anonymous Member

It maeks sense in the example you gave of a comic, since it's their job to speak to audiences. How does a cyclist speak to audiences? A cyclist is spending their time, you know, cycling. Perhaps he's got a machine attached to his bike that litters leaflets wherever he rides?

OK OK so he can give the occasional talk once in a blue moon about how all drugs are bad and Hubbard is a god or whatnot, but he can't be doing much of that since it would cut into his cycling time, and eventually he'd be a bad cyclist with all the lack of cycling compared to his competitors, in which case nobody would care for his Hubbard talks anyways.
  7. Horseradish Member

This is a way of getting around saying 'this guy is not a scilon'.
    I think.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's a cult press release from today:

Russian Drug-Free World Bicycling Tour Arrives in Church of Scientology Pasadena

Two Russian marathon cyclists from Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan (Russian Federation), traveling on their bicycles around the world arrived on April 2, 2013, at Pasadena City Hall to promote a drug-free lifestyle. Pavel Grachev, a 47-year-old English and History teacher and Alen Khairullin, a 26-year-old IT engineer, are international ambassadors for healthy, drug-free living and have reached the half-way mark on a nine-month journey around the world.

Their epic journey commemorates the 100th anniversary of the circumnavigational journey by bicycle, a feat undertaken in 1913 by Kazan-born Onisim Pankratov. This world tour promotes—and will culminate at—the 27th World University Games (Universiade), where college athletes from around the world will gather in the host city of Kazan this summer to "meet and compete," say the two.

Continued at
    http://news.yahoo.com/russian-drug-free-world-bicycling-tour-arrives-church-220624877.html
    • Like Like x 2
  9. AnyOldName Member

NBC has rocks. A pair of them.
  10. Missfit Member

actually, this show is specifically Brian Williams...his ideas and concepts. Thank him.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. AnyOldName Member

Okay. Brian Williams has a pair of rocks.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Missfit Member

the only reaosn I ponted it out was because he doesn;t get enough credit for Rock Center. The show does not do well in the rating at all and has been a huge flop for NBC. Not because of the topics, but because they have bounced the show from time slot to time slot all over the weekly schedule and nobody really knows what it is. Brain has been such the figure head at NBC that they signed him for a second season just because of who he is. He makes the calls when it comes to the stories aired as they are the stories (imo) he wishes he could do for Dateline or NBC Nightly but can't as they are pressing news story shows with a more generalized theme.

Granted Dateline and Today have done some wonderful pieces, it is my personal belief that Mr. Williams has a V mask hiding in a closet somewhere. Actually, most journalists I have met, and we are talking big names here, all have a strong opinion on Scientology, and not in a positive way. Guess journalists don't forgive or forget for their sued/stalked/defamed/silenced brethren either ;)
    • Like Like x 7
  13. AnyOldName Member

Thanks to Brian Williams for being willing to report on Scamology & NarCONon and for leading the rest of the NBC News org down that path. I meant no disrespect to him - exactly the opposite.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. soom
    This message by soom has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. amaX Member

I have an old lady crush on Brian Williams so it's going to be no problem watching this one!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Why do you all hate Narconon? I went to Narconon a while ago and I have been off of heroin since. It was the greatest thing that happened for me. I don't work there, but my brother is there now (2 months clean) and he is doing amazing-he was in the marines and it ruined him...I am finally seeing my old brother back again. After almost 20 traditional rehab attempts, this is only place I would ever recommend anyone to go to. I'm just confused at why you all hate it so much. If you all hate Scientology so much than go attack it. Narconon didn't teach me scientology, it saved my life. It really breaks my heart that you would all try to ruin something that I owe my life to. I have several friends that feel the same way. Shame on anyone that would take it away!
    Zaza22
    This message by Zaza22 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 9
  17. Since you all must be Ex-scientologist, or ex-Narconon employees...that probably didn't make it, why don't you all start your own treatment program? Maybe that would give you something better to do than sitting online all day talking shit! Also rock center is a joke! Equal to some tabloid magazine that only sells because of people like you that feed on negative things.
    Zaza22
    This message by Zaza22 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
  18. Anonymous Member

And yet here you are doing an amends project to climb out of your assigned lower condition.
    • Like Like x 5
  19. What?
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

Zaza22......go back to the park .........

naked-drunk-woman.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Chipshotz Member

Granted, Brian Williams is excellent and very intelligent. His visits with David Letterman are always entertaining.
    That being said, couldn't NBC's lawyers nix a segment like other networks if under pressure from the cult?
    • Like Like x 1
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

I agree. He has a great sense of humor.
    Sure. But they didn't.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. patriot75 Member

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article...-WILLIAMS-on-NBC-Friday-April-5-2013-20130403

Last August #RockCenter piece:
    • Like Like x 3
  24. peterstorm Member

• Like Like x 5
  25. patriot75 Member

Scientology-linked rehab #Narconon under fire from two former executives [video available]
    http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/
    • Like Like x 4
  26. AnyOldName Member

• Like Like x 4
  27. patriot75 Member

28. Random guy Member

29. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  30. patriot75 Member

For the sake of any confusion:
    Show airs at:
    10pm Eastern / 9pm Central / 9pm Mountain / 10pm Pacific
    This includes network delay
    http://www.nbc.com/schedule/
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

33. DeathHamster Member

They just made my whole fragging week! Yee-Ha!

On the same IP address:
    Code:
    http://free2believe.org/
    With exactly the same contents as the lucascatton.org Black PR site.

Here's the fun part... Oh wait, put down any beverages first!
    We run this.
    • Like Like x 11
  34. Anonymous Member

MEET PITA PRESIDENT,
    WILLIAM KENT (MAC) McGREGOR:
    (Sexual assault, drug abuse, bankruptcy--money for nothin' and get your kicks for free)
    320059_313847518742537_431018470_n.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

FUCKING A
    • Like Like x 2
  36. DeathHamster Member

Saved for the sudden but inevitable Oh Shit fix by OSA:
    SmokingGub_zps81947ad0.jpg

Edit: Shortened image. I don't see the point in spreading CoS's crap.
    • Like Like x 3
  37. LOL. There is clearly no connection between Scientolacon and Narconology.
    • Like Like x 5
  38. billybob Member

Is this not a violation of Lucas Catton's rights to privacy under HIPAA?
    • Like Like x 3
  39. Anonymous Member

for the success stories I believe you have to sign a waiver...not sure though