Customize

NASHVILLE, TN

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by twistedpuppet, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twistedpuppet Member

NASHVILLE, TN

Come on bitches! We need to get this show on the road. I wanna see more returning faces and new ones if we can get them!
  2. juche Member

Re: NASHVILLE, TN

For fucking real we need to flyer and everything this time. We need to actually make real plans that everyone RSVPs to so we don't have something like 5 November happen again! Downtown flyering, posting of flyers throughout the Belmont/Vandy area, telling friends about it all, ANYTHING. We need to get our fucking numbers up!

Also, we need hot chocolate and warm cookies. I'd be more than happy to bring both.
  3. juche Member

People who want to keep up-to-date with everything, the Nashanon eMail is anon.nashville on gmail. Also, bitches need to get all up in the Skype. PM for usernames.
  4. desudesuchan Member

word.. first thing we need is a set date..... so drop those numbers, and then i'll head to kinkos. mebbe we needs a christmas themed flyer?
  5. juche Member

It looks like the concensus is 13 December. Does that work for everyone?
  6. twistedpuppet Member

The 13th works for me. I'm always free on saturdays.
  7. desudesuchan Member

so hopefully this image works... just whipped this up. tell me what you think?

[IMG][/UR
  8. juche Member

There are a lot of spelling and grammatical errors -- do you want me to go through and highlight them or something?
  9. FraggedMind Member

^^^THIS^^^
  10. desudesuchan Member

sure. thought i got them all, ah well high school was along time ago and it was past my bedtime. but other than that what ya think? not too heavy handed? good use/choice of fonts/ subjects? i don't do a lot of writing and crave input.
    lulzs i will spend all day at work now wondering.
  11. twistedpuppet Member

I would put the URLs on a separate lines. Just because it wouldn't look so jumbled. You can reduce the font size of those URLs to make them fit on the page and still look good if you need to.
  12. juche Member

I'm working on fixing it now. Until then, other news.

Okay, so we want to try to be upstat at the next protest therefore we need good ways to get the word out. I've already commented on every Nashville Anon video on YouTube and posted the eMail address here, Marcab and Anonimap. Since I planned the first protest, I have thirty-six eMail addresses of people who haven't been to a protest since at least April and I plan to eMail them all next weekend.

So what do we do next? The first protest I posted on Craigslist, so I'll probably do that again. Do we want to flyer? If we do, where? Vandy area? Belmont area? DT Nashville? What about more outlying places like MTSU?

Freals we need to get on this, guise. Let's try to be srs bzns again because I don't want Nashville Scientologists to win because they're downstat pussies. Do we want to be downstat pussies? I know I don't want to >O!!
  13. juche Member

Okay, here it goes --

Happy Holidays from your Anonymous friends!

Ah, the holidays, the time of year when reflect on the good things we have and help those who are less fortunate. As we settle down in our warm houses with our Christmas trees, Menorahs or other holiday items, we think of our loved ones and feel sympathy for those who cannot spend time with theirs: those who have lost their loved ones, those whose family members are off defending our nation, those who have family that is too far away to see, those whose Scientologist family members are in disconnection...

Wait, what was that last one?

Disconnection is a Scientology practice in which Scientologists are told to sever all ties between themselves and their friends, colleagues and even family members who disagree with Scientology practices -- it is a form of religious shunning that has ended marriages, destroyed friendships and separated children from their parents.

In short, disconnection destroys families.

So as most of us go home to our families or at least try to connect with them in the spirit of the holidays -- whichever holiday they celebrate -- we should all think about all of the disconnected Scientologists who aren’t allowed their right to family and friendship.

Please tell your family you care, if only for the ones who cannot speak.

For more information, visit
    Operation Clambake - The Inner Secrets Of Scientology
    Ex-Scientology Kids

To see how you can help, visit
    Home - Why We Protest
  14. twistedpuppet Member

Looks good to me. Hey, we may want to try some other outlying areas besides the ones we normally think about. I know there were some anons from other neighboring counties at the April protest. We might try some flyers in those areas if you guys want to.
  15. juche Member

With the price of gas down, I'm willing to make a trip if you have specific places you want to flyer. I can't think of specific places in Williamson county to hit, but perhaps other counties...

In other news, after finding Dr Urbanek's wife, Ann Crossland Urbanek, on Facebook, I found two new Scientologists: Sam Gauthier and his wife Nicole Crossland Gauthier. Nicole owns a fitness center with locations in Brentwood and Clearwater, ha. Most of their friends are in the Tampa Bay network. Mrs Gauthier is a 1996 graduate of Father Ryan and a lot of her Nashville-area friends are Catholic. Ann Urbanek and Sam Gauthier are fans of some guy named Patrick J. Clouden, so he may be Scientologist-related.

I'd be very interested to see if Clearwater-area Anons recognise the names of Gauthier and Urbanek's friends.

Also, freaks me the fuck out because the Urbanek kids are friends with four of my friends, ugh.
  16. demosthenes Member

17. juche Member

That would be awesome to start posting everywhere. It might be good to add a link to Why We Protest just so people can possibly happen upon the forums.
  18. demosthenes Member

Before I upload the revised version, is 11 AM okay to have on there as the time?
  19. juche Member

Yep. I think in the long run, having people meet at the Parthenon is too much to ask. If they want to protest, be at the org at 11ish. Saying things like 'oh, Parthenon at 10:30, org at 11' is a bit off-putting I think. Straight up org at 11.
  20. twistedpuppet Member

11 AM is fine, but maybe put that we meet at the Parthenon around 10 ish and will leave around 10:30 or 10:45 am.
  21. twistedpuppet Member

You do have a point. :D That would probably be better, but some of us core can still meet up there. Too bad we can't meet at coco anymore. But they wanna stay neutral, and I guess I understand that. Those last couple incidents with the scilons tho, I think that's what ruined it. They were cool until the scilons started coming around and mucking things up.
  22. desudesuchan Member

i do like demos flier too... he has a better santa hat. but looking at it from a perspective of someone who does not know what is going on.... whats disconnection?
    BTW Juche thanks for straightening that grammar out for me... knowing me it was probably a task and a half.

Scientos in brentwood? scary thought. thats my bosses territory.
  23. juche Member

Phbt, fuck that, Brentwood's my territory. Scientologists need to gtfo; this is Jucheland.
  24. Elbynonamous Member

Lolol Jucheland.
  25. demosthenes Member

I don't think a flyer is the place to try to give a detailed explanation. Intrigue them, send them to the Internet, and hope they show up... that's about all a flyer can do.

Anyway, here's the version with the WWP link. I also made the Santa hat a tiny bit darker since I tried printing the flyer and it was lighter than the suit for some reason. (The watermark on the PDF looks pretty dark, but it doesn't detract from readability once you print it.)

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
  26. desudesuchan Member

meh, i can see you point but at the same time i tend to forget to look things up, and don't hold on to fliers. ah well from the looks of the differences in our work we appear to be working on completely different things anyways. one to promote the protest and one to hand out at it.

so anyways, here is my redone flier. Once again many thanks to Juche for doing such a wonderful re-write to my text.

[img=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7531/image1jq1.th.png][img=http://img230.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]
  27. demosthenes Member

Yeah, I just figured that out as well. ^^; Looks like we were comparing apples to oranges.
  28. Elbynonamous Member

I still have my old operation Reconnect flyer... I can revamp that bitch. ;D
  29. twistedpuppet Member

Hells yeah! Some old school stuff. :p
  30. juche Member

Okay, kids, what's going on here? Chicago is rapidly getting up to our post count and we can't be beaten by those fags! What are we going to do to get the word out to make our December enturbulation epic?
  31. twistedpuppet Member

A santa suit and some elves?
  32. juche Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-current-projects/lisa-mcpherson-anniversary-32153/#post615725

There are murmurings about doing something on the day that Lisa McPherson died, specifically srs bzns candlelight vigils. I still have the candles left over from February (which we couldn't use because of insane, hateful winds), so I'm up for this shit. Wanna plan for some evening raiding here, like rush hour type thing? I went over there at lunch time one day and it was insane, so I can't imagine how many people would pass us during rush hour...
  33. twistedpuppet Member

I can get paper cups to slide the candles through so that the wind and dripping wax isn't so much of an issue.
  34. juche Member

If it's still, I have all of those little waxy plate thingies that go around the base.
  35. Still Alive Member

You guys could also make up a ning.com site. Fucking ning. Makes me wish I owned stock on ning but they're private so oh well.
  36. twistedpuppet Member

Cool. I'll buy the paper cups just in case. They're not expensive.
  37. juche Member

We're thinking anywhere from 3 to 5:30 as the start time for the vigil. I'd prefer it starting after dark, but I know that a lot of people won't want to get tied up in the rush hour traffic, so what time are you guys thinking? Earlier? Later? When do you get off of work?
  38. twistedpuppet Member

We can start as the vigil as soon as it gets dark, but I would prefer to get there early. Maybe do a bit of flyering before dark.
  39. desudesuchan Member

i'd love to do the vigil... but alas... a friday is damn near impossible for me to take off work
  40. twistedpuppet Member

Ah, you must work retail. I'm so sorry. :p TBH, retail is still far better than being a security guard. I know from personal experience. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.