Customize

Nashville, TN: April 11th Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by juche, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeLyt Member

Re: Nashville, TN: April 11th Planning

Haha, why don't you ask juche and elby bout that one?

I'm not sure about chalking, but I *think* its perfectly legal. We've done it before at the 16th local.
  2. MuffinKat Member

I figure it's legal so long as it's nothing libelous on the public property (i.e. sidewalk). Reason I asked was because I recall a lot of cities not being too keen on having fliers taped to telephone poles.
  3. grokitt Member

Fliering telephone poles isn't legal in DT Nashville. I know a number of streets who've gotten cited for it. Can't recall what the fine was.
  4. MuffinKat Member

That's right out then--surely a little sidewalk chalk can't hurt (says the blind muffinkat to her fellow blind)
  5. ZeLyt Member

I'll let juche comment on this one, lol.
  6. desudesuchan Member

yeah phone post flyering is a biiiiiig no-no..... and yea they look pried off, there are still chunks of letter on the wall. took a pic w/my phone but couldnt see nothin i'll have to get my camera today. the letters above the door are too high for just the plain riff-raff though. curiouser and curioser as they say.....
  7. anonymous612 Member

Then this theory is probably out:

If it's the sign you were talking about earlier, it looked low enough for random vandalising to me. Would have had to have been someone determined, but surely you've got SOMEONE pissed off in the area.
  8. desudesuchan Member

9. twistedpuppet Member

They're probably not allowed to put the sign above the door due to it being an historic building.
  10. Re: Nashville, TN: April 11th Planning

It's funny seeing these pictures, because I live so close to it. I'll have to drive by it soon and give it a look-see..
  11. Elbynonamous Member

Chalking is ok. Taping is not.
  12. anonymous612 Member

I find this amusing, because it's the exact opposite for us.

Taping we can do, but GOD HELP YOU if anyone catches you with a piece of chalk...
  13. Re: Nashville, TN: April 11th Planning

:confused:

Well, we still need a BANNER FOR THAT WALL!
  14. twistedpuppet Member

If it's a cloth banner, we can tie heavy rocks in the corners to weigh it down.
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Gadfly Member

This is the exact same article that was in the Tennessean.
  17. twistedpuppet Member

Yup. Posted twice in the Tennessean, I might add, but with a different title both times. Feel free to continue pooning the Tennessean articles. The comments died off yesterday, as they are often want to do after a day or two of the story being up. On one of those stories I was gearing up for an all out battle with one pro-scientology poster, but he stopped responding after I tore his counter argument to shreds. I was kinda sad. No rebuttle. Oh well. :)
  18. Chowder Member

19. MuffinKat Member

Not I, Louisville's a bit too much of a drive for me (from MS).
  20. lokimotion Member

21. juche Member

I can't make it -- we changed the April date to the 11th because I'm busy on the 18th.
  22. Elbynonamous Member

23. juche Member

Hey.

Hey guise.

It's less than two weeks until our April global.

Maybe we should like... plan and shit.
  24. Elbynonamous Member

Heh.

Oh yeah.

>__>

I'm bringing... the shit I normally bring. :D
  25. anonymous612 Member

Needs more ferret.
  26. juche Member

FACT
  27. grokitt Member

Can we get a press release together? No more multiple addresses. 2 wks is optimal time to send 'em out.

There's like a poster in progress over 9000 links back. I'm stuck on it. Suggestions and criticism welcome. Otherwise, pfffft.
  28. Anonymous Member

Wonder if we should hold off this month and do a big push for the May 2nd raid?
  29. grokitt Member

Wouldn't want to do that. The folks at the cc might think we forgot about 'em! *sniff*:-( *sniff*
  30. Anonymous Member

Monthly raids aren't really press release material and if we keep pushing the monthlies the press will disregard and eventually when we do have something of interest or a need they will blow us off.

I think this month we send the raid info into every calendar we can.

Of course this is only one opinion and my opinion has been known to be wrong in the past (have you met any of my exes??Srsly!). If you guys want a press release I will happily write one!
  31. Elbynonamous Member

I vote not press-releasing the 11th, and press-release the 2nd instead! Seems like it would be more effective, not to mention the news peeps might get burnt out on 2 press releases in a month. :3
  32. grokitt Member

kk, misunderstanding there. For some reason, I thought you meant 'no raid.' Disregard. I suck cox.

No problem with pushing May, and not April.
  33. Anonymous Member

I'm sorry, I did sort of make it sound that way. I'm thinking if we do it right and make a big push maybe we can get some news crews to the May 2nd raid.
    Maybe some brainstorming for the press release for May in the May raid thread?

For the April raid, what event calendars do ya'll usually post to?
  34. grokitt Member

The Nashville Scene has an event calendar. On the site, it states you should send your event in 2 weeks in adv, so suggest we do that one today if we're going to hit it at all.

Not really an event calendar, but Craig's List should be one we hit.

I've got a media list, but I didn't really do event calendars on it. I can google-fu some up after I get back.
  35. Anonymous Member

Would be great to get it on the Tennessean event calendar too. I know someone always posts it to Craigslist.

Just so we are all on the same page, we're meeting at 11:00 at the org or the CC?
  36. juche Member

I think we've decided on the Org, which is probably good so when we do Mayday, we know what to expect during a full-scale protest.
  37. grokitt Member

I believe it was agreed we'd meet at the new building for all future raids.

Edit: Damn your posts juche! Fuckin' quick draw.

Re mayday, does anyone wanna go on a scouting mission (parking n shiz) this week?

I also need to make some new signage (the rain ate my signs last time) so like..weather proof sign making party if anyone wants to join. I will be employing laminent tech.
  38. Anonymous Member

Hey Nashville Anons! I have been corresponding with someone who may want to have anons help do an anti cult/scilon program and need a volunteer or two to be the contact for Anons.
    Anyone willing to help with this?
  39. Re: Nashville, TN: April 11th Planning

Let (s)he who has been namefagged bring honor to Anonymous

I, however, can help if Anonymity is an option (aka meet at a cafe, or w/e)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.