Customize

NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Elbynonamous, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parrotnut Member

Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

DON`T give up! Maybe you`ll get an influx of SP`s!!!!
  2. parrotnut Member

Fingers crossed for all of you and yours!!!!

As I heard during my childhood in the south (TN)....THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!! Scn will NOT get a toehold in TN!!! You guys won`t let it happen....I know!!! GO GO GO!!!!
  3. Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

:D so enthusiastic:)))) i like it:)
  4. Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

After july, i'll be able to help you guyz out alot more with that btw. but thats a while away from today:)
  5. desudesuchan Member

wouldn't a tax theme be more appropriate in march, just before the filing deadline? as for getting out on other days i do try, but work keeps most of my time occupied. i do drop cards damn near everywhere though.
  6. twistedpuppet Member

I'm thinking January the anniversary, then February and March both about taxes since most people are going to start filing in February.
  7. juche Member

I go to an overnight job for two days without Internet and I come back and shit has broken loose. Poor Jett ;_;.
  8. Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

it happenz:D
  9. twistedpuppet Member

It shouldn't have happened.
  10. twistedpuppet Member

What else are we discussing for the 17th? Are we going to focus on the tax exempt status? or wait till February to do that? I think I'm going to buy some dowel rods and make T braces for some of the signs. They're a little bit easier to hold that way
  11. Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

i've already got a bunch of sign stuff and signs made, "Religion, your doing it wrong", ect that kinda stuff anything else i should make or should i just bring some blank signs and markers?
  12. twistedpuppet Member

Blank signs and markers are totally cool. Some people like to make impromptu signs.
  13. Elbynonamous Member

Sounds good. Make sure your sign has BIG BOLD letters... otherwise no one will be able to read it.

Also, BRING FRIENDS. If I need to make an impromptu trip to Performance for V masks I will.

As for the theme, meh. I say wait til February for the tax theme. Most people won't be filing in January.

Can I has headcount?
  14. juche Member

Oh Lord, change it to 'you're doing it wrong' D:

No grammatical mistakes on posters -- it enturbulates my thetans or something like that idk.
  15. egg Member

yeah the Memphis one is reduce into a small space that just only sells the Diantics books and that's it...

haven't heard anyone sense March...

well if you can or if it's legal play music along with your protest here's my own Annon mix...

Bjork declare Independence

offspring-your going to go far kid

Black Sabbath - Supernaut

and that's all I have so far...
  16. Elbynonamous Member

So wait... you're a Memphanon?
  17. demosthenes Member

I'm going to be out of town on the day of, but if we're putting up flyers beforehand, I can help with that.
  18. egg Member

yeah I'm a memphanon.....not afraid to say it....
  19. Elbynonamous Member

Ah, no offense meant. I was just making sure. I hadn't seen you in the forums before. I was in contact with the Memph's for awhile because they had interest in coming to the protests up here.
  20. egg Member

ohh I'm not offended.....glad that they are driven to such a tiny space though we're not through with them...

operation you've got mail will be a huge surprise for the mayor and his staff of collerville to warn them that such a bible belt loving area needs to be rid of last of what's left of Scientology of the mid south

Elvis would be ashamed of his daughter
    during his years of being badger to join the church
    he total spoke against it....

I wouldn't mind coming up there ether
  21. Elbynonamous Member

Ahh. Did you go to the memphis protests much? :D
  22. egg Member

I thought you said anons from memphis were welcome to come up Nashville to protest I was referring to that protest...

I have protested in Memphis yes...
  23. Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

that may be needed. i hav'nt been able to find any v masks here atall.
    ok including me it'll be about 2 or 3 to 6 or 7 at the most. since most of us work at a sports bar some of us may not be able to come depending on what games are playing that day. anyone happen to know OFF HAND?
  24. Elbynonamous Member

Yeah, you're more than welcome to come to the Nashville protest. Anyone is. :)
  25. juche Member

OKAY.

1. We're not going with a theme this month. It's too close to the protest to be making even vague attempts at themes. We'll try to start doing themes again next month.

2. Saturday is going to be fucking cold. Dress appropriately and bring your own hot drinks/snacks as we have epic amounts of fail at hospitality.

3. Bring money if you want to go for soup or something after the raid. Bring cash (they only accept cash) if you want to join in the bubble tea awesomeness.

4. Music is always handled, so no worries about that, but bring your own signs. We have backups but it's nice to have new ones.

5. Cover your face or at least your eyes. With the cold, you'll probably want to bring something to wipe out the inside of your mask because condensation's likely going to end up being a bitch.

6. On Wednesday, I'm gonna post on some Nashville LJ communities and Craigslist about the protest. If you have any other place you know of where you can pimp this shit, do it. I'll post the updated basic flyer in a few minutes.

7. PM or whatever with questions.
  26. juche Member

33fb7h1.jpg
  27. twistedpuppet Member

Sounds good to me. I should be able to make it unless the Dentist needs a second visit. That'll teach me to put things off. X(
  28. juche Member

lol I go to the dentist once a year and that's it. My teeth are very healthy, yay.
  29. twistedpuppet Member

:p This just means it's time I make myself do what I should have been doing to begin with. Hopefully I can avoid anymore issues with my teeth.
  30. juche Member

So I can't sleep and was cruising around Facebook and found that Ann Urbanek has made her Facebook profile hidden to non-friends :(. Displeased by such a thing, I decided to look at her husband's website again because I remembered him, you know, breaking the law and teaching 'religious' things in Nashville schools. Decided to Google such a thing and came up with this: The Way to Happiness - The Black and White of Justice - Freedom Magazine Published by Church of Scientology

This shit happens again, I recommend 'poons.
  31. juche Member

Okay everyone, we all know it's been bitterly cold the last few days. It is supposed to be in the low 40s tomorrow, but I think this is worth discussing anyway.

HOW TO DRESS FOR COLD WEATHER FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD JUCHE

1. Layers. We're not here to be fashionable, so layer whatever wherever. I'm talking a tank top covered by a t-shirt covered by a sweater covered by a jacket covered by a coat. You can take layers off but good luck finding extra layers once you're there. The layers create air pockets which will keep you warmer.

2. Gloves. Wear gloves, for the love of God, wear gloves.

3. Socks. PROTIP: layer socks under your shoes if possible. It's good to have the little pockets of air between layers.

4. Footwear. If you have snowboots, wear them with your layered socks. Tennis shoes don't do much for heat, so wear something more substantial if you have it.

5. Hats. You lose a lot of heat through your head. Cover it with a knit cap, stylish Russian hat, something. You'll probably also want something covering your ears and neck.

6. Hand warmers. If you have some of those things hanging around the house somewhere, it might be a good idea to grab them.

7. After the protest, when you get in your car, immediately remove your gloves, shoes and socks and crank up the heat. Your fingers and toes will heat up a lot faster.

8. Bring hot drinks.

See you guys there!
  32. juche Member

33. Lorelei Member

Salutations from your sister city in Jawja. LOVE this poster.

Hope to tandem enturbulate sometime with [strike]you guys[/strike] y'all.

Also digging this video:

Awesome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.