Customize

National Association of Forensic Counselors vs. Narconon

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by sallysock, May 18, 2014.

1. DeathHamster Member

Scientology spends so much time schmoozing politicians, watching government departments, derailing investigations, and muffling victims with settlements.

I bet this caught them as a shocking surprise. "But it's not like we killed anyone, this time."
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Quentinanon Member

I think that Philip Morris' corporate counsel would like to know about that.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. TorontosRoot Member

Definitly time to let the owners of those images know right away what the cult is up to. Then lawsuits can hit and they HAVE to remove those images promptly, or are they going to fair game and attack those holders? Baaaaad moves!! We know what the cult is like. :D

Even better if those companies have critics as bosses, managers and employees.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous Member

Miss Fortune has an excellent article posted at her blog.

http://glisteningquiveringunderbell...Underbelly (Glistening, Quivering Underbelly)

KISS OFF?: NAFC's Blistering Response to Per Wickstrom's Best Drug Rehabilitation And Its 'Motion To Dismiss' In Massive False Advertising/Trademark Violation Case

Per Wickstrom and Jason Burdge, featured prominently in the post.

As reported on this blog, Per Wickstrom's Best Drug Rehabilitation, Inc. and the Manistee facility's Deputy Executive Director, Jason Burdge, were among the 82 named defendants in a massive trademark violation lawsuit filed on May 16 in US District Court in Oklahoma's Eastern District by the National Association of Forensic Counselors, Inc. (NAFC) and the American Academy of Certified Forensic Counselors, Inc. (AACFC).

As expected, the suit seeks to blow the lid off a long-rumored Narconon practice: inflating the credentials of staff members by using expired or phony accreditation certificates.

PW I am a Scientologist.JPG

Best-Drug-Rehab-4-1 Burdge CCDC.PNG

Jason B OKIE.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  5. BigBeard Member

Even though they have fixed dates for expiration from the date issued, NAFC might want to consider putting the actual expiration date on the certificate itself. While not doing so doesn't excuse what "Purr" and the others did, it would make it harder for them to get away with using expired certificates in their advertising. Just a thought.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Random guy Member

I guess NAFC had to learn the hard way.
  7. fishypants Moderator

Sensible thought is sensible.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DeathHamster Member

Most of the people they deal with are legit. Short of the Medellin Cartel opening rehabs, it's probably a one-off thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Quentinanon Member

The most remarkable aspects of scientology are:
    1. Sanctimonious hypocrisy
    2. Criminal versatility
    3. Exploitation of vulnerabilities and loopholes for fun and profit
    4. Utilisation of social appearance strategies to accomplish the above
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. RightOn Member

you forgot lack of cake
    • Like Like x 3
  12. fishypants Moderator

keep-calm-even-though-the-cake-was-a-lie.png
    • Like Like x 2
  13. tinfoilhatter Member

Its actually legal. It is perfectly legal for a non-profit to donate to another non-profit. Man, talk about a great way to launder money.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Quentinanon Member

Bingo!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RightOn Member

problem is they shouldn't be non profit in the first place
    • Like Like x 2
  16. jensting Member

Legal it may be, but talk about leaving a money trail a mile wide...
    • Like Like x 2
  17. RightOn Member

a trail? moar like a 4 lane highway. :p
    And yet Governments world wide do nothing.:(
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Another salvo from the NAFC in its massive lawsuit

We have another filing by the National Association of Forensic Counselors, which is suing Scientology’s drug rehab network, Narconon, for misusing its logos and trademarks.

The NAFC named 82 defendants, which includes Scientology leader David Miscavige, Narconon Arrowhead CEO Gary Smith, Narconon International president Clark Carr, and related entities, like Kent McGregor and his organization the PITA group. All of them, the NAFC alleges, were part of an incestuous network that was purposefully misusing the NAFC’s certifications and logos in order to give the Narconon network more legitimacy, and ultimately move more people into Scientology itself.

The defendants are responding to the lawsuit in numerous ways. Some are filing special appearances and saying they shouldn’t be in the suit for jurisdiction reasons, others are filing motions to dismiss — some in groups, others as individuals.

In this latest response to one defendant — Narconon Fresh Start, which runs rehab centers in California — NAFC reiterates that these defendants worked in concert in a conspiracy, and that they are now pretending to have nothing to do with each other, and they’re filing things separately to support that notion. But in fact, the interconnectedness of the many layers and entities of Narconon are plain, the NAFC says. It’s an interesting document, and we knew you’d want to see it.

Read the NAFC’s response to Narconon Fresh Start’s motion to dismiss:

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/09/19/scienologys-tent-party-in-england-the-9-minute-trailer/
    • Like Like x 4
  19. tinfoilhatter Member

This is the most promising thing i have ever read.

"This case emanates from Defendants’ theft of Plaintiffs’ logos, trademarks, certifications and established business reputation in order to bait vulnerable victims into the Scientology

1-91b7912863.jpg

religion. Plaintiffs operate a certification board for forensic counselors. In order to operate the certification board, Plaintiffs have established a series of standards, skills, training and competencies required for professionals working with criminal offenders in addictions1"

This is under the uniform commercial code, so it will be much harder for them to weasel out of, because there is too much legal precedence that they can not avoid. Even if the church of scientology does manage to avoid the lolsuit, they will have a harder time avoiding the criminal charges that this shit storm will cause.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Quentinanon Member

Privately, Hubbard regretted many times that he turned scientology into a non-profit, tax-exempt religion. He just never had the courage and integrity to take ownership of his mistake.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Quentinanon Member

Shades of RICO.
    I think NarCONon is going down with finality, and like an anchor tied to the captain's ankle, will pull the cult down as a consequence.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Random guy Member

I suppose asking for dox won't help me? Sometimes you Xes really surprise me.
  23. Quentinanon Member

I think Nancy Many's book, My Billion Year Contract, has some statements about that.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

This case emanates from Defendants’ theft of Plaintiffs’ logos, trademarks, certifications and established business reputation in order to bait vulnerable victims into the Scientology religion. Plaintiffs operate a certification board for forensic counselors. In order to operate the certification board, Plaintiffs have established a series of standards, skills, training and competencies required for professionals working with criminal offenders in addictions to enhance the delivery of safe and effective treatment.

The entire document is full of lulz!

Eric Tenorio is a witness! But best of all the legal team fully understands the scams!

2 It is necessary to point out Defendants’ apparent strategy in the filing of all Defendants’ numerous Motions to Dismiss. Certain motions are filed by only a single Defendant, while others are filed by groupings of Defendants. Yet, the groupings appear random with no real connection between the Defendants within the particular groups. For example, Defendants Robert Hernandez, his wife Defendant Daphna Hernandez, and Defendant FONI (founded by Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez) filed three separate motions, yet grouped themselves with other seemingly unrelated Defendants. Such convoluted filings lead one to believe Defendants are attempting to hide or minimize the incestuous nature of the Narconon Network.

(my emphasis...)
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Sekee Member

Yes, it’s beautiful.

• Like Like x 3
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

David Miscavige, you’ve been served: Leader of Scientology will need to respond to NAFC suit

What’s it like to try and serve Scientology leader David Miscavige with a lawsuit? We now have a pretty good idea.

Back in May, the National Association of Forensic Counselors filed a lawsuit against 82 defendants, including Miscavige, as well as various entities and people associated with Scientology’s drug rehab network, Narconon.

The lawsuit accuses Scientology of conspiring to misuse the NAFC’s logo and trademarks in order to make Narconon appear more legitimate than it is, and ultimately to draw more people into Scientology itself.

In the months since, we’ve been watching as some defendants have tried to keep out of the suit by filing “special appearances,” and others have filed motions to dismiss. But we’ve been especially curious to see what was happening with Miscavige, who had not yet been served with the suit.

Apparently, just presenting him with papers can be quite a challenge. The high-flying, luxury-living leader of Scientology has plenty of places to hang out behind high walls and security guards, making it tough for a process server to get near him.

But over a three-day period earlier this month, the NAFC’s process server, Harold Karaka, made multiple attempts simply to walk in the front door of the HGB building carrying a sheaf of papers and met Scientology’s aggressive security detail.

The Hollywood Guaranty Building, at 6331 Hollywood Boulevard, houses the L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition on the ground floor. But upstairs there are offices, and the Church of Scientology International, and David Miscavige, use the address on documents as an official residence.

Three times, Karaka was rebuffed by security guards. On the second day, he got an earful.

As I was attempting to communicate the code authority, both of the uniformed and armed security guards, almost in unison, began to repeat themselves, over and over, for a period of not less than 7 minutes, stating that I should do my job by finding the agent for service and they were not accepting service. I attempted numerous times to again explain the purpose and authority for the process of service, whereas they then demanded that I leave the building.

Finally, on the third day, after he was stopped again, as instructed he lay the papers on the feet of a security guard. When he turned to leave, the guard caught up to him and shoved the packet under his arm. Karaka also managed to videotape a short portion of the encounter:

We’re told that the NAFC now considers this service accomplished, and will mail one final notice for good measure. But as far as the court is concerned, this should be sufficient to force Miscavige to respond in some way — either with a special appearance or with a filed answer.

Here’s Karaka’s official account:

NAFC v. Scientology: Affidavit Harold Karak A

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/09/23/da...cientology-will-need-to-respond-to-nafc-suit/
    • Like Like x 8
  27. RightOn Member

BWA HA HA
    Lifting a toast up to all involved in bringing down this most insidious and cruel front group of the COS.
    And to all the family members and friends of the victims of Narconon, justice is on the way.
    • Like Like x 6
  28. Quentinanon Member

Scientology security would fit right in as Nazi concentration camp guards or prisoner capos.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 3
  30. DeathHamster Member

He might have been Sea Org, or he might have been private security.

The guard that killed Epic Swords Guy at the Celebrity Centre was private security, a former police officer. No mention of the company.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Quentinanon Member

Likely the scienazi was not private security as a licensed private security guard could lose his license for interfering with lawful civil process.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. BigBeard Member

I looked up the 'Indirect Service' citation Karaka's mention in his e-mail, and lil' Davy is screwed. If he blows the service off, one fine day he's going to get a visit from a couple of Sheriff's Deputies. And I dare those security goons to mess with them.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 7
  34. Random guy Member

I'm not familiar with the service of subpoenas system in the US, but I can't see how it can be legal to dodge a summon by hiding behind armed guards or refusing to cooperate. Captain Miscavige must now, if I understand BigBeard correctly, send his barristers to court to argue special appearances to get out of the case, am I right? What happens if he or his representative simply do not show?
    • Like Like x 1
  35. BigBeard Member

If Miscavige, or his lawyers, simply don't show up after being served he could be held in contempt of court. In which case the Sheriff's Deputies show up, only this time with cuffs.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  36. RightOn Member

stop you are making me moist
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Random guy Member

The problem here is the term "could", which means that he also "could not". Miscavige has an army of lawyers and other means to make make a charge of contempt not happen. What are are the options?
    • Like Like x 1
  38. BigBeard Member

My bad, that "could" should have been "would". Judges don't take lightly to anyone who blows off an appearance after being served. Either DM shows up, or his lawyers show up for him, to deal with the service, or he shows up in court to deal with the contempt charge. Either way, him or his lawyers have to show up.

Personally, I hope he blows it off and gets a visit from the Sheriff's Deputies.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 4
  39. Anonymous Member

I'm not a US fag, so I'm ignorant about many of the legal processes in the US.

What would it take, or what circumstance might it be to have the US Marshall services show up?
    • Like Like x 1