Customize

NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Elbynonamous, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elbynonamous Member

NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

January 17, 2009.

Nashville Celebrity Center.

11AM.

From Juche~

1. We're not going with a theme this month. It's too close to the protest to be making even vague attempts at themes. We'll try to start doing themes again next month.

2. Saturday is going to be fucking cold. Dress appropriately and bring your own hot drinks/snacks as we have epic amounts of fail at hospitality.

3. Bring money if you want to go for soup or something after the raid. Bring cash (they only accept cash) if you want to join in the bubble tea awesomeness.

4. Music is always handled, so no worries about that, but bring your own signs. We have backups but it's nice to have new ones.

5. Cover your face or at least your eyes. With the cold, you'll probably want to bring something to wipe out the inside of your mask because condensation's likely going to end up being a bitch.

6. On Wednesday, I'm gonna post on some Nashville LJ communities and Craigslist about the protest. If you have any other place you know of where you can pimp this shit, do it. I'll post the updated basic flyer in a few minutes.

7. PM or whatever with questions.

Also from Juche~
    Okay everyone, we all know it's been bitterly cold the last few days. It is supposed to be in the low 40s tomorrow, but I think this is worth discussing anyway.

HOW TO DRESS FOR COLD WEATHER FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD JUCHE

1. Layers. We're not here to be fashionable, so layer whatever wherever. I'm talking a tank top covered by a t-shirt covered by a sweater covered by a jacket covered by a coat. You can take layers off but good luck finding extra layers once you're there. The layers create air pockets which will keep you warmer.

2. Gloves. Wear gloves, for the love of God, wear gloves.

3. Socks. PROTIP: layer socks under your shoes if possible. It's good to have the little pockets of air between layers.

4. Footwear. If you have snowboots, wear them with your layered socks. Tennis shoes don't do much for heat, so wear something more substantial if you have it.

5. Hats. You lose a lot of heat through your head. Cover it with a knit cap, stylish Russian hat, something. You'll probably also want something covering your ears and neck.

6. Hand warmers. If you have some of those things hanging around the house somewhere, it might be a good idea to grab them.

7. After the protest, when you get in your car, immediately remove your gloves, shoes and socks and crank up the heat. Your fingers and toes will heat up a lot faster.

8. Bring hot drinks.

Also bring cash for warm Bubble Tea raid. ;D
  2. juche Member

Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

Latest version of our video!!

3. twistedpuppet Member

:p About time. I thought you guys were on hiatus or somethin. Have you guys seen that show Dexter? d000d, it's frickin weird!
  4. Elbynonamous Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtHDG0-ZWig]YouTube - Epic Nashville Anonymous Dancing[/ame]

Done.
  5. twistedpuppet Member

YAY DANCING!!!!!!!!!! >XD
  6. demosthenes Member

Yay! Have we made our contribution to the Where The Hell Is Anonymous video yet?

Also updated the Marcab group, just in case someone wanders in through there.
  7. Elbynonamous Member

I've got something in the works for that. ;D
  8. twistedpuppet Member

I still haz pictures of the Pirates at the Parth-Anon. :D
  9. Elbynonamous Member

How was everyone's christmas?
  10. juche Member

Rather good, ty.
  11. twistedpuppet Member

It was really good. My family came over to my place and we had dinner and lots of little presents. :) My cat even decided not to hide in the bedroom all night and let daddy pet her.
  12. juche Member

LOL COMING SOON

2i6z67l.jpg

OUR WHERE THE HELL IS ANONYMOUS VIDEO

Like... tomorrow.
  13. twistedpuppet Member

:D Awesome!
  14. juche Member

Well, I thought I'd be able to get it up tonight, but it's taking for fucking ever to compress (it has 25 minutes left, kill meeeee), so I'm going to sleep. BUT it will be uploaded like first thing in the morning, whatever 'first thing' happens to be for me.

... expect it around like... idk, noon. It's vacation -- you know how these things work. I rather enjoy the video so I hope that you guise will also enjoy it~.
  15. twistedpuppet Member

w00t! Can't wait. >XD
  16. Elbynonamous Member

That is an awesome freakin' cap.

I can't wait to see it.
  17. Elbynonamous Member

HAHAHHA NINJAAAA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWl_bEJ7Pk&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Where the Hell is Anonymous in Nashville?[/ame]

For best result, click "watch in HD"
  18. juche Member

T____________________T

I just watched it in HD and the music and video are WAAAAAAY out of sync. Anger >O.
  19. Elbynonamous Member

Whaaaat.

I didn't notice. I guess that's cause I didn't make it, eh? xD
  20. juche Member

It cuts off 30 seconds of video. Click on the normal version and then the HD one D:.

I'm gonna delete it and replace it with another version until I can upload the 1 gig version tonight. I can't handle it being totally off, especially since we look like we're dancing at like 2x speed T_T.
  21. AceOfSpades Member

That video was awesome, and way too much fun to make!
  22. Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

hahaha that was a really good video, WE HAVE MADE THE CONTRIBUTION!!:)
    Unfortunatly though i have not been having the best of holidays. my grandfather had a heart attack the day after my school let out for winter break. i've been in PA for the last week and still am. he came home x-mas day but this morning at around 2am he stopped breathing. hes is the hospital now on a ventilator.

i don't know if i'll be able to make it to the january raid as of right now. it depends on how hes doing and wheather or not i'm going to be in PA for the next few weeks.

keep your fingers crossed:)
  23. Elbynonamous Member

I'm sorry about your grandpa... I hope he's okay.

My granddad had a quintuple bypass and aorta replacement before last christmas. He got to the point where he wasn't breathing too, so they kept him sedated and on a ventilator... He swelled up to almost 3 times his size... you couldn't even see his eyes. And then he got pneumonia.

He's okay now though! Alive and kickin'.
  24. juche Member

I hope your grandpa gets to feeling better! Please keep us updated!

In terms of Anon news, Elby taped some Nashville clouds for us to use in announcement videos. I want to get a video out at least a week before the next protest, so we need to decide what to say in it. If people throw me ideas, I'll write up a proper narrative then make and post the video to YouTube.

Go!
  25. twistedpuppet Member

It's getting close to tax time. January and February are about when everyone gets their W2s. Part of it should focus on their unfair tax status that also violates the establishment clause of the First Amendment.
  26. juche Member

Is that considered the theme for January?

On that note, themes again, y/y?
  27. twistedpuppet Member

I don't know. Is there supposed to be a theme? Maybe a theme based on the postal carrier creed. Nothing keeps us from enturbulating. Not the rain, not sleet, not dark of night. :p
  28. Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

I agree the tax issue will probly invoke some curiousity in folks who didn't know about co$ tax-exemption.

if only if only, we had someone with enough money to sue the co$, or maby the irs for breaking constitutional law. but i don't think anyone is willing to take that kind of a risk though. i know i wouldn't. hmmm, plus whoever sued them would have to give the court their name wouldn't they? idk are there laws that require the court have your personal information? probly...

and paps is doing good but he seems really depressed about us (my mom, and bros.) leaving tommarow. we have to get back home in time for the big games on new years. (we all work in the same sports bar. i think the irony mime just slapped me with a fish!) he keeps poking fun at the nurses, breaking into the popey the sailor man theme song everytime they inject something into his IV.
  29. twistedpuppet Member

Why can't you take him with you? :( He could so join us in January! :D If you bring a wheel chair for him, he doesn't have to stand or anything and the chair can hold the sign for him. :D
  30. juche Member

Sklar v. IRS - Why We Protest | Activism Forum
  31. juche Member

Since there have been a lot of blackouts here at WWP, I want everyone to know the backup ways to contact:

Nashanon - Marcab
    Nashville Anonymous
    anon.nashville (at) gmail.com

We're also on Skype, so if you have a username, PM either Elby or me and we'll invite you to the chat.
  32. Re: NASHVILLE, TN - January 17

he's still in the hospital right now. i don't know when hes getting out.
  33. Elbynonamous Member

I don't think she was serious.

At least, I hope not.

I hope your Grandpa is okay. ;w;
  34. twistedpuppet Member

I hope he's ok too. Take as much time as you need. When he's feeling better and out of the hospital, feel free to drop by one of our raids. :)
  35. parrotnut Member

I`m amazed the cult has made any headway in TN. I lived there for MANY years....can`t believe that that southern bible belt bullshit hasn`t kicked them out. You guys KEEP on kicking....
  36. twistedpuppet Member

I really wouldn't say they made any headway. The opened a celeb center in Nashville and another small org in Memphis. The Memphis org closed up shop and moved to a different town and is now running out of a chiropractor office. The celeb center has only a handful of staff. We merely show up in masks with no signs at all and the immediately close the blinds and hide from us. They've only been out one time for real. That was at the first protest. The spokeswoman came out, spouted off what gold base had told her to say, then went back inside to hide. Every so often someone would come out to unpack and repack the ramen noodles, cornflakes, and paper towels they had sitting on the front porch in an effort to make themselves look angelic in the face of opposition. It didn't work.
  37. parrotnut Member

Geez...got tears in my eyes...ax-pat here. Nice vid!

Why don`t the majority of southerners kick them out?

Get THEM OUT of there!
  38. Elbynonamous Member

Working on it, ever so diligently. ;D
  39. juche Member

Our main problem at this point is attrition. If we had more people, we could do a lot more to get them out of here, but... most people just come to the protests and aren't willing to do much more than that :/. Some of us are really good about doing a constant party hard on our days off from work and school, but it's definitely not all of us.

I'm hoping that our new videos and methods of communication will help us get upstat and we'll get varied people with new skills and wonderfulness to help us :D.
  40. parrotnut Member

Not quite ready to go back to the south (bad memories) ; but if you send me a list of legislators and their addys...I`ll send stuff ...and make sure my relatives do the same....

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
    (anyone who was raised there will understand this).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.